• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 1/2: The Sacrifice released, both 66% off ($6.79), L4D2 now on Mac

Volcynika

I'm making a new thread because it's a good sale and we welcome some fresh meat...I mean Mac gamers!

In celebration of the new DLC, Valve has a sale on the two games

Left 4 Dead 1: http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/
Left 4 Dead 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

All add-ons/DLC/etc for PC/Mac versions are free, by the way!

Bundle of the two games is 66% off as well (example $10.19 in USD), and the 4 packs are 66% off too.

Left 4 Dead 2 is now available for Mac, and Left 4 Dead 1 will be available sometime soon, but you can purchase it now and have it ready for your Mac due to SteamPlay.

Go forth and download!

(I was trying to figure out how to mention L4D2 is available for Mac now in the title, but I didn't want people confused and thinking the original was available as well.)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Considering this but i'm really more of a solo player. Great deal though.

Nabs

I don't have a Microsoft Space Bucks calculator on me, but is it cheaper to just buy the bundle on PC? If so, that's pretty awesome :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nabs said:
I don't have a Microsoft Space Bucks calculator on me, but is it cheaper to just buy the bundle on PC? If so, that's pretty awesome :lol
I am going with yes. What, the 360 is actually geting the packs? I am a bit surpised.

JesseZao

Nabs said:
The DLC alone for l4d 1/2 on xbox costs more than the steam bundle right now. I'm double dipping.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nabs said:

How many points is it?

AdamMPSP

I already own them, but I will be downloading it and trying it out on my macbook pro today. Super excited to check out the new stuff. If you guys haven't yet, read the comics and watch the winning music videos from the left4dead blog.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
xero273 said:
560 points

Yeah that's $7. So a single game is cheaper than the DLC, but not the bundle.

Although the bundle is cheaper than all the DLC put together.

NinjaFridge said:

It's entirely possible to play singleplayer, in many ways the co-op AI is a lot less retarded than real players are.

Gowans007 said:
Haha yeah might join ya.

What's the UK steam price?

L4D2: £5.09
L4D1: £4.41
Bundle: £7.81

balladofwindfishes said:
God, why don't they do comics for L4D2 :/

I think Valve have said they want to continue doing comics for L4D, so it's possible the L4D2 guys (and gal) will get the spotlight next time.

NinjaFridge said:
I'm a solo player too (too afraid I'll suck if I play co-op online) and while L4D is a pretty nice singleplayer game, the fact that Valve just keeps releasing free stuff to it made it worth it to me.

I rarely play L4D and L4D2, but each time I play it, it's like there's something substantial and new added... It's very weird. Same for Team Fortress 2.

Baha

Prophet Steve said:
Hmm, already got left 4 dead 2 on pc, and 1 on 360. And still thinking about buying it for the PC. Damn Steam.

Do it, you won't have to pay for the l4d1 dlc either.

Why would you do that? said:
I'm a solo player too (too afraid I'll suck if I play co-op online) and while L4D is a pretty nice singleplayer game, the fact that Valve just keeps releasing free stuff to it made it worth it to me.

I rarely play L4D and L4D2, but each time I play it, it's like there's something substantial and new added... It's very weird. Same for Team Fortress 2.
play with other noobs too ;P

Baha said:
Do it, you won't have to pay for the l4d1 dlc either.
Already paid for crash course. And only don´t have the achievements from the dlc because they are bugged. Im gonna see what my friends are going to do.

Raoh

that's awesome, i'll probably pick this up tonight when i get home.

i play with a controller mainly, the 360 wired controller.

can anyone confirm if i can plug in the xbox 360 headset into the 360 wired controller thats plugged into a pc will work for chat? i've asked a few times but never got an answer, i dont want to buy the headset and find out its worthless to me.

LugNut74

k buying lfd 1 since I don't own it yet on pc. 6.79 feels like i'm stealing it though. wow seriously everyone needs to pick these up at these prices.

Baha

Shambles said:
If you own one of the two and buy the bundle you can't gift the already owned one to someone else correct?

I think you can since they're valve games. From the store page for the bundle:
Already own Left 4 Dead? You can give your extra copy to a friend when you purchase this Bundle. Learn more here

[EDIT] Seems it's only for L4D1 not L4D2.

So cheap that I need to buy some copies for friends.

NinjaFridge said:

Dude, buy it. You can play the campaigns solo and that is fun. But it is better if you play campaign online with others . . . it is just like solo except the NPCs have really great AI and can talk. :D

Top Bottom