• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falt

Just finished my Legendary play through. (Legendary spoiler)
NO Legendary ending, wtf!? Really? Did I miss something?

All in all, loved it. Although compared to my original Heroic run, it seemed a tad easier. I'll put that down to the learning curve.

Numpt3

Wtf is going on today, near enough every game I've played in big team has involved most of my team quitting and the remaining 3/4 of us getting trounced. :/

theultimo

m0ngo said:
Wtf is going on today, near enough every game I've played in big team has involved most of my team quitting and the remaining 3/4 of us getting trounced. :/
Sounds like a normal BTB battle. Weekends bring out the worst players.

Gui_PT

the hell. so I get online to get the assist challenge. i die once and get a "challenge failed" and now none of the assists I get count. Is this on purpose? I doubt it is

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Finally finished the first draft. Needs some revision and a few more passes before getting a thorough edit for errors, both grammatical and factual. Hope to have it out some time next week.

Falt said:
Just finished my Legendary play through. (Legendary spoiler)
NO Legendary ending, wtf!? Really? Did I miss something?

All in all, loved it. Although compared to my original Heroic run, it seemed a tad easier. I'll put that down to the learning curve.

There apparently is a secret ending, but nobody has figured out how to unlock it yet.

theultimo said:
Completed Nightfall...the last part SUCKS...have to go REALLY slow and kill the turrets.
I decided to take a forklift and force myself a way through the gate prematurely. The only threat I had to deal with at the end was a Phantom hanging menacingly below the cliff face. Which is not a threat at all.

Gui_PT

Someone from Bungie.

The assist challenge is broken. As soon as I die, I get a "challenge failed" warning and from that point on none of my assists count.

Disguises

Gui_PT said:
Someone from Bungie.

The assist challenge is broken. As soon as I die, I get a "challenge failed" warning and from that point on none of my assists count.
Yea, I would have finished that challenge by now too if it wasn't broke.

Edit: Seems to be working now? It says I have 2 total from the previous match
Edit2: Actually, it seems like it counts all the assists BEFORE your first death. FIX.

Also, another complaint: When spawning on defence on an assault game, it doesn't show where you have to defend, which is stupid. Usually lose the first round because of this. As long as we attack first, we know where the arming point is.

Dani said:

Finally finished the first draft. Needs some revision and a few more passes before getting a thorough edit for errors, both grammatical and factual. Hope to have it out some time next week.

I just see some weird text when I click the pic? Intruiging.

Monkey, ill probably join back to check out that Death Island remake a bit later, im feeling pretty sleepy though so probably wont stick around for long.

GhaleonEB said:
I died nearly eighty times this mission, over the course of a couple hours, and spent 45 minutes on the section of the level the Beachhead Firefight mission is set. While there I died over 30 times, 20 of which were to Wraith mortars. I have some pics and an epic rant coming on Wraith AI in the morning.
Hm. I don't remember dying that many times on Exodus on Legendary. Just checked: 34 times. Honestly, on my legendary solo play through, I didn't find any levels that exceedingly difficult. Overall, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Halo 2 on the other hand, boy, I said "screw this" not even a third of the way through it.

Doing the Nightfall legendary challenge on co-op. Not going to bother trying to do that by myself.

J-Roderton

Just went through Exodus on my first Matchmaking Co-op. 2 of the guys quit within 5 minutes so it ended up just being be and one other guy. Demolished that level. Lot of fun. :lol This matchmaking totally helps because I struggle playing alone on Legendary.

Also what do you guys think of Headhunter? I love that game, team and FFA, but I never get to play it. Never gets voted for when I am playing. Hope Bungie doesn't just decide to take it out.

theultimo

Jroderton said:
Just went through Exodus on my first Matchmaking Co-op. 2 of the guys quit within 5 minutes so it ended up just being be and one other guy. Demolished that level. Lot of fun. :lol This matchmaking totally helps because I struggle playing alone on Legendary.

Also what do you guys think of Headhunter? I love that game, team and FFA, but I never get to play it. Never gets voted for when I am playing. Hope Bungie doesn't just decide to take it out.
I love Headhunter Pro, as it takes a lot more skill to get skulls. Team Headhunter is a cluster of a game.

J-Roderton

jhferry said:
Man, I was really hoping they fixed the quitting situation. Its like 50/50 people quitting in BTB and team slayer. Oh and can we get "the pit" remake?

I downloaded a forged pit remake. Not the same....Just not the same.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
theultimo said:
Sounds like a normal BTB battle. Weekends bring out the worst players.

Yep, I waited all night last night to get on with some buddies to finally have fun, with all the quitters that's really the only way to play this game.

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
That looks too awesome. When I'm seeing something like this. I really want to try out by myself. I really hope that 343i is working on a Singleplayer DLC where we have to destroy a convenant super cruiser from the inside.
Well you can actually try it, its a modded save file im not going to bother with it though lol

How the fuck does Bungie get a challenge so fucked up that they have already basically had like 30 times so far?

Why would you create two different challenges "A great friend" and "Pass the Rock" that are the same thing when there could be so many better challenges?

Unpolished.

Get your shit together.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
I died nearly eighty times this mission, over the course of a couple hours, and spent 45 minutes on the section of the level the Beachhead Firefight mission is set. While there I died over 30 times, 20 of which were to Wraith mortars. I have some pics and an epic rant coming on Wraith AI in the morning.
I grabbed a warthog, gave the Sgt Major dude an FRG, he hopped on and then we got this badass looking soldier that was walking around without a helmet to jump on the turret and we destroyed the covenant in that area.

2rcrea0.jpg

The final run up to the button that activates the AA guns was a bitch though since I was on foot and had to do that section a bunch of times because I kept getting oneshot killed by the FRG chieftain in the last room.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's a shame there isn't a "social" playlist where it's just a "fun" hopper and people can join in progress or quit whenever, quitters are really ruining this game for me.

Here's hoping the next iteration of Halo, whatever we get, has better thought out multiplayer in terms of drop in drop out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
Okay. I'll not try it that way. Lets hope we'll have the chance to fly it legit sometimes.

Btw. Leviathan posted another page of his Comic "A Fistful Of Arrows". Pls 343i releases his work as a graphic novel. It looks so amazing. Much better than the Marvel comics.

So, why does Kat have a robo arm already, but Emile doesn't have the etched helmet yet in these comics?

The "art" is nice, but the dialogue is cheesy imo.

Also, the misuse of the term "AWOL" bothers me, soft or some other "weak" term would have been better, since JUN or Jorge are in no way AWOL, or going AWOL. He's not using it correctly at all in that comic, not even as slang. Hell, he even could have said "going native."

zlatko said:
This game has the worst online multiplayer since the travesty that was Gears of War 2.

I wouldn't go that far, but it really is beginning to piss me off, but mostly because of quitters and shitty maps.

Numpt3

cjelly said:
Welcome to Halo.

Hah, in the month I've been playing Reach since it's launch I've never really had much of a problem with quitters. Maybe a few here and there but today has been something else.

Monocle

Alienshogun said:
I wouldn't go that far, but it really is beginning to piss me off, but mostly because of quitters and shitty maps.
I think my favorite part is getting booted from Rocketfight all the time because of all the idiots who can't grasp that you're not supposed to stand right where enemies land as they exit their dropships.

STAY BACK TARDS

I hope the betrayal system is going to be fixed in the next update.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is the assist challenge broken for anyone else? I've played about 10 games of matchmaking and I supposedly have one assist so far.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Monocle said:
I think my favorite part is getting booted from Rocketfight all the time because of all the idiots who can't grasp that you're not supposed to stand right where enemies land as they exit their dropships.

STAY BACK TARDS

I hope the betrayal system is going to be fixed in the next update.
Yeah, this is a problem — you'd think that since every fucking person always votes for Rocketfight, they'd know how to play it by now.

They ARE removing friendly fire from FF, though, so that'll take care of that problem.

Disguises

Nils said:
Is the assist challenge broken for anyone else? I've played about 10 games of matchmaking and I supposedly have one assist so far.
Yes. Very broken. It only awards you with the assists you get before your first death :/

Edit: Actually, yet another thing that annoys me is that there's no progress indication for gametypes anymore at the bottom right. Is it up to 75 points? 100? 150? Where'd it go? :(

Gui_PT

cuevas said:
Is the challenge broken? And do you try to get assists? That's a big problem when I hear people complain about assist challenges

It's broken, as I've said twice already. As soon as you die, the challenge is considered failed and from that point on, your other assists don't count

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
why does it tell me the assit challenge has failed after about 2 seconds on every match today? I have 1/20 assists, but can't get more

jhferry said:
Man, I was really hoping they fixed the quitting situation. Its like 50/50 people quitting in BTB and team slayer. Oh and can we get "the pit" remake?

The problem with Bungie is that they need to give people an incentive to play, not a deterrent to quit. (and they don't have jump in gametypes where people can join mid match, so that creates the problem of people leaving but not joining therefore empty space is made)

Give people a completed match bonus that actually is worth something. For every match you complete in MM you get like a 1500 cR bonus or something along that line.

MW2 was really good at dangling the carrot in front of people.

Welp... I broke the game while I was trying to speed-run Nightfall (for the Challenge) :x

RrdCt.jpg

Rendered Clip

-- Earlier on in the level I kind of tricked up into the cliffs and apparently avoided a loading zone. I then used the glitch to get yourself through the gate using the Forklift, the result was me unable to finish the level... Pretty cool though, since I got to explore (kinda).

Arnie

zlatko said:
This game has the worst online multiplayer since the travesty that was Gears of War 2.
This is the worst comment I've ever read, do not even compare Reach's launch state to Gears 2s, just do not. Reach is playable.

Foxy Fox 39 said:
The problem with Bungie is that they need to give people an incentive to play, not a deterrent to quit. (and they don't have jump in gametypes where people can join mid match, so that creates the problem of people leaving but not joining therefore empty space is made)

Give people a completed match bonus that actually is worth something. For every match you complete in MM you get like a 1500 cR bonus or something along the rewards line.

MW2 was really good at dangling the carrot in front of people.
Great point Foxy. Adding a Cr bonus for winning the match and Cr for completing objectives (grabbing/scoring flag, planting bomb, etc...) would help a lot to keep people in the match and not quitting.

I also think there should be a Cr penalty of at least 1k Cr when you quit a match, on top of the matchmaking ban. In Halo 3 if you quit you lost 1 XP point, so I don't see why people shouldn't be getting dinged some credits when they quit in Reach.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Arnie said:
This is the worst comment I've ever read, do not even compare Reach's launch state to Gears 2s, just do not. Reach is playable.
yep

at least one team isn't blatantly overpowered.

elite slayer sux though, god I'm horrible at that (not the fault of the game mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom