• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Managed to get my hands on 3k today without having to sell off the profits on my portfolio.

With yesterday/today's dip I wasn't going to miss out. So I bought some IOC, BNB, BTM and some more NEO.

I managed to get in just in time at the lowest. Now all I have to do is wait.

My only coin in the red is SIGT (a loss of around 100$) but everything else is looking good. This has been a wild ride and I'm getting addicted to this. Spend most of the day looking at charts and reading all I can about crypto. The idea of making money this easily is enticing but I don't want to be so obsessed with it.

Ark's rise compensating for Neo's losses in my wallet, nice.

I am trying to do the same thing off of Ark, hoping it can get to $2.50-2.75. I need to make up on some losses with a few other smaller coins this weekend even though I am good with NEO.

They may even try to break though yesterday's ATH of $2.88 hopefully.

Donos

good that i stocked up ARK at the lowest point of the last dip. Compensates that i sold 150 €of Sicaoin at the lowest level , minutes before it went off to a big rise -_-

Welp, after selling everything a couple of months ago for my new apartment i got that shit payed off and saved a bit so i´m back in the crypto world. Kinda sucks i had to sell my bitcoins at 2700$ back then but what you gonna do.

So i bought 500€ in bitcoins yesterday and got them today. Put up some buy orders on Xtrabytes, Verge, Sia and digibyte. Orders are set at lower prices than they are right now, about 30 to 40% percent off the current value right now. Will see if they´re going to be fullfilled. And then holding for long term and accumulating every month for the foreseeable future.

Had some left over fractions of bitcoins on c-cex and bought some xby. Got about 11000 for 200 satoshis a couple of days ago. And 480 Digibyte at 251 satoshis.

Not interested in buying and holding bitcoin, eth, and neo. Think they´re overvalued right now, so now huge growth opportunity. But what do i know, lol.

Alright, now that ETH maintenance is done, I bought ETH with my BTC, and am trying to send ETH from Bittrex to Coinbase...
Let's see if I actually receive a confirmation email this time...

4+ hours later, and still nothing.

Has anyone actually been able to withdraw either BTC or ETH from Bittrex to Coinbase?

It's been 40 hours that I've been trying to do this - no contacts, no emails, no transactions, nothing. They are not responding, and nothing is happening.

Brohan

4+ hours later, and still nothing.

Has anyone actually been able to withdraw either BTC or ETH from Bittrex to Coinbase?

It's been 40 hours that I've been trying to do this - no contacts, no emails, no transactions, nothing. They are not responding, and nothing is happening.

Damn that really sucks... isn't there a number you can call??

Also i recently withdrew BTC from bittrex to bitfinex and didn't experience any problems so i don't know why bittrex to coinbase would be any different.

good that i stocked up ARK at the lowest point of the last dip. Compensates that i sold 150 €of Sicaoin at the lowest level , minutes before it went off to a big rise -_-

Not only did i miss alot of profits by selling ARK before the surge but after buying back in i have like half the coins i had before i sold. Fuck me.

Damn that really sucks... isn't there a number you can call??

Not that I can see. Just the email and the website support form (the support form shows all the messages that have transpired, so I definitely haven't missed any messages).

If anyone has a number to contact them, I'll try that too.

Brohan

Ark just took a big dip, might be a good point to buy in if you believe it's going somewhere.

Not that I can see. Just the email and the website support form (the support form shows all the messages that have transpired, so I definitely haven't missed any messages).

If anyone has a number to contact them, I'll try that too.

Can't find a phone number but try making a fuss on twitter, that might get you somewhere.

https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange

DonMigs85

I do wonder about ARK. It does have a relatively small coin supply, so maybe in a few years it could be worth hundreds lol
I had 250 ARK which I sold around the $2 mark. Bought them around 70 cents last month so made a decent profit

Brohan

I think IOTA just reched a new ATH again and the cool thing is that it rises pretty steadily, no big spikes that makes you think of a pump and dump.
This coin is going places.

Gonna keep putting a monthly amount into that coin and see where it ends up at.

What do you guys use to track Average cost per coin and numbers like that?

With BTC and ETH it's easy because those are measured in dollars, but with some of the alt-coins I bought they're only measured in BTC, whose value itself fluctuates.

It's a relatively simple calculation, but just thought I would ask if there's any good tools.

PolishQ

What do you guys use to track Average cost per coin and numbers like that?

With BTC and ETH it's easy because those are measured in dollars, but with some of the alt-coins I bought they're only measured in BTC, whose value itself fluctuates.

It's a relatively simple calculation, but just thought I would ask if there's any good tools.

This one's not bad: https://cryptocoincount.com/

Shows the current value of your stack and can also generate a graph of how value has fluctuated in the past.

Donos

Don't forget to choose a delegate if you have ARK. You get free ARK even if it's not much (i get 0,1 ARK now every day with 400 ARK). You have to invest 1 ARK though.

Brohan

Don't forget to choose a delegate if you have ARK. You get free ARK even if it's not much (i get 0,1 ARK now every day with 400 ARK). You have to invest 1 ARK though.

How exactly does this work? And i probably need the official ARK wallet?

Donos

You need your ARK in th official wallet but that is one of the most slick wallets of all the altcoins i have/had. The one for XEM(NEM) is another one.

Short description on the Vote system: https://blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68

On the subreddit you can read the proposals of the delegates (how often they hand out shares, what their hardware is etc). I voted for Jarunik

Or just go to "votes" in the wallet, open delegates monitor and choose one of the top 40. With some, fees are involved (not from you stack but from the share they give you)
Voting is an optional, but important mechanism that keeps the Ark network secure. The 51 delegates with the most votes from the network are responsible for verifying and forging transactions into new blocks. This page can be used to cast your vote for a delegate that you support.

Brohan

You need your ARK in th official wallet but that is one of the most slick wallets of all the altcoins i have/had. The one for XEM(NEM) is another one.

Short description: https://blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68

On the subreddit you can read the proposals of the delegates (how often they hand out shares, what their hardware is etc).

Or just go to votes in the wallet, open delegates monitor and choose one of the top 40.

Thanks alot, setting it up right now.

Edit: The ARK wallet is fucking me over. I'm trying to set up a second passphrase but that requires you to also insert your first passphrase and now it says my original passphrase doesnt fit my account.... which is bullshit because i just wrote it down and had to enter 3 of the words before starting the client... afraid to log out of the client now in fear of losing acces to my ark.

Edit 2: jesus christ i'm hating my life right now. I simply don't understand what's going wrong. My Ark is just sitting there in my account now with no way to touch it.

Edit 3: yup, officially lost my cash... somehow after starting up the client and activating it by writing my first passphrase it put down another client which was not tied to my original passphrase because when i imported my original passphrase i got another adres.... so yeah i sent my ark to an adres of which i don't have a passphrase. Now i can only open my ark client and look at an adress with ARK in it but will forever be unable to touch it.

Edit: made a post on reddit explaining what happened to me with some tips how to avoid it to others wanting to start using the ARK client.

Sorry to hear that Brohan :(

Thank you for at least sharing your experience in order to help others. I hope it works out for you in the end.

On a happier note it seems XBY finally has some life in it again. Seems they are starting testing on the platform shortly.

Brohan

Sorry to hear that Brohan :(

Thank you for at least sharing your experience in order to help others. I hope it works out for you in the end.

On a happier note it seems XBY finally has some life in it again. Seems they are starting testing on the platform shortly.

Yeah i really do hope that my post helps prevent this from happening to others.

I do feel forced to buy back into ARK now though because i can't stand the idea that those coins might be worth a fortune in the future.

Yeah i really do hope that my post helps prevent this from happening to others.

I do feel forced to buy back into ARK now thoug because i can't stand the idea that those coins might be worth a fortune in the future.

Have you tried creating a post on their reddit page, that should hopefully get some attention to the team?

Brohan

Have you tried creating a post on their reddit page, that should hopefully get some attention to the team?

Yeah made a long post on the ArkEcosystem reddit.

It's a long and a bit messy post but it explains what happened, although i still don't know how.

I have used multiple wallets and none have given me a wrong adres or ''account'' after the initial setup.

Here's a picture.
zVR5FbU.png

You can see that the top one is where i sent my money while the bottom one is the one that showed up after i imported an account with my original passphrase after trying a dozen other things.

When that second adres showed up after importing i knew i was fucked.

I'm just happy it was a small sum (although who knows how much it might be worth in the future) but it still sucks bad because i only recently started with an initial investment of $200 so those coins are actually a big chunk.

Donos

Don't really understand what happened, bit drunk but a good advise is to always send a little sum (1 or 10 coins) to a wallet to test it. I Always do it.

Brohan

Don't really understand what happened, bit drunk but a good advise is to always send a little sum (1 or 10 coins) to a wallet to test it. I Always do it.

I don't understand what has happened either and i'm completely sober XD. The install was quick and easy and it had a nice check to see if you had written down your passphrase correctly (3 out of the 12 words) but after that initial setup it simply gave me a wrong account that had nothing to do with my passphrase... you can see the wrong account is on the top so that's the one i started with.. but the second one i imported is actually the right one.

Also that is solid advice which i will definitely use from now on as the fact that it could have been a large sum of money is absolutely terrifying.

Edit: Also i just checked if it could have been a user error by me by clicking create a new account. But this confirms that it could not have been my own mistake as creating a new account asks you to write down a new passphrase and then afterwards asks you to write down words nr3 nr 6 and nr9 of that passphrase.. so it's not like i could have deleted my original account and then made a new one without writing down the new passphrase that comes with it.

Really hope a developer or mod reads that post on reddit since i'm now absolutely certain that i couldn't have made any mistakes.

Tk0n

OMG just cant break the resistance at 0,0021. It always falls back down and the up and down movement and the volume and speed of the trades is driving me crazy. Maybe ill try a stop order so i can sleep well...

XBY Shows some movement up again. I didnt think it would be possible, but maybe ill able to recover my invest there after all 😉

Brohan

Sorry to hear, brohan :-/

Thanks, at least my investment in IOTA is doing well :).

Also if any if you guys are also on reddit i would appreciate some upvotes so that it stays visible so that perhaps someone from the team might eventually see it.
The title is "Just a heads up regarding the ARK client." and my username on reddit is LordBrodinson.

Tk0n

Watching OMG closely.

i am nervous.
made quite a bit of money on OMG the last few days. but i fear that its going to fall deep if it isnt able to break 0,0021 soon. but it also has the potential and the volume to move a lot upwards.

oh and BTC is trying to crash the party again...

IOTA new ATH and just went past $1.

had a closer look at it today. but as its not on bittrex, its not for me ;)

Donos

Gf has put some €€€ on the table a couple days ago to tip her toe into crypto and i got her omg, iota and cvc. She can't complain so far :)

She is warned that it can be completely different a few days later though. She immediately mentioned the King of queens ep with Doug and carry getting into stock market, with the panic sales etc when i proposed crypto to her. Let's see...

And I just sold my stash last week to get into other alts...Thinking about getting in again but no money at the time :(

Yeah, the crypto world is crazy like that. :( But I'd say don't give into FOMO and wait to see if there are profit takers.

I still have a sizable stash, not enough to buy a node however, I'm debating whether I want to drop enough to get myself one. I'll see if it drops a bit from here.

Brohan

i am nervous.
made quite a bit of money on OMG the last few days. but i fear that its going to fall deep if it isnt able to break 0,0021 soon. but it also has the potential and the volume to move a lot upwards.

oh and BTC is trying to crash the party again...

had a closer look at it today. but as its not on bittrex, its not for me ;)

Don't like bitfinex or you just want to stick to a single exchange?

Top Bottom