• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls 2 or Bloodborne 2, which would you want more and why?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bloodborne of course, we already had Demons 2 (and Demons 3, and Demons 4), its called Dark Souls.

BigEmil

Bloodborne 2 it is time
bloodborne_ii___dream_infirmary_by_calsantiago-daxp2w7.jpg

http://calsantiago.deviantart.com/art/Bloodborne-II-Dream-Infirmary-661259239
https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne...ece_of_artwork_for_an_idea_of?sort=confidence

J-Skee

It's not even close, I want a sequel for Bloodborne. It's in my personal top ten list. I really hope it's being worked on.

kewlmyc

Bloodborne 2 since Demon Souls already has a spiritual sequel with Dark Souls. If I want combat and atmosphere just like Bloodborne, all I have is Bloodborne

Adryuu

Don't even have to think, Bloodborne. Not only is Demon's very similar to Dark, I found Dark's world more interesting. Also Bloodborne has the better gameplay even if streamlined, a sequel could always expand on classes and such. Also Bloodborne's lore is top notch.

It's a shame we could get no more medieval dark fantasy from them but they'll probably keep doing dark fantasy games, medieval or not.

And in fact, I don't think we're getting any of both but other thing instead.

butman

Two of the best worlds of the Souls games. But I'll go with Blooborne. The gameplay is the best in the series.

geflo

Neo Member
I absolutely love both games, but I would have to go with Bloodborne since I am more intrigued on how From Software would build up that world.

However if both games are the works, I will sell a kidney to get them both at launch.

Requoting the interview.
Welp, it's pretty clear now.
Better enjoy the Souls games we have, it's all we're gonna get.
They're currently working on a new IP that's a dark Fantasy ARPG project which will undoubtedly be similar to the souls games, but its a far enough departure from said games to not be considered one of them. So those interested in a new IP have that to look forward to.

Jombie

I'm so burned out on the series that I wouldn't be interested in either at this point. They need to give it a substantial rest.

I can, and others can want new IPs while also wanting sequels to great games. The point is there are a lot of games that probably need a break and 2 games like Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are amazing worlds that could easily be explored further.

But bloodborne happened in a small town and everything pretty much ended unless we move to Cainhurst and look for the corrupted blood

Demon Souls would be more appropiate since the ending is both ending can be used to fight about the old one control

TheRatedD

Bloodborne 2. BB is the only Souls game I've been able to get into, and I absolutely love it, so more of that would definitely be nice.

gogosox82

And I really wish people would realize a post on a forum doesn't mean anything will happen or change the course of dev plans. Im sure from isn't sitting there with some new IP game they're wanting to make and then catch a thread and go "ohhh guys, scrap it all... This thread called demon's souls 2 so our new idea is going in the can". Come on.

I can, and others can want new IPs while also wanting sequels to great games. The point is there are a lot of games that probably need a break and 2 games like Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are amazing worlds that could easily be explored further.

There have TONS of posts about BB2 on this board and basically any gaming board that talks about the souls games so its not just about "one post". I want great games as well but the way to get great games isn't to retread games like Demons or BB. Those games are great on their own and don't need follow ups as they were self contained.

The Dude

There have TONS of posts about BB2 on this board and basically any gaming board that talks about the souls games so its not just about "one post". I want great games as well but the way to get great games isn't to retread games like Demons or BB. Those games are great on their own and don't need follow ups as they were self contained.

Well, that's just like you're opinion man

Neither. I would like them to tackle a different setting. Perhaps Sci-Fi or a using a different mythology for inspiration for the bosses. Some examples could be Norse, Greek, Indian, Aztek, Egyptian, etc.

Neither. I would like them to tackle a different setting. Perhaps Sci-Fi or a using a different mythology for inspiration for the bosses. Some examples could be Norse, Greek, Indian, Aztek, Egyptian, etc.
Dark Souls is already fairly norse inspired, its just not overly overt

If forced to choose I would say Bloodborne because the faster game play and the story elements. But I also echo the calls for a game in this genre with a sci-fi setting.

There are many interesting takes on medieval fantasy in gaming. Very few games have unique takes on cosmic horror that don't retread the ideas/settings/creatures of Lovecraft and his friends/successors. And almost none of those have any kind of sizable budget or production quality to speak of in the way From's games do.

Given that I'd definitely like to see them do more with Bloodborne, but if there's no interest at From Software there's not much point in forcing it. I do hope that at some point in the future they revisit it though, until then I look forward to seeing what new ideas they come up with.

I don't own a PS4 and thus haven't even played Bloodborne, but Bloodborne 2. By and large, Souls is Souls. And I LOVE the games, but I've had four of them now. I think they'd be better served revisiting the themes and look less travelled.

Also, an inordinate amount of my Demon's Souls nostalgia is wrapped up in a single piece of music, which feels like an unreasonable justification to make a whole new one of those.

Dark Souls is already fairly nprse inspired, its just not overly overt

What, besides Yggdrasil, if I may ask?

I don't own a PS4 and thus haven't even played Bloodborne, but Bloodborne 2. By and large, Souls is Souls. And I LOVE the games, but I've had four of them now. I think they'd be better served revisiting the themes and look less travelled.

Also, an inordinate amount of my Demon's Souls nostalgia is wrapped up in a single piece of music, which feels like an unreasonable justification to make a whole new one of those.

What, besides Yggdrasil, if I may ask?
Sif=Fenrir
The dragons
There's more but I can't pull it off the top of my head Since it's been a while. Its more subtle stuff but its there.

Raven117

After DS3 I think Miyazaki is checked out of Souls type games, and if his heart isn't in it I don't want anymore Souls games.

This. DS3 felt like a mail in to me. (of course, I was a bit fatigued with the whole "Souls" thing anyway).

I just want Miyazaki do do what he wants. Just go nuts...I'll buy whatever he FromSoftware make day one.

Top Bottom