• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think about a potential Dark Souls 1 remake?

Yay or nay?

• No, the original is already a timeless masterpiece, even with its minor blemishes.

• Yes, there are lots of ways to improve on the game.

• Yes, but only if From Software / Miyazaki themselves are doing it. No external studios!

• They should fix DS2 instead.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fools idol

Banned
I personally believe that the magic of dark souls 1 will never be recreated again in gaming, even by Fromsoftware themselves.

The timing of it's release, the profound effect it hand on the industry at that particular time, the quality of it against it's peers of the time as well. Very very hard to recapture that feeling and nostalgia, all a remake can do is make graphics better in this regard.

I stumbled upon this old chestnut from the OST and it transported me back to the first playthrough of this game. I don't think I had been or have been since engrossed with anything so much. I literally did nothing but play it, eat sleep and shit for a solid week or so, the outside world didn't exist. Once I finished my 3rd or so run and had my platinum trophy I remember feeling like I would never again get that again and still haven't. I dont know why it was so profound for me, it's not even the best in the series, but something about that game at that particular time, it was just incredible.

Last edited:

Fbh

No thx, make new games instead
Dark Souls still and looks and plays perfectly fine and is easily accessible on all modern platforms at decent framerates and resolution (well except Switch which is 30fps)

Last edited:
Top Bottom