• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

MRORANGE

7VL5FpF.png

Hello,

I've been tasked to send invites to members on SteamGAF, to allow people to migrate if things get worse or shit hits the fan, the majority of SteamGAF is on Discord, you can use this link to visit it. Currently the goal is join with ResetERA and create a new Steam community there, I hope you understand why many of us have gone down this route. I've been tasked to send out this invite to help any other members who have not heard about this and to act as a representative of who can be trusted.

QUOTE TO SEE LINK

You do not need to need to use your GAF alias if you feel unsafe.

Apologies if you are already on there.

It's been an honor serving SteamGAF over the past couple of years and I hope to see you on the other side.

Regards,

MRORANGE - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001310229

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Even during the 6-8 month long breaks I would occasionally take from games, this community has remained my home on GAF. I've seen so many posters come and go and I've missed all of our old contributors, be it that they hated anime or not (<3), and I never quite expected something like this to happen.

I don't really have any space on Steam and my twitter is heavily NSFW so I can't really link either, but hopefully we all land in the same places when the dust settles. Of all the things I joked about happening before Suijoki Academy released, I never imaged GAF imploding being one of them.

Take care of yourselves, okay? After all...

UWawzlZ.png

Lain

I loved and hated you SteamGAF (why you gotta badmouth Lightning?!).

I've had good times with you, got to read some pretty good discussions at the hands of people like Stump and also received (and gave away) a lot of free games through modbot.
I also got to meet many cool people both in here and in other communities.

It's sad to see this all come to an end but at least I can keep interacting with most of you on discord, when I remember it's on.

It royally sucks that the OT communities have been purged though. Given I spent the majority of my time in the manga threads I can't even leave a goodbye in there.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF was probably one of the most worthwhile communities for me. Thanks for the laughs.

Don't forget to quote & reply to Mr.ORANGE's post up there for hidden treasure. See you around.

I've always been too much of a lurker here to share my steam account. I've gotta be the one to earn the friendship of the people who made up the GAF Steam community. I wish to see you again wherever that may be.

This post is just a thank you to Crimsonclaw111 for their giveaway of Bayonetta PC right after its release at full price. I'm planning on getting a gaming PC around Black Friday, and I'll finally be able to play. I regret not giving someone else the chance to have played when I had reasons to believe my computer couldn't run it and still entered the giveaway. I am probably the same as "Cool thread btw" guy.

Thank you.

Almighty

Thanks for the link MRORANGE. I do much more lurking then posting in the steam threads over the years. I hope you guys don't mind if I hitch my wagon with you in these troubled times.

AHA-Lambda

Wow. It's back up.

Well regardless sounds like we're all moving on, understandably.

Been an honour folks, and I'll see you on the Discord and ResetEra when it comes

zkylon

zkylewd
imma miss you people, so many good times together

if anyone wants to stay in touch and doesn't have me on steam already, quote for the link

edit: how about you just pm me haha

kris.

Banned
if anyone wants to pm me a discord invite, i would greatly appreciate ya. i tried in the steam group and got nada but i figured i'd give it a shot here.

Miletius

I'm out. It's been an honor, Steam-GAF. Don't be a stranger. I cannot in good conscience support this forum anymore, considering the actions of the person in charge.

I'm sure I'll see ya'll around the internet.

Edit: If a mod comes across this, please feel free to ban and or purge this post. I don't care either way.

Things come and go, few things last but the community will carry on. You've been great SteamGAF, a nice and friendly environment to talk games with (along with many a tangent) as well as being a good time waster in general, because what else would I be doing at work? It's been fun. Catch y'all elsewhere.

Amzin

For those of you who were totally out of the loop, just an FYI that besides Discord (and Steam itself), there's another forum getting up and running that seems to be where much of GAF / SteamGAF may land, but I don't have the details. Lurking the Discord is probably the best way to get informed when to hit it up.

I like to think I have integrity, so I won't be supporting NeoGAF while Evilore is still here (I was ignorant of the whole admin / owner stuff, embarrassingly) but I loved SteamGAF so hope to see you all on the next hill.

Monooboe

Oh wow it's up. See you all on the other side! I'm adding those that I see on here but anyone is welcome to add me also! Monooboe

What a month, loosing my cats and loosing SteamGAF, never felt so lonely.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF was a lot of fun :)

See you on the other side/site...

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Steam OT. You all made this a very special place.

My Steam profile can be found in my profile or by quoting this post, should anyone wish to stay in touch.

Top Bottom