• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
thanks for the advice, but i'll pass, i'll play games the way i enjoy them

Teamkilling was an important factor for Friday the 13th, too many cheaters and too many trolls, removing TK was a HUGE mistake
K, just don't cry when people call you out on your bullshit.

both, TK was insanely fun, it was like a whole new game, being a second killer, trying to kill all the counselors before Jason finds you, and if you see a piece of shit glitching, you give them what they deserve

That makes you an asshole and it goes against the ENTIRE point of the game.

Teamkilling was an important factor for Friday the 13th, too many cheaters and too many trolls, removing TK was a HUGE mistake
Except that's not what you explained to be the reason why you wanted TK to remain.

It's people like xviper why I stopped playing. If you are bored then play something else, don't ruin it for everyone else you sociopathic asshole.

Please do everyone a favor and stop playing online games until you grow up.

Lettuce

Jesus, haven't played this game for like 3 months and still getting constant connection issues (Xbox One)....guess it will never get sorted out

Been watching a good chunk of the movies this weekend. For all the games faults, they did some good lodge recreation.

When I actually played the game I had a few nostalgia feels but it had been a couple of years since I had done a marathon of the movies. Now I'm watching through and I'm like, "damn, I've been killed outside there in a video game."

pots555

Reading some posts, I feel I might have made a mistake buying this game. I bought a physical copy for the PS4 and I'm still waiting for it. But reading about the toxic community and the fact that people don't go for the objective is worrying me. I thought this would be as fun as Dead by Daylight...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Reading some posts, I feel I might have made a mistake buying this game. I bought a physical copy for the PS4 and I'm still waiting for it. But reading about the toxic community and the fact that people don't go for the objective is worrying me. I thought this would be as fun as Dead by Daylight...
Just play with either GAF members or people you know. The entire community isn't toxic, so when you find random people you enjoy playing with be sure to add them as a friend. Makes getting parties together much easier and ensures that the game remains a blast to play.

Plus if you're playing in private matches with friends, friendly fire is on so it leads to some funny accidents.

Every MP/online game has some sort of toxicity, I wouldn't stress yourself out too bad about it. Just play it, and if you enjoy it, great!

I've played a ton of DbD and there are a bunch of whiners in that game, USUALLY coming from survivors, but I've seen it both sides.

alexbull_uk

For what it's worth, I've never had any issues with the community. Had some great laughs though.

If you do get unlucky and join a game with someone like the poster on here earlier, just quit and move on. There's no penalty.

Malalaw

So anyone on xbox wanna play some matches? I'm getting back into this game now to take advantage of the double XP.

Username is Deadlytaco88

LUXURY

You’re why a majority of people stopped playing this game. Terrible.

Drencrom

i have been respectful to you and the rest of the members of this thread, no need for name calling, it's just the way i play, if i get bored from the main objective, i try and do something different and troll my own teammates, it's kinda like when you get bored in a GTA game and try to slaughter everyone you see

Why am I surprised that you grief in MP games when I’ve seen you grief on GAF

Worst is those who quit while you grapple them as Jason, as it can lock you up for several minutes where you are stuck holding them and cant do anything else till their body disappears

Seems like a silly oversight.
Dedicated servers are coming so they will fix it at some point.

Worst is those who quit while you grapple them as Jason, as it can lock you up for several minutes where you are stuck holding them and cant do anything else till their body disappears
I still don't understand why the devs haven't made it so quitters count as a kill for Jason. DBD does it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Dedicated servers are coming so they will fix it at some point.

I still don't understand why the devs haven't made it so quitters count as a kill for Jason. DBD does it.
They mentioned in the Discord that people quitting during Jason kills to prevent him from getting the XP will be fixed in the next patch.

ThePunisher

Neo Member
i have been respectful to you and the rest of the members of this thread, no need for name calling, it's just the way i play, if i get bored from the main objective, i try and do something different and troll my own teammates, it's kinda like when you get bored in a GTA game and try to slaughter everyone you see

The irony and circular logic on display here is historic. "I like to troll my teammates by TKing them, but removing TKing was huge mistake because of all the Trolls. How are people supposed to deal with people like me now" LUL

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Getting so tired of all these asshole hosts quitting. It's unbelievable how long it's taking to implement dedicated servers for consoles.

in Rainbow six siege, when the round starts, me and my friend stand next to each other, find a teammate who is giving his back to us, shoot him to lower his health, and act AFK, and watch him go insane trying to find out who shot him, lol, some times they go on and slaughter the whole team because they don't know who shot them and get kicked, sometime they kill the wrong person

in Bad company 2, me and my friend used to play Hardcore mode, we both pick medic, find a poor teammate, kill him, unload his gun, revive him then repeat until one of us gets kicked, then joins back and repeat

in WWE games, we used to play 3-man TLC, when the match start, we take the ladder far away from the ring so he can't reach the belt and win the match, and we start to beat the shit out of him until he quits

to be honest, i'm a bit asshole in some games

Wow, fuck you.

Mudron

The irony and circular logic on display here is historic. "I like to troll my teammates by TKing them, but removing TKing was huge mistake because of all the Trolls. How are people supposed to deal with people like me now" LUL

This is why I wonder if so many people like these are diagnosable psychopaths or schizophrenics. It's either that or they're just truly too stupid to see their own hypocrisy - I don't know which would be a worse excuse, though.

Shanaynay

Is it possible, in this game, for me to start up a group with 3 of my friends and then we join a random game online?

Yeah it's a really basic and random question but i'm curious because i could be interested in purchasing it.

in Rainbow six siege, when the round starts, me and my friend stand next to each other, find a teammate who is giving his back to us, shoot him to lower his health, and act AFK, and watch him go insane trying to find out who shot him, lol, some times they go on and slaughter the whole team because they don't know who shot them and get kicked, sometime they kill the wrong person

in Bad company 2, me and my friend used to play Hardcore mode, we both pick medic, find a poor teammate, kill him, unload his gun, revive him then repeat until one of us gets kicked, then joins back and repeat

in WWE games, we used to play 3-man TLC, when the match start, we take the ladder far away from the ring so he can't reach the belt and win the match, and we start to beat the shit out of him until he quits

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is it possible, in this game, for me to start up a group with 3 of my friends and then we join a random game online?

Yeah it's a really basic and random question but i'm curious because i could be interested in purchasing it.
Yep, just create a party in the main menu and invite your friends, and then start searching for a game.

Edit: I have to admit, it's hilarious to see so many people shitting on xviper. I don't know what the hell he was thinking coming out and admitting to such shitty behavior.

giphy.gif

Shanaynay

Yep, just create a party in the main menu and invite your friends, and then start searching for a game.

Edit: I have to admit, it's hilarious to see so many people shitting on xviper. I don't know what the hell he was thinking coming out and admitting to such shitty behavior.
Thank you! Chances are ill end up purchasing it in the near future then.

Drencrom

Getting so tired of all these asshole hosts quitting. It's unbelievable how long it's taking to implement dedicated servers for consoles.

For real. The fact that they haven’t bothered to implement host migration because ”they’re adding servers” is nonsense. Are they planning to add servers to consoles when the game is dead? The game has been out for 5 months and hosts qutting has been the biggest issue with the game besides bugs and crashes ffs.

just got an error "the ue4-summercamp game has crashed" What the heck is this? Ive tried to fix , reinstall, and some other things and the game doesnt work. Just literally happened out of nowhere. I was playing tonight too.

anyone have this error thing?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
just got an error "the ue4-summercamp game has crashed" What the heck is this? Ive tried to fix , reinstall, and some other things and the game doesnt work. Just literally happened out of nowhere. I was playing tonight too.

anyone have this error thing?
Go to your game folder, go through
engine -> extras -> redist -> en-us and you should see an UE4 PrereqSetup x64 exe. Just run that and it should fix your issue.

Sephzilla

people who play this game like that are the exact thing that drove me away from playing this game.

although it sounds like you're not a fun person to play games with in general when your only objective is to ruin other people's fun

groansey

You're not an asshole, you're a little wiener.
It's an important distinction to make.

Jakoo

I was thinking about getting the physical copy of this game for Halloween to play with friends but, based on this thread, I am a bit hesitant. Is it true that most public matches have issues with team killing/people dropping from the server?

I would be the only person in my group with a copy of this game, and I just wanted to pass the controller and play with friends online an upcoming weekend. Is the games userbase conducive to that, or is this game only good when you are playing amongst friends online?

jviggy43

Team killing is gone but people will drop to not give Jason exp and the host leaving ends the game, which happens frequently. Apparently dedicated servers are coming but I'm skeptical if that's still happening this month, I haven't heard anything about it being imminent.

After this last patch, game has greatly improved, they fixed alot that was broke. The TK thing, well not much could have been done. It sucks that it's gone, but the community could not handle it sadly it seems. The hosting issue and players dropping needs to be fixed ASAP though. Having a great time with it this weekend, but clearly the focus needs to be on the player drop issues.

I was thinking about getting the physical copy of this game for Halloween to play with friends but, based on this thread, I am a bit hesitant. Is it true that most public matches have issues with team killing/people dropping from the server?

I would be the only person in my group with a copy of this game, and I just wanted to pass the controller and play with friends online an upcoming weekend. Is the games userbase conducive to that, or is this game only good when you are playing amongst friends online?

Team killing has been removed from the game. People dropping still randomly happens.... I was Jason 5 times this weekend and only once did a player drop on me while I was killing them. Experience with the community varies for everyone really. Game is still tons of fun, they just need to fix the hosting/player drop issues and it's gonna be back on track, and they said it's their next focus.

Jakoo

Team killing is gone but people will drop to not give Jason exp and the host leaving ends the game, which happens frequently. Apparently dedicated servers are coming but I'm skeptical if that's still happening this month, I haven't heard anything about it being imminent.

After this last patch, game has greatly improved, they fixed alot that was broke. The TK thing, well not much could have been done. It sucks that it's gone, but the community could not handle it sadly it seems. The hosting issue and players dropping needs to be fixed ASAP though. Having a great time with it this weekend, but clearly the focus needs to be on the player drop issues.

Team killing has been removed from the game. People dropping still randomly happens.... I was Jason 5 times this weekend and only once did a player drop on me while I was killing them. Experience with the community varies for everyone really. Game is still tons of fun, they just need to fix the hosting/player drop issues and it's gonna be back on track, and they said it's their next focus.

Interesting feedback. Would you say its worth the $32 dollars (thanks to GCU) for a game I might just play with friends for a laugh 3 or 4 times at this point? Or do you think for someone that might only experience the game a handful of times, that it might be worth waiting for additional community enhancements?

It's a fun party game really, have played with friends, game is always a laugh riot. You are part of a slasher film, it's fun when it works. I've put a ton of time into it, and we know that some single player challenges are coming as well.

Top Bottom