• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Kalentan

Damn, I had to get a player to help me for both bosses of DLC1.

Not sure how but I guess I need to grind quite a lot before going to DLC2.

While it's POSSIBLE for me to kill them, I feel like my damage output is just not good enough yet for the bosses in this area.

Being level 126, whats a good place to grind?

Naite

Really wish there was more search conditions for random encounters. I don't mind playing easier difficulties, but constantly putting me in way of the samurai levels with level 250+25 gear is really annoying..

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Uh... I'm stuck in DLC 2. I can't get any more missions to show up. I cleared all the main and sub-missions on the map and there's nothing more, but I know this isn't the end; it was too anti-climatic, for one, and I don't have the DLC trophy for clearing all the missions. I do have the trophy for bathing in all the hot springs of the DLC map though so I guess I saw all the maps...

Last story mission I beat is Scion of Virtue. How do I unlock the rest? I'm so confused...

Deku Tree

Uh... I'm stuck in DLC 2. I can't get any more missions to show up. I cleared all the main and sub-missions on the map and there's nothing more, but I know this isn't the end; it was too anti-climatic, for one, and I don't have the DLC trophy for clearing all the missions. I do have the trophy for bathing in all the hot springs of the DLC map though so I guess I saw all the maps...

Last story mission I beat is Scion of Virtue. How do I unlock the rest? I'm so confused...

You have to do the dojo tonfa mission to get the trophy.

Deku Tree

It's this one in the top right hand corner.

Mine look like that too. IDK why. I think it's a bug.

Oh, I did that too.

What else is there?

Edit: I found this list https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/75612174

And I checked and I did every mission on that list (is that seriously all there is?) + the tonfa dojo mission. Weird...

Edit 2: hmm, I have Way of the Demon unlocked, maybe I need to beat it in that difficulty level?

There is a trophy for completing all the missions including the dojo on WotD if that is the trophy that you are missing.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Mine look like that too. IDK why. I think it's a bug.

There is a trophy for completing all the missions including the dojo on WotD if that is the trophy that you are missing.
No, I saw there are two trophies, but I figured, maybe the first one won't count if I don't clear it on my current highest difficulty level...? IDK

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah guess I'll try that. I honestly don't care about the trophy, I just wanted to know if there were more missions to unlock. I guess not? That's kind of underwhelming...

ZangBa

So I haven't played the game since before they started releasing DLC and I guess all my gear is outdated now. I was Soul Matching my stuff before I quit, so it's all like 150+3 or so. Am I supposed to get some easy divines that are way higher leveled now somewhere? Most loot based games with expansions are like that, that's why I ask. I'm just going through the current DLC on the lowest difficulty and it's been really easy so far, I'm like level 120 or so.

Szadek

How is the DLC for this game so far?
I stopped playing after beating the game, but I want to give it another shot with the dlc (and probably do way of the strong while I'm at it,too).

xuchu

Yeah guess I'll try that. I honestly don't care about the trophy, I just wanted to know if there were more missions to unlock. I guess not? That's kind of underwhelming...

You have to do the twilight mission for the trophy to pop. If you go to the defiant honor tab on the gameplay record screen, your mission achievement rate will be 90% and that's cos you're missing it. There's no need to do it on other difficulties.

And yes, I agree quite short and anti-climatic DLC. Feels like a stop gap before DLC 3 where we will confront Maria
and probably get her skin

----------------------

Also, I know it's rare for revenants to drop ethereal gear but does anyone have ethereal master swordsman gloves?

Soar

Hi guys, hope you don't mind a newbie asking for advice here. Nioh is my first souls/borne type game and it's really taking me on an exhilarating but ultimately frustrating journey. Admittedly I'm not really good at these sort of games, I played a lot of FPS on the PC but just getting comfortable with the controller.

Anyway you will probably laugh but I took something like 12 attempts at the first boss on the boat and only after I grinded some levels. In fact I overcame him only because I found out that you could spam the rush move with dual swords the entire fight and he won't be able to touch you. At the moment I am predictably stuck at the bat lady because fights with her ends so fast I could not even get any learning done. I read some strat about donning the paralyzing set + a spear, but some others recommended just to keep running in circles. I tried but it seems that when she does her flying attack she seems to track?

In summary, should I start farming for the anti paralyzing gear set or should i just wear the heaviest armor I can find and block her combos? The spinning move that she does is also very annoying and almost impossible to dodge.

Sorry for the rant and thanks in advance.

Deku Tree

They should have just released one big DLC in the fall with all three expansions etc. kind of like the one big Bloodborne DLC. honestly releasing these small DLC with a whole new severe Korean MMO grind of the same content for better stats on the same old loot is causing me severe burn out and making me lose any excitement that I had for DLC3.

I think I need to just stop playing and wait and see on DLC3.

Baalzebup

Hi guys, hope you don't mind a newbie asking for advice here. Nioh is my first souls/borne type game and it's really taking me on an exhilarating but ultimately frustrating journey. Admittedly I'm not really good at these sort of games, I played a lot of FPS on the PC but just getting comfortable with the controller.

Anyway you will probably laugh but I took something like 12 attempts at the first boss on the boat and only after I grinded some levels. In fact I overcame him only because I found out that you could spam the rush move with dual swords the entire fight and he won't be able to touch you. At the moment I am predictably stuck at the bat lady because fights with her ends so fast I could not even get any learning done. I read some strat about donning the paralyzing set + a spear, but some others recommended just to keep running in circles. I tried but it seems that when she does her flying attack she seems to track?

In summary, should I start farming for the anti paralyzing gear set or should i just wear the heaviest armor I can find and block her combos? The spinning move that she does is also very annoying and almost impossible to dodge.

Sorry for the rant and thanks in advance.

I'll re-post this:
Here is a very useful Hino Enma vid made by a Gaffer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=OCXa1ROvZig

That is such a brilliant video for anyone struggling with the Hino Enma boss. Keeps it simple throughout the tutorial, focuses on the boss telegraphs and not going too in depth. Great for when you're learning the game and mechanics.
The should be more than enough to jumpstart gittin' gut at Hino-Enma. Specific armor or gear recommendations tend to be kind of moot since the playerbase has such a wildly differing preferences.

Soar

I'll re-post this:

The should be more than enough to jumpstart gittin' gut at Hino-Enma. Specific armor or gear recommendations tend to be kind of moot since the playerbase has such a wildly differing preferences.

Thanks Baalzebup! Will give it a whirl.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to learn the lifeseal onmyo. In my skill tree I can't learn it so i must have already but at the shrine I can't equip it, why?

Baalzebup

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to learn the lifeseal onmyo. In my skill tree I can't learn it so i must have already but at the shrine I can't equip it, why?
... Did you learn the Devigorate talisman before it? It is a skill tree after all and you need to learn the skills in front of the ones further back in the skill "paths." After you learn the skill, you go to the "ready jutsu" option in the shrine and choose the talismans you want to prepare, limited by your ninjutsu and onmyo slot capacity (I can't remember the basic value, but I would imagine that you should have the 4 slots required for Lifeseal I). After you do so, the talismans will appear as a regain-on-rest consumable in your inventory, which you should then slot into one of your quick item slots for actual use.

No, wait. Have you completed the 'Way of the Novice' Onmyo dojo mission? Lifeseal cannot be learned before you complete it. The game has plenty of skills that are locked behind the various dojo training missions, which in turn are locked behind certain stat or proficiency point requirements.

Dex? Dex is for Ninjutsu. Only magic matters for Onmyo-jutsu. You did notice that the "ready jutsu" window has separate sections for Onmyo and Ninjutsu, right? You switch between them with L1 and R1

Yes, I'm so stupid. It was learning the skill above it 😫😫😫😫😫

IvorB

They should have just released one big DLC in the fall with all three expansions etc. kind of like the one big Bloodborne DLC. honestly releasing these small DLC with a whole new severe Korean MMO grind of the same content for better stats on the same old loot is causing me severe burn out and making me lose any excitement that I had for DLC3.

I think I need to just stop playing and wait and see on DLC3.

This is what I am waiting for to be honest. I don't support bite-sized DLC but one big expansion type thing would be great. Hopefully they will bundle them up at some point...

Izuna

Banned
So I levelled up spirit and LW is SUPER POWERFUL now. I still have 7 Body. Bruh, I didn't know that stat was actually worth it.

Alright thanks to the 1.14 farming tech I went from level 324 to 407. I think that's good enough for me. I can notice a small difference here and there but ultimately I think at that point the small stat increases are pretty meager. Gear is always more important than level.

Baalzebup

So I dunno but

Please, no more difficulties...
One more is almost guaranteed, considering the lv 320 weapons people could make in the base game before they were pached down and the use of language that mentions something like "difficulty of at least the Way of the Wise."

Naite

So I just got an ethereal version of my current armor set (japan's bravest) and I reforged it to get extend evasion invulnerability. How good is that effect?

Kalentan

Man lag really gives people advantages in PvP. Couldn't win a fight against this guy cause he was teleporting all around. Anytime I managed to down him he had that spell (or Ninjistu?) that brings he back to life. Did it 3 times in a row.

Kalentan

The more I play PvP, the biggest issue I have with it has to be the population.

Because there is so little people playing it, you get people who are super high level and geared out going against low level players who can barely dent them.

Like I'm rank C and just got paired up against a player whose rank is AA- and position 5 in the overall leaderboards.

Wish PvP wasn't the quickest way to get decent amount of Glory. :(

Almost done with the trophy list for the 2nd DLC--just have to wait for the twilight mission to respawn to finish all missions. Wasn't that hard of a list this time...although I think I'm going to keep playing WotW just in case they make the last difficulty/next DLC list crazy

Soar

Thanks Baalzebup! Will give it a whirl.

Finally got her! It was quite easy after watching that video. I think the main confusion was the term "mid-range", many guides suggested that I stay mid-range and avoid her using the paralytic blast. In fact you want her to use it all the time and dodge them from quite far away.

Managed to do it with heavy armor and dual swords, and just use needles when I slipped and got hit by the blast when she was in the air.

Love the feeling and onwards!

I need help.

I'm on the ocean roars again or something like that. Near the end I think. I dropped down from an upside down wrecked boat, to the left I lit a lantern and to the right was a hot spring. I can't get back though and I don't see where to go next. Anyone?

Baalzebup

I need help.

I'm on the ocean roars again or something like that. Near the end I think. I dropped down from an upside down wrecked boat, to the left I lit a lantern and to the right was a hot spring. I can't get back though and I don't see where to go next. Anyone?
Go to the room where you lit the fire. There should be three paths from that space, two of which take you to rooms on either side of the fire and the 3rd one that goes straight to/away from the fire. Follow the 3rd path and you will reach this quite low wooden construct, something like a fence or a grill, that you'd think you could just jump over. To the right of that is a dead end with a sunken boat. To the left is another seeming dead end, but there is actually a talisman stuck on the wall that you can remove with a button prompt (I think it was X). The talisman is the backside of a Nurikabe, one of those wall-monsters that you can gesture to and have likely seen in previous levels.
Finally got her! It was quite easy after watching that video. I think the main confusion was the term "mid-range", many guides suggested that I stay mid-range and avoid her using the paralytic blast. In fact you want her to use it all the time and dodge them from quite far away.

Managed to do it with heavy armor and dual swords, and just use needles when I slipped and got hit by the blast when she was in the air.

Love the feeling and onwards!

giphy.gif

It's why that particular video is so good. It gives people a chance to get a read on her and formulate their own way of dealing with her.

Naite

I feel like everyone in Yokai Realm is avoiding co-oping with me because I'm only level 344, even though my gear is up to snuff and have really good survivability compared to most. =\

EDIT: Yep definitely getting avoided. Kept getting matched up with the same guy 5-6 times who kept disconnecting from me everytime til the game paired me with someone else.

If my testing is correct it basically doubles your invulnerable frames from dodges. It's crazy good.
Yea I've been mainly using heavy stance and I do seem to be getting caught less while dodging.

Go to the room where you lit the fire. There should be three paths from that space, two of which take you to rooms on either side of the fire and the 3rd one that goes straight to/away from the fire. Follow the 3rd path and you will reach this quite low wooden construct, something like a fence or a grill, that you'd think you could just jump over. To the right of that is a dead end with a sunken boat. To the left is another seeming dead end, but there is actually a talisman stuck on the wall that you can remove with a button prompt (I think it was X). The talisman is the backside of a Nurikabe, one of those wall-monsters that you can gesture to and have likely seen in previous levels.

giphy.gif

It's why that particular video is so good. It gives people a chance to get a read on her and formulate their own way of dealing with her.

Thanks for responding. Finally found it yesterday without seeing this response but it took forever lol.

Naite

Really loving these 2 new stats I rolled on my gear. I got Bonus After Purification (Nullify Damage) and Zero Ki Bonus (Attack Damage x2). I do purification all the time when fighting youkai so this works well for me and it's already saved my ass a bunch of times. Even though damage is nullified, I still take ki damage from blocking so I can get them to guard break me, triggering the attack boost and Shorten Recovery time can get me out of stun.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man lag really gives people advantages in PvP. Couldn't win a fight against this guy cause he was teleporting all around. Anytime I managed to down him he had that spell (or Ninjistu?) that brings he back to life. Did it 3 times in a row.
The more I play PvP, the biggest issue I have with it has to be the population.

Because there is so little people playing it, you get people who are super high level and geared out going against low level players who can barely dent them.

Like I'm rank C and just got paired up against a player whose rank is AA- and position 5 in the overall leaderboards.

Wish PvP wasn't the quickest way to get decent amount of Glory. :(
Yeah, I stopped bothering with the PvP after getting matches like this over and over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdj17bsqZ68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX9iH0VWR6M

Completely borked/broken and not fun at all. I can't believe they still haven't patched that glitch (?) where you mysteriously, suddenly die with HP/time left. It happens all the time and it's just... wut

Baalzebup

Thanks for responding. Finally found it yesterday without seeing this response but it took forever lol.
No problem. I had the exact same experience in that level when I went there for the first time, so it was easy to sympathize with you plight, though I wasn't stuck for nearly as long. Overall, I think the posters here are pretty damn helpful as long as someone doesn't go all "OMG this is the worst bullshit ever!!!", which is when we tend to open up with full salvos of derision.

Kalentan

Yeah, I stopped bothering with the PvP after getting matches like this over and over:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Kdj17bsqZ68
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=MX9iH0VWR6M

Completely borked/broken and not fun at all. I can't believe they still haven't patched that glitch (?) where you mysteriously, suddenly die with HP/time left. It happens all the time and it's just... wut

I've had weird instances where I would still be attacking and moving when at 0 HP and can still damage people. So odd... PvP really feels like an afterthought. It needed some form of standardization to the whole thing. Set people's level to a certain point and tie gear to that level. Try to balance it out.

(Also could you re-link the videos? For some reason they're bringing me to my youtube video list)

The Kunai are also really strong in PvP and the lag makes it hard to dodge them considering their large range.

Naite

Really loving these 2 new stats I rolled on my gear. I got Bonus After Purification (Nullify Damage) and Zero Ki Bonus (Attack Damage x2). I do purification all the time when fighting youkai so this works well for me and it's already saved my ass a bunch of times. Even though damage is nullified, I still take ki damage from blocking so I can get them to guard break me, triggering the attack boost and Shorten Recovery time can get me out of stun.

Scratch what I said about the attack damage x2. It only lasts for the next attack only, which is useless for my weapons. Trying out defense boost with zero ki bonus instead now.

Top Bottom