• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 Games. 1 Year. 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusionary

Master post

Another month past us and I've kept par this time, with 4 games completed this month taking my total to 31:

header.jpg

28. SUPERHOT (Steam) - 2 June 2017
All main levels completed; all challenges completed except for NoRestart and SpeedrunRT (and FunFunFun).

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years. If you've played it, you'll know what I mean.

header.jpg

29. NieR: Automata (PS4) - 19 June 2017
Platinum trophy (legitimately, without any use of the trophy shop); 100% completion except for fishing intel. Platinum's 'character action' games don't tend to be my thing, but after giving the demo a go and having great fun and given the glowing impressions from many here on GAF I was persuaded to pick this up - and I'm very glad that I did! The combat mechanics aren't overly deep, but that's probably a good thing for my ability to get through the game, and there's enough that the game remains satisfying to play. The world that's been crafted here is very unusual, to say the least, and all the more intriguing as a result - a must for a game that styles itself as an RPG in large part. Perhaps the game's greatest asset, though, is its stunning soundtrack; in particular, the rendition of Weight of the World in the final credits will stay with me for a good long while!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmmrKK2GD6g

header.jpg

30. RiME (PS4) - 25 June 2017
Platinum trophy. Well, this turned out very nicely - RiME really is a beautiful game. Nothing too taxing, but the light puzzles are still satisfying to solve, the environments are enjoyable to explore and there's quite an affecting payoff that comes with the game's ending. There are a couple of areas that could use slightly better signposting over where you need to go, but all in all, my time with RiME was a very well-spent few hours.

header.jpg

31. CrossCells (Steam) - 27 June 2017
50/50 puzzles solves; 100% of achievements. Not as superb as the HexCells trilogy, but this is another solid puzzle game from Matthew Brown. The game is somewhat more reliant on maths/mental arithmetic that I typically like in puzzle games, which is worth bearing in mind if you're considering a purchase. However, after this feeling peaking around halfway through the puzzles, I found this then gradually to become less of an issue as I become more adept at spotting the key patterns that allow progress to be made, without as much trial-and-error of potential scenarios.

Azriell

Complete List

Ramble Planet
Platform: Android
Time: 04:07
Date: 06.24
Score: (3/5)

Ramble Planet is half old school JRPG, half scavenger hunt with an extremely retro, simple art style. You are tasked with repairing your crashed ship and escaping this alien planet. In order to do this, you must search for 100+ ship parts while also hunting down enemies spread around the world. To be more specific, you must hunt down enemies in the correct order, as level 2 enemies can only be defeated after enough level 1 enemies have been found to level you up to level 2. It's a pretty cool little system, and I enjoyed it for what it was. The game is pretty rough, though, and I doubt it's something I would recommend to most.

Azriell

Complete List

Mr. Shifty
Platform: Switch
Time: 05:00
Date: 06.24
Score: (4/5)

I liked Mr. Shifty quite a lot, which was a surprise because I heard a lot of negative things about it ahead of time. I had specifically heard that the game did not make you feel like a badass, but like something fragile, and I had the exact opposite experience. I thought it was incredibly fun to teleport around and punch guys before they ever knew what was happening, and then blink away before they could respond. The end of the game is pretty rough though, and I suffered two crashes during my time with Mr. Shifty.

Azriell

Complete List

Machinarium
Platform: PS4
Time: 06:00
Date: 07.01
Score: (4/5)

Really cool PnCA game with a great minimalistic story. I love the hand-drawn artstyle and the characters. The puzzles are mostly really good, though hard, and there's no dumb puzzle bullshit that I can think of. Perhaps one of the coolest features is that the game offers a hint for each screen, and then if you really get stuck you can play a slightly tedious minigame to unlock a guide for that particular screen. It might not sound like a feature any real PnC fan would want to use, but I ended up needing a little help once or twice, and it was nice to not have to go outside of the game for help.

Original post

qqoeCrol.png

21. Hexcells Plus (PC, 2014) - 8:50
100% completion.

UPDATE: I'm a big fat idiot. Most of this write-up talks about how frustrating two-hex radius cells are and how I really wish there was an overlay in the game that showed you the radius without having to constantly count cells. It turns out Hexcells Plus ALREADY HAS THIS, and I never realized it. I'm leaving the write-up as-is because I did still find the game super frustrating, but know that it was entirely my fault and you should consider Hexcells Plus quite a good game regardless on my stupidity.

The original Hexcells was a nice bite-size puzzle game that built upon the foundations of games like Minesweeper to provide something more complex but still entertaining. It could have maybe used more levels, but there's nothing bad about being small, especially for the price. The good news is that Hexcells Plus is substantially longer, despite having the same number of puzzles. The bad news has to do with why the game is substantially longer despite having the same number of puzzles.

Hexcells the first introduced a few twists on the Minesweeper concept: row markers indicating how many cells should be marked along a line, adjacency notation to show whether cells should be marked all in a row or not, and so on. Hexcells Plus introduces a new mechanic that in theory expands the puzzle possibilities: marked cells with numbers in them tell you how many cells within a two-hex radius are also marked. The problem is that this change, along with the higher complexity in puzzles and the addition of "?" cells that don't tell you how many cells around it should be marked, means Hexcells Plus feels less about solving puzzles and more about pretending to be a human spreadsheet.

This sounds like a cool addition, and at the beginning, it is. But the key is that the board layout will not always show you a full 18 cells around a marked cell; often there are gaps. Part of the reason puzzles take so much longer in Hexcells Plus is because the gaps make it incredibly difficult to visualize what a two-hex radius looks like, short of using your mouse cursor to trace the empty cells. That, combined with puzzles that contain extremely long rows, mean that failure in Hexcells Plus (by which I mean making a single mistake) often happens because you missed a cell you thought wasn't in the same row, or because a cell you thought was inside the two-hex radius wasn't, or just because you forgot that you're not supposed to count the center marked cell when counting how many marked cells are around it. And with puzzles taking half an hour or longer to complete, failure comes with a heavy price.

I wish someone had told me earlier that making a single mistake on the harder puzzles does not mean you can't get perfect, because I restarted a fair number of puzzles in levels 4 and 5. Reader, I cheated; before restarting a puzzle I screwed up, I would take a screenshot of it just so I wouldn't have to replay a round I'd already spent half an hour on. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, too.

Minesweeper has some quality-of-life features that help mitigate the mechanical difficulty, like being able to click the left and right mouse buttons to automatically clear any surrounding cells that have no mines. Hexcells Plus desperately needs a way to toggle an overlay of what the two-hex radius around your mouse cursor is, and ideally a way to clear all cells in that radius once you've marked all the cells properly inside it. This would help shift Hexcell Plus's difficulty back to requiring math and logic, rather than the puzzle equivalent of proofreading.

I'm a little wary of jumping into Hexcells Infinite now, because Hexcells Plus is a significantly worse game than the original. It's not bad, of course; I still found myself starting the game randomly to try and get a puzzle in before bedtime. But the frustration quotient here was a lot higher, and not because I couldn't figure out the logic of some puzzles.

gogosox82

Main post

p9tv2lz.jpg

4. Far Cry 4
Ubisoft
PS4
20 hours
7/10

Far Cry 4 is kind of a strange game in a lot of ways. The story is kind of a mess. It tries to set up these choices but they also don't really matter in the end because it always will end the same. Its just a matter of who you want have rule the country. I think they should've given us the option of letting you become king of Kyrat. All these people in the game are assholes making the choices mean fuck all anyway and the country is fucked, so why not let the son of Mohan Ghale take over?

Gameplay wise, its basically Far Cry 3 tho it was pretty fun running around with a launcher as a sidearm. Really feel like something has to change with the formula. Its gets stale and repetitive after a while. Hopefully Far Cry 5 takes some of this stuff out because honestly most of the stuff you do in the game is busy work put it to pad out the game. Just give me my 4 weapon slots early so I can be only my way instead of running around looking for bears to kill.

madjoki

Part 5

#34 - Livelock
header.jpg

Fairly Good. Though it lacks difficulty, since you can die unlimited times.

#35 - Seraph
header.jpg

#36 - Watch Dogs 2 - No Compromise
header.jpg

#37 - Bayonetta
header.jpg

Bit too much QTEs, but still overall good game.

#38 - Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun
header.jpg

Awsome Commandos like game.

#39 - Fallout 4
header.jpg

#40 - Vanquish
header.jpg

Enjoyed it very much. Played very good on keyboard & mouse too, which is rare for Japanese games (Binary Domain, I'm looking at you..)

#41 - Mirrors Edge Catalyst

Played with Origin Access trial and enjoyed my time with it. Story wasn't anything special, but game play was solid.

OP

I haven't beaten as many games as I was hoping to in the end of May and most of June, but still think I've gotten a good chunk into a few games I could get done soon, hopefully. I have not updated in a bit, so I figured I would do that here.

Game 24: Lego City Undercover (Wii U/NSW/PC/PS4/XB1) - 15 Hrs 10 Mins (5/5/2017)

#Nice enjoyable LEGO game. Pretty fun, funny and entertaining. Best LEGO game I've played and glad I replayed it via the Switch version. Load times were slightly better, but still a bit of a pain though. Otherwise, still a very great game.

Game 25: Klonoa (Wii) - 6 Hrs 51 Mins (6/20/2017)

#Got this when I could at a GameStop for free (thanks to trading in Super Bomberman R). Really great platformer that I'm glad I finally got to. Made me want to play more of the series and I'll probably get to them eventually.

Game 26: ARMS (NSW) - About 10 Hrs (6/22/2017)

#Enjoyed what I've played so far and will definitely play some more of it over the year or so. It's been a great game to play and I could see myself trying to unlock all the ARMS for different characters and experimenting with them.

Game 27: MLB The Show 17 (PS4) - About 50 Hrs (6/22/2017)

#First time playing an MLB The Show and I enjoyed what I played. Don't know if I'll get it yearly, but I play the heck out of this version. One of the few sports games I've enjoyed that isn't very arcade-y.

Tizoc

Fx52PKp.jpg

The older digital Picross games didn't have the further options that the later games did. For one thing, if playing on Easy or Normal, the game will penalize you if you fill a square on the grid incorrectly, and correct your mistake. While I NORMally couldn't care less about getting the par time in these games, I greatly disliked that you cannot turn it off for the Easy and Normal sets.
While there was a Free mode that removed this element, it made playing through the Normal sets pretty lame.

dickroach

6 month update
8JkpOqP.jpg

(the faded ones are games I started, but haven't finished yet)

Top 3: Halo 2, Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, The Witness
Bottom 3: Sonic CD, Knack, Riptide GP Renegade

replays: Paper Mario TTYD, New Super Mario U, Steamworld Dig, Kingdom Hearts
games I'm probably not gonna finish: Persona 4 Golden, Riptide GP Renegade
i forgot to put in there: For The Frog The Bell Tolls. fun game. decent fan translation.

Main post

-------

25. Rush for Berlin - 8 hours
Decent RTS about WW2, can recommend it to Company of Heroes fans. It's not perfect because units pathfinding algorithms are broken and every mission in town environments is extremely hard because your armies love to stuck in buildings, and balance in some missions are questionable. But overall, i can't say this game is bad, i even kinda enjoyed it.

Tambini

5kB2R4a.png

#56 Pokemon Black Version ★★★★ DS - June 25th - 44 hours
I really like gen 5, its much faster than 4, the story line is pretty good and there's a lot of fun post game content to do

KY08QQ1.png

#57 Super Metroid ★★★★ SNES - July 2nd - 8 hours
Great game, excellent level design other than a few parts later on that were difficult to figure out. Controls are a little iffy in some regards but overall a game everybody should play.

NHale

Game 27 - Table Top Racing: World Tour ★★★☆☆
One of the best recreations of MicroMachines in the past years that the biggest fault is the lack of memorable tracks for a kart racer. The career mode is actually good because of the variety of the events that while no one is actually new, they don't become stale because they keep mixing events through the entire career.

Game 28 - Drawn to Death ★☆☆☆☆
Since the launch I never saw the appeal of the game and after playing it I still don't see it. There is nothing here that isn't done better in other games especially after the recent revival of arena shooters. The only thing unique is the art design which is something that I actually don't enjoy it one bit.

Game 29 - Her Majesty's SPIFFING ★★☆☆☆
A very strange point and click game that in the end made me believe that they had to cut parts of the game from the finished product. The actual game has some decent puzzles mixed with typical british humor.

Game 30 - Gem Smashers ★★☆☆☆
A very simplistic block game that actually made me have fun for a couple of hours. There is nothing unique here besides the color matching which is so simple that the even the game don't want you to fail any level. A good starting block game for young kids.

Melkaz

Update for June, I'm finally back to a steady 4 games per month pace after a major slow down in the Mar-Apr period. This was all thanks to the 50+ hour games Zelda, Persona 5 (100+!), Horizon and Nier Automata.

I wanted to work on my backlog this year but looking back at the past 29 games I actually bought 15 of them in 2017. Oops!

The following four games have been bested in the month of June:

Game 26: God of War III Remastered (PS4) ★★★★☆
I never played a GoW before so this game quite surprised me. Some parts feel a bit dated (especially the menu's) but the game play was outstanding. Not sure what to make of 4 yet..I kinda liked this fast paced balls to the walls action and it seems like 4 is more grounded.

Game 27: Nier Automata (PS4) ★★★★★
Pure bliss, easily a top 3 of the year so far on par with heavy hitters like Zelda and Horizon for me. Don't think it will topple Zelda in the end for me however due to some minor issues with this game. Great story, perfect sound track and good voice acting (<3 Yui Ishikawa).

Game 28: DOOM (PC) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;
Had a blast playing it. Not much else to say.

Game 29: Superhot (PC) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;&#9734;
Bought in the Steam sales. Still pretty expensive for the hours I got out of it. Not really my cup of tea but I can't deny that it's a very original game. I don't regret playing it of course and I can always go back to the challenges for more hours of content. Don't think I will however.

Currently playing:
Hitman 2016 (PS4)
Currently on the 5th mission. This is cruising to be another 4 star game. Quite some re-playability here so who knows when I mark it as finished.

Original post

CsZhjs1l.png

22. Hexcells Infinite (PC, 2014) - 7:41
100% completion.

UPDATE: So I had a suspicion that maybe, just maybe, I actually missed something in Hexcells Plus. Turns out the overlay I describe below ALSO EXISTS IN HEXCELLS PLUS. Somehow I totally missed this and it made the game way harder for me. I'm an idiot.

What a difference a few months make.

What you see in the screenshot above is the one thing I really wish I had in Hexcells Plus: an overlay that shows the two-hex radius for any marked cell that requires one. This one change makes the game so much less of a slog, mentally speaking, that the difference is like night and day. Hexcells Plus was frequently frustrating, feeling like you were juggling numbers shoved haphazardly into mental maps of the level you were on. Hexcells Infinite feels like it's all about what a puzzle game should be about: figuring out the logic.

The other big addition to the game, one I haven't really delved into yet, is a random level generator that theoretically guarantees an infinite amount of content, should you so choose to drink from the firehose. I'm not sure I will, but it's a fine way to send off the trilogy.

Other than that, it's basically the Hexcells you know and (usually) love. No new mechanics here (though some nifty turns of logic that I don't really remember seeing in Plus).

Dyna

My main post.

SRYQHOO.png

19 | Detention | PC
~3 hours | Completed June 29th

A neat little 2D horror adventure game inspired by the Silent Hill and Siren series. It's set in a school in 1960s Taiwan and something terrible has taken place there. The story is quite symbolic and cryptic and it's presented very well. The game has a creepy atmosphere and it's way more psychological horror than in-your-face jump scares etc. Sadly the puzzles are very simple and easy to figure out and there aren't that many collectibles or anything so the game is quite short. All in all, an interesting little horror game.

cZdo01D.png

20 | Thumper | PC
11.5 hours | Completed June 30th

I can totally see why the developers described this as a "rhythm violence" game, it's exactly that and I love it. Great game with hectic and intense gameplay, it's like Audiosurf on crack. Some of the later levels were crazy difficult, I only managed to S rank the first four when I replayed them and that took me a while too. Even though I really liked the piercing sound effects, I thought the soundtrack itself was a bit lackluster. My biggest gripe with the game is that the gameplay can get so fast and brutal at times that it's hard to follow what's happening on the screen. Once you get used to the madness that is Thumper it gets a bit easier to manage but it can still be a bit too intense sometimes. Very good game nonetheless and a must-have if you're a fan of rhythm games!

OP

---

X0g6mIA.png

Game 16 - The Shivah (PC) - 4/5 - 1 hour, 30 minutes~ *

Revisited this and wrapped up the remaining achievements. I'm a fan of all Wadjet Eye games but this one might be one of my favorites. I'm just very much a fan of the atmosphere and how grounded this is in comparison to the rest of their titles. Rabbi Stone is a great character and I wish we saw more games that deal with religion and similar themes since it feels somewhat unexplored.

Also loved the great cameo from Rosa from Wadjet Eye's other game series Blackwell.

uh1n6QK.png

Game 17 - Silent Hill: Origins (PSP) - 2/5 - 1 hour, 40 minutes *

More SH series replaying, got the bad ending. This one really hasn't held up for me at all. It was never a favorite but I did consider it one of the better post-The Room entries. Upon this replay, I'm more inclined to say it's the worst that isn't Homecoming or Book of Memories.

I'm really just not a fan of the idea of a prequel to Silent Hill still. I used to be able to enjoy the game as it is but I wonder if I've just had enough of this one. The enemies feel so aggressive in comparison to other games (they will chase you down from a distance) and it makes exploration in the town a pain, especially with Travis' low stamina. The move to a more 3D oriented control scheme happened in 4 but I didn't have problems with the camera with said controls until now. Countless times of going in one direction only for the camera to shift resulting in Travis turning to face a different way. It isn't a huge deal but it got annoying after awhile and I couldn't imagine trying to formally speedrun this with this happening.

I've always been interested in the development period of this game. While the demos that are available on youtube don't look the greatest, some of the things I've read about what was planned sound a lot better than what we actually got. Just another example of wondering what could've been, I guess.

YkmiSJD.png

Game 18 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PC) - 1.5/5 - 6 hours, 18 minutes

I went to download some stuff from the Steam sale and realized I had nearly no room on my hard drive so I hopped into this one as it was one of the bigger games I had installed.

This was pretty disappointing overall. I almost stopped when I realized the levels were recycling settings but I looked up how far I was and just suffered through the rest. For a game that tries to sell itself on you being extremely powerful and being able to wreck absolutely everything and everyone with your force powers, this game doesn't really make you feel that powerful. I get that there needs to be some level of difficulty/interaction but this game really dragged for me. This is especially damning since the game isn't a long one.

There was just a noticeable lack of polish all around. The platforming sections were an absolute mistake and felt extremely slippery. In addition to this it got incredibly annoying to be fighting enemies on ledges or cliffs only to get shot and fall off or clip through the ground near the edge anyway. Throw in loading screens after nearly each selection in the menus and it wasn't a great time. I'm not sure if any of this is exclusive to the pc port or not but it really made this drag more than it already was.

VFegH7X.png

Game 19 - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (PS4) - 3/5 - 7 hours, 10 minutes

This wasn't as good as Season 1 but I'm so glad I enjoyed this more than Season 2. I feel like my complaints with S2 still apply here (episode length, level of interaction, treatment of non-main characters, focus on Clementine, etc.) but I absolutely loved Javi as a protagonist and I think it helped me enjoy this more consistently.

Full season/character relationship spoilers:
I also played my Javi as bi with an interest in Jesus instead of having a relationship with Kate (which of course wasn't an explicit option but the flirting was there, let me live.)
which helped as well. It was kinda disappointing to feel like I was constantly being pushed towards
being in a relationship with Kate
but I'll take what I can get.

Again, I feel like I was being pushed to like/have sympathy for a character I genuinely hate and have no care for (this time being David, in the past mainly being season 2 era Kenny). It does get old but I really did enjoy being able to really rip into him multiple times and found a sad amount of entertainment in that.

I feel like I'm accepting that there's never going to be another game that hits the level of TWD S1 or TWAU from Telltale and I might be okay with that? The engine is still a dumpster fire but these games live and die on the characters and their likability for me. This game had a better cast and marginally better treatment of that cast than S2 so it is easily a step up.

Shizza

2017-Q3 (Jul, Aug, Sep):

Game 31: Tengami (WIU) - 1.5 Hrs
This was a short one, but I enjoyed it. The gameplay was far more basic than I anticipated, essentially being a point-and-click adventure, but there were a few light puzzles to help break that up. I did love the folded paper aesthetic, and the music was great (another David Wise project)!

I thought the price was a little bit much for the gameplay available, but it was more than worth it when you account for the music and artwork. In terms of a recommendation, it's a great palate cleanser after long/complex games, but not necessarily one I'd seek out to play generally.

Game 32: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) - 6 Hrs
I picked this one up for free as one of my PS+ games, but didn't really know anything about it - so another one based on GAF recommendations. After plenty of Nintendo games recently, I felt like I was neglecting my PS backlog, so after a bit of browsing my library for ideas, I decided to go with this one.

I first thoughts were that I felt like a detective uncovering a mystery. It's grasped my curiosity, and I eagerly anticipated the next gameplay session to work toward cracking the case, the whole time thinking "where is it all leading?!?!" I like the way they handled the information dissemination - the conversations of the energy balls of the people that once were, and their recordings that were left behind on the electronics.

The game is visually stunning in general. Specifically, the starry sky during past encounters; the navigation through the woods via the small points of light on the ground; the section near the end with the intense setting sunlight; and the final section which goes back to the darkness with points of light.

The use of sound was done very well - typically there was a variety of ambient noise as you moved through the town; the sound became unnerving when the game needed to build tension; there were wonderful segments of choral/chants as a release of emotion after moving through an area.

The world is teeming with life (minus the humans of course), as if the world had been totally intact just a day ago. I found the balls of light (the present day ones) to be very unsettling - and thought their sound effects married especially well with their erratic nature, furthering the mystique of the game and left me wondering if they were truly my guides or if they would turn on me at some point.

Overall the game was fantastic, and a nice departure from the previous games I played recently. It's one of those games that builds all the way to the end of the game, and then floods you with a release of emotion. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and highly recommend it!

Game 33: Freeze Me (WIU) - 20 Hrs
I remember checking out this game when it first released, and it's 3D platforming with a Mario 64 look and feel to it grabbed my interest. I picked it up during a sale, and tossed it onto my pile of games to be played someday. After finishing up some longer games at the end of last month I was in the mood for some shorter adventures (2-8 hrs range), and got down to business.

Once I started playing this one, I realized it was a bit longer than I had anticipated, but at the same time I didn't mind since the game was that good. It's a extremely good Mario 64 clone, with select differences to keep it from being a copy. The music was enjoyable, and the graphics were fitting for a Nintendo system, and there was a great use of lighthearted humor. The challenges were fun and varied, and the controls were incredibly on point.

My only gripe was all the waiting that ensues after a death - which really stacks up in a platformer type game, especially when you get into the tougher stages/challenges. A simple addition to the pause menu of "restart level" or such would have saved 30 seconds of waiting for each death - which after the 30th or 40th time of falling all the way down the stage to my to my death, clicking retry, letting the game load up the level again, go through the opening flythrough (which doesn't really let you skip it even though it says you can), going through the character spawn animation, etc - it gets rather annoying, especially when there's times you die within a few seconds of restarting.

Overall I felt this was an excellent game - and definitely worthy of the price.

Game 34: Grow Home (PS4) - 6.5 Hrs
Oh my goodness, the trend of games that far exceeds my expectations continues. This game is an absolute delight, and reminds me of my favorite parts of Breath of the Wild - namely exploring by climbing and gliding - but with the added bonus of a rocket pack!

This is another shorter game, and I'm almost already finished with it, but since I started playing it, each day I'm eagerly anticipating the end of the work day so I can go home and play some more!

Update:
Finished this one tonight, and it was such a delight. I ended up finding 98 of the 100 crystals, and spent the last hour just gliding around and enjoying the scenery and looking for those last 2 crystals (I'd love to find them and discover what the last bonus is). I appreciated how the crystals served as something to do, but also rewarded you with added/enhanced abilities, letting you decide for yourself just how much time you wanted to invest in searching them out. This is another one that I highly recommend if you like a pretty chill exploration game.

Game 35: Contra (NES) - 1 Hr
This was another game I played a bunch of times at a friend's house when I was young. Again, I never really got very far in this one, but it was a ton of fun.

I was feeling exhausted tonight, and was content watching Netflix and some Twitch streams. Anyway, I was watching a 24-hr stream session, and one of the games they played was Contra, and I was thinking...well....why the heck not...I've been meaning to play this one again for a while. So I played along while I was watching them play too - kinda reminded me of playing co-op back in the day.

I ended up making crazy fast progress, and beat the whole thing in one go. A lot of fun, and I definitely want to play this one again annually!

Game 36: Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land (Hack) - In Progress!
I've been craving another playthrough of Super Mario World for a while now, and while watching some SMW-hack twitch streams this lately, one of the streamers mentioned checking out a few non-kaizo SMW-hacks, so I gave it a go.

SMW: Return to Dinosaur Land feels like the long lost sequel to the original SMW. It's familiar without feeling repetitive, and it's difficulty is mostly on par with SMW with a few areas that are especially tricky (and I welcome the challenge). The graphics and music are essentially the same, and if you love them in SMW you'll love them here too. I would like to point out that the level composition had a high level of polish, and felt very much like it could have come from one of Nintendo's own studios.

Being not nearly as well-known as the original has been a blessing in disguise - with the availability of the internet at my fingertips it's increasingly easier to seek out a solution online when I get stuck in games, rather than exploring and testing out ideas (like I used to back in the day). So, due to the hack's niche nature, it's forced me to figure out solutions for myself when my progression gets impeded, and each solved problem has been incredibly satisfying. Overall this game was a pleasure, I'd like to add hacks (to games I enjoy) to my queue more regularly.

Game 37: Graceful Exploding Machine (NSW) - In Progress!
Graceful Exploding Machine has instantly become one of my favorite shmups. I recently started playing it on a road trip this past weekend, and the 2.5-hr ride each way was seeming over in an instant! The varied weapons and their limitations keep the gameplay fresh and exciting. The music is good and the graphics are pleasing. Going for that elusive S-rank is a mix of keeping the multipliers going while avoiding death, and it's keenly addictive! I'd highly recommend a play of this if you are a fan of shmups.

Original Post

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Master Post

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City (PS4)
FTnU7Nf.jpg

An appropriately austere end to Dark Souls as we know it.
Took my sweet time with this one, feeling compelled to soak up the lore and finish all optional content.
This series has never felt like a chore or a grind to me. I find that making progress and overcoming difficulties happens very naturally.
The Ringed City was the epitome of this feeling, and encompasses everything I love about the established game world and feel.

Velcro Fly

I have become such a beat games and move on junkie that I'm almost struggling to find the kind of game where I can just play it and play it without worrying about completion. Perhaps the new Yokai Watch I will grind out medals.

I haven't gotten through detailing the other games I've completed but I thought I would skip ahead and talk about this one since a lot of people will be getting it free with PS+ this month.

Main Post

header.jpg

Game of Thrones: a Telltale Games Series - (PS4) - 100% Trophy Completion &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;

I actually started this the day before they announced it would be free with PS+ and just finished it Sunday night. I'm glad other people will be able to check it out and I'm curious what more people think. From what I've seen, people seem to not like this one as much as some of Telltale's other series. I think it exemplifies the best and worst of the Telltale style of games.

Technically, it's a mess like usual: frequent framerate hitching, embarrassing bugs (missing text replaced by scripting code), inconsistent art style, some pretty poor animations and gameplay design that feels increasingly antiquated when compared against July's other free PS4 game (Until Dawn). Yet, despite all of that, I did really enjoy the plot and characters. Every time I finished an episode I was eager to find out where the story would go. It definitely ended up subverting my expectations and the finale leaves you with a brutal gut punch befitting the license. There was a fairly wide variation as to which characters lived or died so I'm curious how Telltale carries on the story to the next season.

The downside of the story is that it does end on a pretty serious cliffhanger and the season arc feels less complete than other Telltale series. I didn't always like the way they used the characters from the show as well. Some characters felt inconsistent with their usual portrayal. Other characters were used to aggravating effect where you didn't feel free to act against them as you wanted since you know you can't seriously affect them (plot armor).

Overall though, I did enjoy the characters and plot as mentioned previously. If I was rating it on its merits as a game alone it would probably get a much lower score, but I suppose in this type of game the story is ultimately the more defining factor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
header.jpg

Game #49 - Squarecells
Time: 7 hours

Another one in the 'Cells puzzle game series, this one most resembling actual sudoku. As usual, fantastic puzzle game, I only wish it had a bit more rules (its missing some of the classic Picross rules that make it akward to figure out sometimes). Still, if you liked the others, this will be up your alley.

Slowed down a lot because I've been doing the "these games dont actually end" thing for the last few months (Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3 and recently Secret World Legends), which I guess I'll have to include here sooner or later, its not like I'll have a exact time count on them anyway.

Main Post

Rokal

Main post

I decided to take on Witcher 3 this month since I was ahead of schedule, which proved to be as big of an undertaking as I expected and then some.

Completed

27: Witcher 3 - 64 Hours
Jh7VHqn.png

I picked this up back when it launched and put it down pretty quickly after being overwhelmed by the game. I also played dozens of hours of, but did not finish, Witcher 1 and 2. I came away from those games thinking that Geralt was an obnoxious character and that the frequent sex offers (and card collection from “conquests”, smh) from female characters in the game were extremely juvenile and off-putting. I decided to finally make an effort at playing through 3, and it ended up being the only game I played in June due to the insane length. Turning off most side-content map icons ended up being great advice from GAF, and made it much easier to slowly digest the massive scope of the game. Even after ignoring 70% of the side content that wasn’t related to the main story, this is by far the largest WRPG I’ve ever played. There are massive, massive sections of the map I barely scratched full of towns with quests and stories that, from the few I played, were actually pretty compelling. I think this is probably the best written RPG I’ve ever played, especially when it came to the quests outside the main story. Bioware and every other developer is on notice: this is how you write compelling side content. As for the negatives: ultimately while the game made Geralt more relatable and the world setting is incredibly well-realized, I’m still not a huge fan of the Witcher world’s setting, and I’m being generous by saying that the combat was serviceable.
8/10

28: Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - 14 Hours
sgH1YFU.png

I took a break for the penultimate main-game story quest to play the first DLC expansion. The main-DLC quest content was fantastic and I loved the storyline. I’m not convinced this earned the description of an “expansion” though. It didn’t really change anything about the game, seemed to take place in regions that weren’t noticeably distinct from the regular game, and it’s too similar to existing quest content in the game. It seemed like a really, really good quest chain that would have fit naturally in the game as side-content at launch, rather than an “expansion”.
7/10

I'll probably check out Blood and Wine at some point in 2017, but for now I'm looking forward variety with some different games.

Tizoc

cover_medium.jpg

Completed the main set of puzzles, but didn't do the Extra ones.

header.jpg

This was a lovely little Action Adventure game, that streamlines various gameplay elements from the original SMS game. My one major gripe with it are the controls as I would've liked a more lenient control scheme that wasn't so slippery.
While the final boss was waaaaay easier than the journey to reach him, I quite enjoyed my time with the game and recommend it to anyone who likes action adventure games.

Krooner

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India - A solid improvement over 'China', enjoyed the more colourful environments too.

Black Ops 3 - No idea what was happening or why. Fells like a step back for the series after 'Advanced Warfare'.

38. Disney Infinity - Monsters University Playset (3 hours)
Probably the most refreshing playset I've played so far, in terms of gameplay. The stealth and pranking stuff gives the game a very different flow from the Pirates and Incredibles playsets, and from a lot of other games period. There aren't many games that approach college life the way this playset does.

Full list to date.

Main post

FCmDPxo.png

17 | The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind | PC
Time: 20 hours
Score: 4/10

I really like The Elder Scrolls: Online. It is the perfect MMO to hop into once in a while, being free to play and supporting a casual playstyle. Morrowind gave me the incentive to return to the game after a hiatus of half a year. I was a bit surprised to discover I could not buy the new DLC with Crowns, ESO's premium currency. Because Zenimax considers Morrowind an expansion, everyone has to pay up 39.99$. And this price is one of the major reasons for this low review. At no point does Morrowind feel like an expansion and certainly not one worth 39.99$.

Morrowind does little to justify its steep price. Quest writing has been improved but not significantly enough. Most of them still feel factory made. There are new assets and delves look distinct from Vanilla ESO but the concept hasn't changed. Morrowind simply feels like an improved zone of Elder Scrolls Online. So the high price and the fact that you cannot pay with crowns for it have soured me a bit on the whole experience.

Falchion

Original Post

26) Guacamelee - 6 hours - 7/5
I was in the mood for a Metroidvania style game over the past couple of days so I started Guacamelee which I've had forever. It was an absolute blast and I loved the combat, style, music, and story of the game. It was such a pleasure to play through and I'm glad I finally got around to it.

Velcro Fly

Original Post

For the month of June I completed 12 games.

My progress for this game is 64/52.

1. Lego Batman 2 – Finished on June 3 – 10 hours

This is a pretty fun game ruined by some pretty awful controls. I really wanted to do a lot more of the hub world collecting stuff but decided midway through just to focus on the main story. The flying controls with Superman are horrible. The navigation around the map is terrible. I can't tell you how many times I put a marker somewhere and the purple dots to guide me just lead me in circles. I enjoyed most of the main game. It was a bit different than the 3DS version of this game that I played last year. The platforming was also glitchy as hell. Sometimes my character would get stuck in the slide animation for no reason. Also the AI is really bad. They either get stuck on things trying to platform or stand there and get punched in the face so when you switch to them they are always near death. When you need them to cover you so you can do things they rarely do. I finished the main story with 31.9% but I know if I did a free play run and focused on collectibles I could probably get much higher. I have a few other Lego games in the pipe and I'm sure one of them will tickle my fancy enough to grind for trophies!

2. Pokemon Y – Finished on June 11 – 24 hours

After Ultra Sun and Moon were announced I felt like showing Kalos some love and playing Gen VI again. Team of Greninja, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Gardevoir, Absol, and Volcarona. I hatched a Larvesta early in the game and nursed it to level 59 and then it became a beast. Absol was Super Luck with nothing but high crit ratio moves and a hold item that boosted crits so every attack of his was a crit. Kalos was fun but having to go back and use HM moves after Gen VII is rough. Kalos itself I feel bad for. I still feel like it deserved a third version to tie the story together. Playing this gen a few years ago it felt absolutely groundbreaking what they had done for the series both in terms of presentation and the mega evolutions. Now I feel the same way about Gen VII.

3. Pokemon GO – Finshed on June 12 - ??? hours

I've gone hardcore into Pokemon Go the past couple months, making more of an effort to hit stops and catch pokemon every day for streak bonuses. I'm even starting to fill in my pokedex and now that I'm off work for the Summer I have been walking every single day, sometimes multiple times per day, around my neighborhood and various other places to hit stops, hatch eggs, and just have fun. The pokewalker on the original Heart Gold game first got me walking many years ago and has lead to a lot of weight loss and a higher level of physical fitness. When this was first announced I thought it was really dumb but I'm having a lot of fun coupling Pokemon Go with a personal fitness challenge of getting as many steps on my 3DS as possible.

4. Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Episode 1 – Finished on June 17 – 1 hour, 45 minutes

For as much flack as Telltale gets these days, I really enjoyed this first episode. Like every Telltale episode 1, it starts off slow but by the end it hooks you. It helps that I care about the characters but I find the tension between some of them at least somewhat believable. The game ran fine which is not always a guarantee with a Telltale game. I like how it also doesn't try to piggy back off the movies beyond having the characters look and sort of sound like the movie versions. The story seems distinct enough for now that it isn't a straight retelling of the movie. Would definitely recommend for Telltale fans or fans of Marvel or the Guardians themselves.

5. Onimusha Warlords – Finished on June 17 – 3 hours, 30 minutes

This has become a summertime tradition for me playing these games. I always hold out hope for an HD remaster at E3 and when it doesn't happen I just replay them on my PS2 anyway. The game itself is a very fun and cool action/hack-n-slash game featuring a samurai protagonist fighting his way through hordes of demons to stop a fictionalized version of Nobunaga Oda from becoming the rule of Japan by allying with demons. The story in the first game I feel is pretty light but the motives for revenge are there and it makes some scenes and fights very cool. Killing enemies yields souls that you can absorb in your gauntlet and use to power up weapons and enhance various collectibles like healing herbs or arrow/bullets for projectiles. The combat is very fun even though the controls for the game are straight out of 2001 with d-pad movement only. Watching the credits right now I see Inafune and Shinji Mikami both worked on this game in some capacity which I probably knew once upon a time but forgot until right now. It is my summer tradition to try and get through the original trilogy of this game to keep hope alive for an HD remaster some day.

6. Pokemon Omega Ruby – Finished on June 18 – 22 hours, 20 minutes

As I continue the Gen VI retrospective, the Hoenn confirmed remake is up next. Hoenn is one of my favorite regions because of the water. The original Sapphire got me back into pokemon in high school after being bullied out of it during Gen II so these games and their remakes will always hold a special place in my heart. Team consisted of Blaziken, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Golem. The Aqua/Magma stuff I think was well done coming off of two gens of Team Rocket seeming more inept. Depending on your version the evil team actually succeeds but the power of the ancient pokemon is much more than they realize. I'm not sure the logic behind turning the entire world to water or land but this is video games. The mega storyline continues with primal reversion. I still feel bad that Kalos did not get revisited but these games serve both as remake and continuing on the story of mega evolution that began in X and Y. It was fun to finally do a playthrough with mostly Eeveelutions but I really should have used Umbreon too. It seemed like I was always short of a dark attacker throughout the entire game. With all the dumb HM moves in this region it is extremely tough to balance six pokemon and have your designated HM pokemon too. I do not miss HM moves at all going forward in Gen VII. If Hoenn has one flaw, it is Surf, Dive, and Waterfall being needed to explore everything.

7. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward – Finished on June 20 – 33 hours, 30 minutes

This was a replay again. I appreciate this game much more on a second playthrough. I sort of disliked the game a tiny bit based on my feelings of Zero Time Dilemma but this replay has made me like the game all over again. There are quite a few emotional moments that got me this time that didn't the first time. And the moments that got me the first time got me this time. For such a story based experience I won't say much about the game. I did get my platinum trophy for the Nonary Games release on Vita.

8. Digital: A Love Story – Finished on June 21 – 1 hour 40 minutes

I saw a streamer I follow play this game a long time ago and ever since I wanted to play it for myself but just never did. I downloaded it a while ago and it sat on my desktop waiting to be played until I decided to tonight. It hearkens back to the old days of your local BBS. I couldn't have been older than eight or nine years old when my family got a computer and were able to access it. I was on the younger side of the users there so it was difficult for me to make friends but my older sister was able to. They were ahead of their time having like meetups at the local roller skating rink on the weekend and cool stuff like that. I think someone even organized a kind of picnic or something for people to attend. I have quite a bit of nostalgia for stuff like this so I had to play the game for myself. You basically just log on to a BBS, read and reply to messages, and keep on going from BBS to BBS until you unravel the story about how AI programs are being hunted down. It seems silly but I did become attached to the one we are trying to help. From reading her messages you get the picture of someone whose life is just in a state of disarray and in need of someone to talk to and be friends with. It was short and a couple times I got stuck on what to do but I really enjoyed the game even though it is not typically the kind of thing I would play. I just needed something relaxing and easy to work with and for a couple hours this game was it.

9. Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny – Finished on June 23 – 7 hours, 35 minutes

This game takes what worked from the first game and expands upon it. You play as samurai Jubei Yagyu and can possibly play as four other characters that feature their own stories that intertwine with the main narrative of the game. Combat is similar but a little more refined. There are now secret techniques for each of the four main melee weapons that Jubei can use. Gone are the days of powering up the weapon and your magic separately. You just power up one thing now. Other playable characters also can absorb souls as well. There is a weird gift giving mechanic that decides who your primary best friend is. Currying favor with one will cause their rival to not like you. There are cutscenes galore for each character and getting 100% story mode progress is something I still have not done despite playing and beating this game at least five times now. Just this playthrough was the first time on this save file that I had the spearman Ekei as my primary best friend. Warlords is a great game, but Samurai's Destiny takes everything great about the original and makes it better. More weapons, better playable characters besides the primary protagonist, a deeper combat system with the secret techniques and the Oni orbs, and a deeper and better presented story.

10. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege – Finished on June 25 – 11 hours, 14 minutes

The epic conclusion of the trilogy. For this playthrough I did all demon realms to unlock the ultimate weapons for our heroes Jacques and Samanosuke. Finally you are able to use the analog stick to control your characters! This comes with a downside that your fighter auto aims and sometimes they choose to aim at a flying enemy instead of the huge beast in front of them. This is especially punishing as Jacques because he doesn't have the bow and arrow like Samanosuke. I don't mind playing as Jacques and even the third playable character is fun to use and different. We have come along way since the Kaede sections of Warlords that is for sure. The time travel aspect of the story I'm not sure I get. I think it works in the frame of a video game and you sort of not take things too seriously. Originally playing the game back in the day I guessed the ending and was basically correct in what would happen. The gameplay of this game is still really fun and you can even unlock the weapons from Warlords to use throughout the game. This playthrough I had them but did not use them until the original three weapons from this game were maxed. It helped make the final demon realm run really smooth compared to Jacques who got bullied pretty hard a few times. His lack of real reliable range and AoE magic attack really stung. This game looks better than the previous two as well. I had a few weird audio bugs where the voice acting for certain lines was so low that I couldn't hear it but otherwise great presentation as well. You can even turn the blood to green color instead of red! Overall another fun time of romping through all three games. Now we can only sit back and hope that Capcom gets off their ass and remasters these amazing games so we can all enjoy them on modern consoles! In case you couldn't tell by how much I'm gushing over these games, they are among my favorites of all time. If you haven't played them and still own a PS2, try and find these games and give them a play.

11. Guardians of the Galaxy: A Telltale Game Episode 2 – Finished on June 26 – 1 hour, 30 minutes

I enjoyed this one a little more. I do feel like many of the choices you are forced to make will please one Guardian to the displeasure of another. The choices were tough but I tried to think rationally even if it meant hurting a member of the team here or there. Definitely some more emotional moments in this episode and I expect that to be the norm going forward for the rest of the series. Everything else is on par with what you'd expect from a Telltale game. I am two episodes in and haven't had a game crash or bug yet but I did somehow disconnect and didn't get to see where my choices lined up with the choices that everyone else had made during this episode. I'm also getting used to the voice acting although I probably will never get used to how canine Rocket looks. Some of the charm of Peter Quill is gone because you are choosing most of his lines and those lines just seem a little generic to me. Still had fun playing through but there is just that tiny little bit of personality that is missing from this game. A solid 8/10 experience for sure but it could have been more.

12. Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition – Finished on June 28 – 15 hours

I decided to play this before I even knew the Necromancer was coming out so soon. I played as the Crusader and played mostly on Hard or the difficulty above that. I enjoyed roaming around and slaying demons and skeletons and reapers and all sorts of ghoulish things. Something comforting about being able to just completely liquify a horde of enemies trying to kill you. I got a few cool trophies like for picking up a certain amount of gold or killing a certain number of elites. I had a lot of fun playing but I'm not sure I'd be into playing the game in seasons mode or doing much more beyond the main story. I love action/loot games like this to just romp through the main story but grinding up good gear and equips isn't something I'm fond of really. I should have played his on hardcore mode though since I didn't die. Would have been a few more cool trophies to get. I may do a hardcore run eventually when I get that itch to play a game like this again. It felt pretty cool playing the Onimusha games and killing demons there and playing this and killing all manners of things termed as demons and then killing Diablo himself. Too bad this game only has the one expansion pack. I feel like they could have done more with the game and I would have loved it.

chrismohan

Neo Member
I have become such a beat games and move on junkie that I'm almost struggling to find the kind of game where I can just play it and play it without worrying about completion. Perhaps the new Yokai Watch I will grind out medals.

Through the course of this challenge I've started to do quite the opposite. I'm never going to hit 52 this year (too many absolutely massive games have come out this year) that I'm going to try and obtain my first ever platinum. On Fallout 4. Cause y'know that won't take long :)

Dyna

My main post.

ndjJ7K5.png

21 | Hidden Folks | PC
4.5 hours | Completed July 4th

Really nice and relaxing hidden object game with cute hand-drawn art and funny sound effects! I managed to find everything but two dudes hidden in the second to last level, they were well-hidden, haha. Wish there were more levels but oh well, still had a lot of fun with it. It also supports a lot of different languages and has three different colour palettes to choose from which is nice. I'd definitely recommend this if you're looking for something very light and chill to play!

Krooner

Two more:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia - Felt like a bit of a step back after India, some really REALLY tight platforming in a game without the controls to facilitate it. Some of the chase sequences were so annoying, the
fire on the train
in particular.
As a series fan though it was easily the most interesting of the trilogy.
Assassin's conducting their own Abstergo style experiments
and it was nice to catch up with Nikolai after 'The Fall'.

Virginia - Not sure about this. I don't mind the hands off "walking simulator" style at all, but it felt that this was just a bit too automatic. Scanning the microfiche - why automate that? I also found the filmic smash cuts a bit jarring and that they ruined the flow, particularly early on. I liked the story and Twin Peaks meets X-files vibe though. I'll go through it again I think to fill in the story blanks as I understand it;
The kid left because he caught his dad having an affair with one of his friends? And a sequence late on lets the player know everyone has a secret, even the player character. What are the red birds? The Flowers?? The military connection???
Lots of questions left to answer.

39. Disney Infinity - The Lone Ranger Playset (2 hours)
The horseback riding is fun, but the combat sucks and most of the side content is "shoot this target at this outpost and wait until the train passes it and then passes another point." Plus we have a white guy playing a white guy playing a Native American stereotype with no self-awareness, but that sorta comes with the territory, so eh...

Full list to date.

Main post

c9S6Rp3.png

18 | Paradigm | PC
Time: 6 hours
Score: 8/10

Recommended in the Steam Sales by GAF and I am glad I jumped on it at the last second. Paradigm combines sublime humour with some ridiculous (in a good way) characters and mostly easy puzzles. There were a lot of times when I simply had to laugh out loud. Game is around 6-7 hours long and doesn't outstay its welcome. Easily the best and funniest adventure game I have played in a long time.

40. Disney Infinity - Cars Playset (2 hours)
It's the most unique playset in the series, so on paper, this should be great. The actual driving mechanics aren't great, though, especially the input for boosting, and the side content is rather mediocre. Races involving weapons in particular are frustrating.

Full list to date.

Original Post

34. Wolfenstein: The New Order
11 hours
Rating: 8.5/10

header.jpg

Action-packed, stellar story, and just absolute fun. I loved this campaign almost from the get-go.

35. The Sexy Brutale
6 hours
Rating: 10/10

header.jpg

This game really came out of nowhere. I heard a bunch of recommendations for it when it released and had had my eye on it, but when I finally got into it, I was really blown away. It's basically a point-and-click, but execution and style make it so much more. Wrapped up in a fantastic story, it's one of my favorite games of the year.

36. Nioh
19 hours
Rating 7/10

ihh2Lm6.jpg

I was not expecting this to be a straight rip of Dark Souls, and it would be unfair to judge the game against that standard, but what I can say is that I did not feel as good a feeling playing this as I do playing the Souls games for a variety of reasons. I liked it well enough, but I got burned out playing it and had no will to continue. Everything just got really repetitive after a point and I feel like I've seen everything there is to see from this game.

37. Prey
16 hours
Rating: 8.5/10

header.jpg

Prey is a fantastic game with some great level design and makes for very interesting encounters. The story is a fun and twisty romp, and I really enjoyed playing through the game, even if it was really frustrating at times.

38. Hollow Knight
18 hours
Rating: 10/10

gx27LMv.jpg

Hollow Knight is such an exceptionally crafted Metroidvania game. The music is hauntingly beautiful, the game is absolutely gorgeous, and the controls and gameplay design are tight. As a huge fan of the Castlevanias in this style, this game blew me away.

Falchion

Original Post

27) Crash Bandicoot - 7 hours - 7/10
I never even played the Crash games back on PS1 but I was really excited about the N. Sane Trilogy and playing through the game for the first time this way was a treat. There was definitely some jank with the platforming and hitboxes in some parts, but overall it was a very challenging and fun experience. I'm excited to jump into the sequels because it sounds like they have some more variety and a smoother difficulty curve because there were some levels on this one that I got multiple game over screens for due to reasons that felt frustrating. Still overall a very fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom