• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DR2K said:
It was only 12 MB. I really dunno. Maybe allow us to see the costumes or preparations for the DLC packs.

Ugh. I guess the "real" patch won't come until April when we get the DLC characters and the arcade character tweaks.

If only Mago would make it to SCR. Having imo the 3 best players currently at an event would be so god like.

Mago, Sako, Daigo, Tokido, GamerBee-O vs USA???

yes plz

I was thinking about the highly controversial SSFIV in mlg topic. Would be cool if they had an event and brought out around 6 Japanese players. Would surely win the hearts of the fighting game community and bring in the $$$$$$$. (7 dollar signs because 7 is the best number)

KS Seven X said:
I was thinking about the highly controversial SSFIV in mlg topic. Would be cool if they had an event and brought out around 6 Japanese players. Would surely win the hearts of the fighting game community and bring in the $$$$$$$. (7 dollar signs because 7 is the best number)

Maybe or maybe not. 6 Japanese Player's plane tickets would be about $1,000 X6 (depending on when they book it). Six Japanese player's hotel costs, we'll say $100+ X3. Six Japanese player's food costs, we'll say $360 X how many days they're here.

Also, the location of the tournament would be crucial. As it would segregate some of the usual suspects who attend these type of events.

On paper, it sounds awesome, especially for the stream monsters and maybe the high-level players but not so much for the pot monsters. And how much money would the event have for the pot?

That's why some of these events need to get more sponsorship (and I'm not talking joysticks).

Spiderjericho said:
Maybe or maybe not. 6 Japanese Player's plane tickets would be about $1,000 X6 (depending on when they book it). Six Japanese player's hotel costs, we'll say $100+ X3. Six Japanese player's food costs, we'll say $360 X how many days they're here.

Also, the location of the tournament would be crucial. As it would segregate some of the usual suspects who attend these type of events.

On paper, it sounds awesome, especially for the stream monsters and maybe the high-level players but not so much for the pot monsters. And how much money would the event have for the pot?

That's why some of these events need to get more sponsorship (and I'm not talking joysticks).

Depends on the size of the turn out or how big the game is. SSFIV is able to get as many people at an event as Halo 3 does. Halo 3 has $100,000 for first place at their national champs. I think it's around $250,000 prize pot for top 8. Of course, the prize money is split for 4 people.

With SSFIV, I'm sure the money would be good for top 8 since the following is much much bigger than Tekken is. I think Tekken has a 80-100 ppl turn out. SSFIV has a lot more people competing and viewing. Not only that, but the SSFIV scene has a known list of players known across the whole fighting game genre. I would go as far as to say, SSFIV players have more fame than any other competitive gaming scene.

Got this from SRK. http://shoryuken.com/f315/arcade-super-street-fighter-4-**new-info-only-thread**-244800/index4.html

Ryu:
- Far version s.MP is now special cancel-able
- Near version s.MK's damage increased
- Near version s.HK now has more frame advantage. They mentioned it's possible to link s.HK -> SRK
- Less active frames on c.MK
- F+HP damage decreased
- Jump arc changed on his diagonal jump tatsu. They say it's harder to run away with the tatsu, but also says that its cross-up will be more ambiguous when jumping in
- Did something about EX air tatsu whiffing the last few kicks on hit

Boxer:
- Near version s.MP's damage is slightly decreased. It now forces stand, and is special cancel-able
- Far version s.LP whiffs on all crouchers
- Buffalo Head now has more ground recovery frames + damage is decreased
- U2 motion changed from 720P to HCBx2

C. Viper:
- U2's hitbox buffed

Cammy:
- Near and Far version s.LP, c.LP, Near s.MP, c.MP, Near s.HP's recovery decreased (resulting in more frame advantage)
- Far version s.HP somewhat cancel-able? (They explain that c.LP -> c.LP -> Far s.HP -> HK spiral arrow combo is possible) <- I need someone who has more knowledge in Japanese
- Cannon Spike will now retract less on hit/block, so it's easier to punish.
- Cannon Strike now has height restriction (cannot do it too low) except for EX version

Guy:
- c.LK's damage decreased, and its start-up is 3f now
- Far version s.MK has faster start-up and less recovery
- Far version s.MP's hitbox is buffed a bit
- F+MP overhead now does 2 hits, and is even on hit
- His EX run follow-up timing is now same with his non-EX versions. Also, his EX run -> slide has projectile invincibility, while his EX run -> stop has Armor (<- Not sure what they meant on "EX run follow-up timing" stuff)
- Super Combo damage increased, and fixed some issues of it whiffing on some characters if done after a combo

Next post will be changes to Ken, Claw, Rufus, Fei Long, and Juri.

Leunam

Ryu:
- Near version s.MK's damage increased
- Near version s.HK now has more frame advantage. They mentioned it's possible to link s.HK -> SRK
- F+HP damage decreased
- Jump arc changed on his diagonal jump tatsu. They say it's harder to run away with the tatsu, but also says that its cross-up will be more ambiguous when jumping in

Boxer:
- Near version s.MP's damage is slightly decreased. It now forces stand, and is special cancel-able
- U2 motion changed from 720P to HCBx2

C. Viper:
- U2's hitbox buffed

Cammy:
- Near and Far version s.LP, c.LP, Near s.MP, c.MP, Near s.HP's recovery decreased (resulting in more frame advantage)
- Far version s.HP somewhat cancel-able? (They explain that c.LP -> c.LP -> Far s.HP -> HK spiral arrow combo is possible) <- I need someone who has more knowledge in Japanese
- Cannon Strike now has height restriction (cannot do it too low) except for EX version

Guy:
- c.LK's damage decreased, and its start-up is 3f now
- Far version s.MK has faster start-up and less recovery
- F+MP overhead now does 2 hits, and is even on hit
- His EX run follow-up timing is now same with his non-EX versions. Also, his EX run -> slide has projectile invincibility, while his EX run -> stop has Armor (<- Not sure what they meant on "EX run follow-up timing" stuff)
- Super Combo damage increased, and fixed some issues of it whiffing on some characters if done after a combo

via srk

you bastard

ran that blog post through googles translator,i'm guessing a better frame advantage would be nice for viper.

EDIT: meh at U2 change, it's straight garbage anyway.

KS Seven X said:
Halo 3 has $100,000 for first place at their national champs. I think it's around $250,000 prize pot for top 8. Of course, the prize money is split for 4 people.

Wow!! I don't follow first person shooters but that and computer RTS games seem to get way more prize money. Is the turn out massive or is it something else?

Last Evo was like the biggest pot ever in America. And I think the turn out was about 2,000.

edit:failed in refreshing

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The canon strike nerf won't be too bad unless you can only do it at the apex of her jump like it was in the loketests.

If that's the way it is, then loooool. Guess she has 2 useless specials now. Except the ex version of strike, I guess.

Either way, she's definitely nerfed, but it's not gonna send her to low tier or anything.

And lol at her dp being easier to punish, like it wasn't easy enough already. I'm almost afraid to go to the Cammy boards on srk right now.

vissione

Banned
Yeah if you whiff her dp you always eat a huge combo why the nerf I have no idea. If the CS can only be done at the apex of the jump they might as well make it a real crossup.

SmokeMaxX

I await all my main characters nerfs, I mean changes.

Bison:
Reduce is abysmal damage further
Make U2 a charge motion and keep it the same speed
Nerf footsies even more

Blanka:
Make his Ultra-punishable Blanka Ball even more punishable.
Add more recovery to hop
Reduce damage on Ultras

For everyone who complains about Blanka, I hope you have to fight 10 Hondas in a row. Eat an Ex-Headbutt and then complain about people doing "unpunishable blanka balls."

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
Don't get your hopes up. I kinda doubt they're gonna fuck with her too much.
I don't want too much, but there are some small things that they could do which would really help us all out. I understand that my lack of getting too much better is a result of a lack of work. I probably am not going to really put the time in either, as I have other things to bother with. Whatevs.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
The canon strike nerf won't be too bad unless you can only do it at the apex of her jump like it was in the loketests.

If that's the way it is, then loooool. Guess she has 2 useless specials now. Except the ex version of strike, I guess.

Either way, she's definitely nerfed, but it's not gonna send her to low tier or anything.

And lol at her dp being easier to punish, like it wasn't easy enough already. I'm almost afraid to go to the Cammy boards on srk right now.

she didn't need a nerf period...tkcs was fine IMO but people are saying you just can't TKCS anymore...but you can instant jump CS from slightly higher up...if that's the case then i'm ok with it especially since s.mp->c.fp will no longer be a 1 frame link(thank you jesus)

Threi

notag
vissione said:
Yeah if you whiff her dp you always eat a huge combo why the nerf I have no idea. If the CS can only be done at the apex of the jump they might as well make it a real crossup.
charge chars don't get jack shit off a blocked CS, unless they have super/ultra stocked.

Just my random thoughts on Ryu changes

That's kind of cool, now we can do jabs, to st. Strong and end it with a tatsu or fireball.

- Close version s.MK's damage increased
I never use this, but I may now. Linking st. MK from a F+HP is easier than cr. HP

- Close version s.HK now has more frame advantage. They mentioned it's possible to link s.HK -> SRK
Now what I'd like to know is that can you cancel after the 2nd hit or only the first like Sagat's? That would be very nice if you could do SRK after it because close st. HK gives you a plenty of time to confirm the hit

I don't see why this was necessary, but so be it

- F+HP damage decreased
I also don't see the reason for this change, I guess damage will be down to 110. Hopefully stun will go up to balance out the change.

We all knew this was coming. It sucks but so be it, Akuma/Ryu players will just have to adjust

Nice I guess, but pretty useless as nobody ever attempts this anyways

It's hard to say right now, but if the buffs are what I hope they are, they could outweigh the nerfs and help Ryu more than it hurts him. But I'm just a scrub, I'd love to see what the top Ryu players have to say when they can get some hands on experience with the changes.

_Xenon_

Banned
"Ryu:
- F+HP damage decreased

"Boxer:

Cammy:
There is a god and he listens !!! Now focus on Adon nerf please.

Guy:
Guy being Top 10 in AE confirmed.

Next post will be changes to Ken, Claw, Rufus, Fei Long, and Juri."
Can't fucking wait!!

the standing strong buff for boxer is really good because now he can jump in with roundhouse on someone crouching and do standing strong which will make them auto stand and combo it into ex dashing upper into whatever they want

hitsugi

Glad they fixed some of Guys issues.. Wonder how many people stuck with him as a main from the start.. Besides Kiryu. Figures cammy would get worked right when I decide to go with her for kicks in the team tournament.

SmokeMaxX

Threi said:
charge chars don't get jack shit off a blocked CS, unless they have super/ultra stocked.
My favorite is when you FORCE a CS whiff and it sails over your head so you lose horizontal charge. "Ultra punish!? just kidding, here's a 200 damage bread and butter"

Oh and I just realized there is no mention of Joudan for Ryu. Damn it Capcom, why can't we have that move? It would be a nice addition and not something that would hurt the balance of the game at all.

Rice-Eater said:
Oh and I just realized there is no mention of Joudan for Ryu. Damn it Capcom, why can't we have that move? It would be a nice addition and not something that would hurt the balance of the game at all.

Other than completely changing a character's playstyle, sure. Let's let Ryu get a 300 damage wall bounce combo bnb and knock the opponent to the other side of the screen in the street fighter 4 engine.

Rice-Eater said:

just play sf x tekken

also damn you flash metroid for making me like chun li again.

entremet

DryEyeRelief said:
just play sf x tekken

also damn you flash metroid for making me like chun li again.
He's playing with Chun now?

God's Beard said:
Other than completely changing a character's playstyle, sure. Let's let Ryu get a 300 damage wall bounce combo bnb and knock the opponent to the other side of the screen in the street fighter 4 engine.

Just nerf the EX version and remove the wall bounce properties. I didn't care for the joudan in 3s. Way too many start up frames.

God's Beard said:

300? I don't see that happening, at least not with my idea for it. What I'd like to see is for Ryu's Joudan to do the same damage as Ryu's Tatsu's depending on which kick you us. But EX will only do 100 damage, but will allow you to juggle with normals. So it gives him some more mix up opportunities, but the damage he gets from it wouldn't increase by much compared to just using something like EX tatsu.

And changing his play style is exactly what I'm looking for with this addition, but again I don't see how this would ruin balance in anyway. Anyways I'm kind of disappointed because we know Ryu from the SF4 engine can do the move(SF x Tekken), so I was hoping he would in a future SSF4 update, but I guess that's not the case.

Axis

Rice-Eater said:
300? I don't see that happening, at least not with my idea for it. What I'd like to see is for Ryu's Joudan to do the same damage as Ryu's Tatsu's depending on which kick you us. But EX will only do 100 damage, but will allow you to juggle with normals.
So it gives him some more mix up opportunities, but the damage he gets from it wouldn't increase by much compared to just using something like EX tatsu. And changing his play style is exactly what I'm looking for with this addition.

cuz he needs more options, obviously

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
Just my random thoughts on Ryu changes

That's kind of cool, now we can do jabs, to st. Strong and end it with a tatsu or fireball.

still useless though, s.MP has same startup as c.MK and whiffs on some crouchers is also -1 on block where as c.MK is even. Quite a useless change.

_Xenon_ said:
Guy being Top 10 in AE confirmed.

:lol Yah, sure.

Is it novice of me to think ryu already has enough options as is? I being completely serious when I ask this, because although I suck, watching good ryu players has left me with the impression that he has quite a number of them.

SmokeMaxX

Solune said:
still useless though, s.MP has same startup as c.MK and whiffs on some crouchers is also -1 on block where as c.MK is even. Quite a useless change.
Uhh... Cr. MK active frames decreased making it worse... St. MP is now CANCELABLE making it safe on block since you cancel it into fireball.

Solune

Threi said:
drastic changes in character rankings are possible with small changes; look what happened to guile for example.

While I don't disagree with you, I highly doubt Guy would be in Top 10. But let's save that for when the other changes to other chars are detailed.

SmokeMaxX said:
Uhh... Cr. MK active frames decreased making it worse... St. MP is now CANCELABLE making it safe on block since you cancel it into fireball.

Look, Cr.MK is active for 5 frames right now, St.mp is active for 4. Depending on how many frames they shaved off of Cr.mk then st.mp might be viable. As i've said though st.mp whiffs on certain crouchers and has a worse hitbox. You might want to use your brain alittle bit, might help you win a few games in SF in the future. Just saying.

Axis said:
cuz he needs more options, obviously

Why not? I say make all characters stronger instead of just nerfing everybody

Solune said:

The point is to use it against standing opponents. You know all those times Ryu players would do cr. LP, cr. LP, st. LP, cr. HK? Now we can end it with st. MP, Tatsu or something like that. There is a bit of extra damage involved and well, at least it's something different looking combo to use against people and make them think "what, I didn't know that was possible?".

Axis

Rice-Eater said:
Why not? I say make all characters stronger instead of just nerfing everybody

i'm not going to disagree...but that's not what they're doing...buff everyone up to the level of the chars they think are higher than the rest...but they'd rather just nerf them

i'm over the cammy TKCS nerf...i'm 100% fine with it as long as you can still do it fairly low...easier links with her normals and the damage buff = me being happy as fuck

SmokeMaxX

Solune said:
Look, Cr.MK is active for 5 frames right now, St.mp is active for 4. Depending on how many frames they shaved off of Cr.mk then st.mp might be viable. As i've said though st.mp whiffs on certain crouchers and has a worse hitbox. You might want to use your brain alittle bit, might help you win a few games in SF in the future. Just saying.

Lol... You're calling me an idiot? Cr. MK is active for ONE MORE FRAME than St. mp right now.
Let me quote the changelog for you "- Less active frames on c.MK"
But let's assume the translation was rough and they shave off just one frame from c. MK.
Cr. mk is still WORSE than it was ORIGINALLY which is what I said. In addition, that means st. mp is active for at least as long as cr. mk is. Which makes it very handy. You say st. mp whiffs on certain crouchers? What about the ones it actually works on? Sometimes the best tools in a matchup aren't ones that are useful in other matchups. Anyone who used their brain a little would know that. Guess I shouldn't expect too much from you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom