• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

Toxa

tenor.gif

That's the most life-like realism from a game I've ever seen in GIF form, that's super uncanny.

it is a real footage

abbyabs

Can't find much information on the single player content apart from tests and challenges? Is this game GT 6.5? am i better off waiting for GT7 for single player content.

The stock Viper looks like it's going to be a nightmare to drive. A 10 in Top Speed mixed with bad braking and handling? What could possibly go wrong?

The stock Viper looks like it's going to be a nightmare to drive. A 10 in Top Speed mixed with bad braking and handling? What could possibly go wrong?

Max Speed looks weird to me. The Huracan tops out at roughly 200mph and has a rating of 9.2, whereas the new NSX does 191mph or so and has a rating of 9.8, and the V8 Vantage S apparently does 190mph, yet has a rating of 8.2.

IKizzLE

The stock viper in real life is actually a track monster and handles incredibly well. I don't get those numbers at all. I wouldn't put much stock into those numbers.

Looking at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJna26X1CEw

This is one way you can get to that 15/85 online/offline ratio:

Sport:
- Race entry (online)
- Live report (N.A.)

Campaign:
- Driving School (offline)
- Mission challenge (offline)
- Circuit experience (offline)
- Racing Etiquette (offline)

Arcade:
- Single race (offline)
- 2 player battle (offline)
- VR driving (offline)
-Time trial (offline)
- Drift trial (offline)
- Custom race (offline)
- Multiplayer battle (online)

Online modes: 2/12 -> 16.6% ~>15%
Offline modes: 10/12 -> 83.33% ~>85%

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF knows better than to trust any developer statements using percentages, be it about content or progress in development.

farisr

LMAO @ the plain as day attempt at damage control.

Also pretty disappointed if this is the route they're going to go. I actually gave them credit for being really up front and going into detail about what campaign mode was going to entail over the last year. Whereas they could've handled it like capcom did with SFV and basically just listed the names of the modes with vague descriptions (which led people to assume that character story mode was a replacement for arcade). But yeah, seems they are now reacting to the negative blowback they've been receiving about the lacking SP content with statements that are using arbitrary criteria to make the game look better.

There was already the "nothing has been dropped, things have only been added" and "there is more of everything" statement by Kaz which could immediately be proved false by talking about dynamic ToD and dynamic weather, not even worrying about the downsizing of the campaign. Now this. sigh.. Poor form.

Putty

Pretty obvious Kaz is counting all facets of Sport, so livery editor, scapes, brand central etc etc have all been given a percentage figure, and probs options menu to 8).

Pretty obvious Kaz is counting all facets of Sport, so livery editor, scapes, brand central etc etc have all been given a percentage figure, and probs options menu to 8).

Options menu, watching the installation progress bar, load times; all part of the rich GT Sport singleplayer experience.

GAF cynical as ever. Couldn't this just be a response to online folks saying SP is gone?

Now it's damage control, preorders are low, etc...mayb the devs are actually proud of their product and do think people will like playing through the new campaign.

Boy, what if this things comes out and reviews/sells well??? Are we going to be pissed or happy because it seems like some want this to bomb?

GAF cynical as ever. Couldn't this just be a response to online folks saying SP is gone?

Now it's damage control, preorders are low, etc...mayb the devs are actually proud of their product and do think people will like playing through the new campaign.

Boy, what if this things comes out and reviews/sells well??? Are we going to be pissed or happy because it seems like some want this to bomb?
Gaf gonna Gaf. Just let them be.

I avoid these threads pretty much. First Gt I'm excited and can't wait

Gaf gonna Gaf. Just let them be.

I avoid these threads pretty much. First Gt I'm excited and can't wait
Indeed...

I'm really looking forward to it myself. Once I saw all the cups and races where just online now, my worries went away. Looks like you're still earning cars again through SP stuff, they just made the actual races against people now instead of AI for the cups. As long as the game gives you rewards for everything not just coming in first place, I dunno, I see it as a really good change of pace and actually want to play through all the campaign now since I should be able to hold my own in races finally as the game teaches me.

But yeah back to our favorite WWS thread lol

Gestault

There's gonna be a huge community around just the livery editor. Even if you're not an artist, that's a cool scene to follow in any game, and if artists hook up with particular racing teams (especially if they allow in-game racing teams for official community events), this could come together beautifully.

I'm hoping the framework lets them have race team sub-leaderboards (meaning the cumulative rankings of players in each team are compared to other teams on their own leaderboards).

Servbot24

Banned

They've already demonstrated the single player content. Fans aren't spinning a narrative, the game has been openly laid out. Everyone can look for themselves and see if it warrants a purchase. As it happens many people looked at the content and were dissatisfied, but you are still more than welcome to enjoy the game to the fullest.

No one wants it to bomb. That's just silliness that you made up.

sneaky77

Indeed...

I'm really looking forward to it myself. Once I saw all the cups and races where just online now, my worries went away. Looks like you're still earning cars again through SP stuff, they just made the actual races against people now instead of AI for the cups. As long as the game gives you rewards for everything not just coming in first place, I dunno, I see it as a really good change of pace and actually want to play through all the campaign now since I should be able to hold my own in races finally as the game teaches me.

But yeah back to our favorite WWS thread lol

So.. online and not offline SP right?

Is fine if people like it, but I think the people that prefer to race on their own against AI have a pt. That's all

farisr

Can you tune cars in this? Upgrade to bigger turbos etc like previous GT games? Thanks.
There's no outright performance upgrade system like buying turbos and what not, but there seems to be a hint of an upgrade system which has you spending "mileage" to make the car more powerful. Trying to find the pic.

Edit:
gran_turismosport_20132utc.jpg

Sebmugi

Do you think they will be buyable / winnable in the game I hope ..? Or they will be just for those who buy the collector version of GT sport..? what do you think ???

1502546363-i1wvelvxtuz8puh.jpg

1502546366-i1lzihelstvmvcc.jpg

dugdug

Banned
Maybe they are not getting as many preorders as they expected.

I cancelled my pre-order a while ago but have been hoping for news to reverse that.

Will absolutely wait for reviews and word of mouth among the GT community. If there's really a single-player campaign magically hidden underneath all this online bullshit, I'll grab it day one, but, for now, it's a rental.

Super bummed out about it.

Yiazmat

Seems like the track list is now complete then. According to the official website there's only 17 locations.

- Real Tracks

Interlagos
Brands Hatch
Nurburgring
Mount Panorama
Suzuka
Willow Springs

- Original

Alsace Village
Dragon Trail
Lago Maggiore
BB Raceway
Kyoto Driving Park
Blue Moon Bay
Northern Isle Speedway

- Rally

Colorado Springs
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna Windmills

- City

Tokyo Expressway

vrnvmee.gif

BigEmil

Seems like the track list is now complete then. According to the official website there's only 17 locations.

- Real Tracks

Interlagos
Brands Hatch
Nurburgring
Mount Panorama
Suzuka
Willow Springs

- Original

Alsace Village
Dragon Trail
Lago Maggiore
BB Raceway
Kyoto Driving Park
Blue Moon Bay
Northern Isle Speedway

- Rally

Colorado Springs
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna Windmills

- City

Tokyo Expressway

vrnvmee.gif
How does this compare to Project Cars 2 anyone know? Thinking maybe get Project Cars 2 and get GT 7 (not Sport) when that one releases

Neith

Banned
Holding out hope for more Ferraris. Was hoping for way more vintage cars. So disappointed in that aspect but whatever. It is preordered.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

- Real Tracks

Interlagos
Brands Hatch
Nurburgring
Mount Panorama
Suzuka
Willow Springs
For a game focused on motorsports and having the FIA partnership..

giphy.gif

Are you fucking kidding me?

Top Bottom