• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto announce : Flipnote Memo for 3DS

Manmedaz

As he answered the French journalists' questions, Miyamoto spoke about Flipnote Memo, which is still a drawing/ animation app, this time for the 3DS.

He said that he was working on it, and that it will be available for free (I guess very soon and through eShop, maybe with the May update...). Also, you should be able to exchange your creations with your friends, but Nintendo is having a hard time because of the possibility that some create "adult" animations and children see it.

Source : http://www.nintendo-difference.com/news22576-miyamoto-annonce-flipnote-memo.htm

watershed

Banned
YES! This is amazing, I loved flipnote, if they recreate that with 3d options and better load times it would be amazing.

But question, how does flipnote for the ds handle "adult user created content" because surely they've tackled this problem already?

Cranzor

Manmedaz said:
but Nintendo is having a hard time because of the possibility that some create "adult" animations and children see it.

If you allow people to draw things using a tool on your system, SOMEBODY is going to draw inappropriate things (remember Blanca in Animal Crossing?). It's just bound to happen. I'm not sure how they would come up with a way to filter it.

edit: Unless they did come up with a way for Flipnote Studio. I never used it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Thank you Nintendo! My favorite dsiware app is returning better than ever and still free! :)

careksims

AceBandage said:
Don't censor my pony hentai, Miyamoto!

LOL! Stop giving me ideas!

I'm kidding!!! Really!

That's actually pretty cool. I didn't know they made one since I don't own a DSi and i have a 3DS.

Manmedaz said:
As he answered the French journalists' questions, Miyamoto spoke about Flipnote Memo, which is still a drawing/ animation app, this time for the 3DS.

He said that he was working on it, and that it will be available for free (I guess very soon and through eShop, maybe with the May update...). Also, you should be able to exchange your creations with your friends, but Nintendo is having a hard time because of the possibility that some create "adult" animations and children see it.

Source : http://www.nintendo-difference.com/news22576-miyamoto-annonce-flipnote-memo.htm

Nintendo need to just man the fuck up and play some UNO.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes, I welcome free (first party) applications, regardless of usefulness. I hope they plan on releasing more.

AceBandage said:
Don't censor my pony hentai, Miyamoto!
My first doodle will look somewhat like this:

cgUKP.jpg

*HOOF*

This is why I'm still afraid that Nintendo will launch a proprietary video-sharing service in lieu of a 3D YouTube player/uploader. Sigh... of course, YouTube has its own share of content controls.

antonz

Father_Brain said:
This is why I'm still afraid that Nintendo will launch a proprietary video-sharing service in lieu of a 3D YouTube player/uploader. Sigh... of course, YouTube has its own share of content controls.
It really depends. I mean I can go on netflix and watch hardcore sex on the wii if I felt so compelled. Sure the selection is a few movies but that content is there.

artwalknoon said:
But question, how does flipnote for the ds handle "adult user created content" because surely they've tackled this problem already?
If I got this all right when I read about flipnote in detail a few month back when I was watching some every day (removed FN due to space issues :( endless space on 3ds here I come) they rely heavily on the community. As soon as you see inappropiate content you can press a "button" and it's blocked. A moderator needs to unlock it again.

http://flipnote.hatena.com/help/other#violation said:
  • If you find a Flipnote or channel that violates our community guidelines please click on the Report Inappropriate Content link found on the right side of each Flipnote page or channel page.
  • A Flipnote that has been flagged as inappropriate will be temporarily removed from view on Flipnote Hatena on the Nintendo DSi. If the Flipnote's contents are confirmed by the Hatena Support Center to be in violation of our community guidelines, the Flipnote will be removed from the website and the creator of the Flipnote will be notified.
  • A channel that has been flagged as inappropriate will be reviewed by the Hatena Support Center, and will be removed if confirmed to be in violation of our community guidelines. If a channel is removed the creator of the channel will be notified.
  • The user who first reported a Flipnote that has been determined to contain inappropriate content will receive 1 green stars. Green stars that have been earned for reporting Flipnotes will be awarded within a few days after the inappropriate content has been processed.
  • Green stars awarded to users for reporting inappropriate Flipnotes will be available on the day after they have been earned, and the user will be sent a message about the contents they reported. The message contains information about number of items reported, the number of green stars earned, and actions that were taken by the Hatena Support Center.

Does work really well!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Caesar III said:
If I got this all right when I read about flipnote in detail a few month back when I was watching some every day (removed FN due to space issues :( endless space on 3ds here I come) they rely heavily on the community. As soon as you see inappropiate content you can press a "button" and it's blocked. A moderator needs to unlock it again.

Does work really well!
But how did it deal with the system abusers? obviously every service that implements a flagging option has it's fair share of those, some respond and handle them reasonably while others drop the ball (looking at you early days of LBP1).

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Nintendo, please stop neutering your own products. Give parents the restrictive tools to protect their kids, and let them do the policing. That's all anyone, or any court should expect of you. Stop ruining it for the rest of us. I don't need penis animations no more!

I know its redundant at this point, but why even bother with a camera if you are concerned about "adult" material? Hell, why even bother with a web browser?

Anyway, woohoo! I really enjoyed Flipnote, so this is going to be awesome. Free as well? Can't beat that, as its easily worth a few coins.

watershed

Banned
Caesar III said:

Does work really well!

Great do the same thing on the 3ds and give it to us with the launch of the eshop! No delays please, Flip note was the best exclusive feature to come to the dsi!

abstract alien said:
I know its redundant at this point, but why even bother with a camera if you are concerned about "adult" material? Hell, why even bother with a web browser?
I think it's more about adult content you could unwillingly stumble upon. For instance, you can't automatically grab photos from others via StreetPass. (Imagine if you could... Oh dear.) Sure, you can unwillingly view adult content on the web browser, but the Internet really has nothing to do with Nintendo.

I'm guessing that Nintendo wants to be able to make it very easy to share Flipnote animations with one another, not just via Flipnote Hatena, where things are moderated, but also via StreetPass.

Dabanton

PatmanBegins said:
Nintendo, please stop neutering your own products. Give parents the restrictive tools to protect their kids, and let them do the policing. That's all anyone, or any court should expect of you. Stop ruining it for the rest of us. I don't need penis animations no more!

Nintendo are as creepy as Apple when it comes to 'Think of the children' line of thought it's pretty puritanical.

They can't even handle a few crudely animations.

Why would you do that? said:
I think it's more about adult content you could unwillingly stumble upon. For instance, you can't automatically grab photos from others via StreetPass. (Imagine if you could... Oh dear.) Sure, you can unwillingly view adult content on the web browser, but the Internet really has nothing to do with Nintendo.

I'm guessing that Nintendo wants to be able to make it very easy to share Flipnote animations with one another, not just via Flipnote Hatena, where things are moderated, but also via StreetPass.

Imagine no more. I think I found a way using Nintendogs.

Jinfash said:
But how did it deal with the system abusers? obviously every service that implements a flagging option has it's fair share of those, some respond and handle them reasonably while others drop the ball (looking at you early days of LBP1).
same source,
*Please be advised that users who misuse the inappropriate content reporting system may have their accounts suspended or have other disciplinary actions taken.

watershed

Banned

That sounds about right. Maybe Streetpass sharing and sending to friends via wifi is what's presenting the issues. But Flipnote Hatena is a great way to find/share flipnotes. The only thing they need to fix is the load times and maybe update the interface for the 3ds. But otherwise its one of the most successful online features Nintendo has. Also its a joint venture with a company that already specialized in online services so hopefully that means Nintendo will be doing more partnerships for better online (Steam).

Manmedaz

Count Dookkake said:
Imagine no more. I think I found a way using Nintendogs.

I'm sure you did not. I guess you're thinking about sending AR pictures of your dog (with your own "hot"dog on it) via StreetPass in Nintendogs, which is not possible ; you can only select screenshots of the game.

Manmedaz said:
I'm sure you did not. I guess you're thinking about sending AR pictures of your dog (with your own "hot"dog on it) via StreetPass in Nintendogs, which is not possible ; you can only select screenshots of the game.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Thank you for saving me the effort. :(

Why would you do that? said:

The reason its irritating is because the parental controls take care of any issues one would have with receiving adult content. You could set it to not allow street/spot pass all together. Or maybe you trust your kid, but not the people around them...you could set it to allow for local system linking, but not auto street/spot pass. Its just annoying because nintendo would get in zero trouble about any of this, as it would have happened to MS/Sony by now if true. Hell, we can create Miis with dirty names and sexually referenced faces that trade automatically...

Manmedaz

trinest said:
I'd rather Pictochat. An't they working on a 3DS version of that too?

Even though I've read rumors about it, I wouldn't expect that, at least not in the system itself. It could be done in various games though.

That being said, I, too, would really like to see Pictochat make a comeback with the ability to chat with your 3DS friends.

Top Bottom