• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Infamous 2 Screens, Previews later

French

Banned
New screens :

_home_secure_media_SCEE_Tour_Behemoth.jpg

_home_secure_media_SCEE_Tour_Devourer.jpg

_home_secure_media_SCEE_Tour_Fire.jpg

_home_secure_media_SCEE_Tour_Ice_Soldier.jpg

_home_secure_media_SCEE_Tour_UGC.jpg

ram

wow - the character design looks soo fucking bad. insomniac really needs some good artists.

edit: sucker punch i mean, but its the same issue with insomniac - so yeah, it just shows how generic such games look. LOL

ram said:
wow - the character design looks soo fucking bad. insomniac really needs some good artists.

I hear Rare has let their art team go
though kazuma_pt is correct.

Anyway, the game still looks great, I have a good feeling about this one.

Duffyside

Banned
Inanna said:
The wait is KILLING me! just 2 months left...
Less than that, my friend. June 7th, and May starts like tomorrow. So 5 weeks and a few days. Does it feel like two months? Yeah, that happens...
go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

I don't see what's so bad about the character design. It does its job. Not amazing, but I don't stare at the characters for any extended time in inFamous games anyway.

I may have to replay inFamous soon...

edgefusion

I think the character designs are cool, the yellow and grey dudes in the last screen and the guy with the shotgun especially. Plus Cole is super hot.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm just curious, at what point do we just get a inFAMOUS Resistance game? Cole vs Chimeran couldn't be that much of a leap after those monsters.

That dude is going to die so hard.

paskowitz

Yoboman said:

"You're not sending ME to the COOLER!"

Cole: "Please show some mercy!"
"Mercy? I'm afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy."

"Tonight, hell freezes over!"

"Ice to see you!"

"What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!"

"Cool party!"

"If revenge is a dish best served cold, then put on your Sunday finest. It's time to feast!"

"Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom."

"Let's kick some ice!"

I am sorry they just all work so well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow @ the Giantbomb video. My most anticipated game now

Irish

I can't believe this is only a month away now. It's so damn close, yet so far away.

All of the new powers looks like they will be a blast to use and the destruction looks insane.

I also liked that push back effect the boss's breath had. Really cool.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
XTERC said:
The upgrades to their graphics engine are insane. I'm hyped for this game, loved the first.

Don't get too excited about the looks. Going by the beta, the aliasing is still pretty severe. Not as much as in the first one probably, but we are nowhere near the GOW3 MLAA sort of clarity those pics suggest.

KAL2006

Banned
This could potentially be what Uncharted 2 was to Uncharted 1. I see better graphics, better animation, more powers, more enemy variety like giant bosses and etc.

I hope this game gets a bigger fanbase like how Uncharted series started to get a bigger fanbase with Uncharted 2.

Loudninja

TTP said:
Don't get too excited about the looks. Going by the beta, the aliasing is still pretty severe. Not as much as in the first one probably, but we are nowhere near the GOW3 MLAA sort of clarity those pics suggest.
Nope I don't agree it looks great, the effects,explosions and the city itself looks great as well.

Oni Jazar

TTP said:

I'm ok with the aliasing. I just hope the final game has a smooth framerate and moving around the environment is a little better then the beta.

Interstellar

Neo Member
TTP said:

Here are some direct screens taken from the beta. No aa (like Infamous 1) but SSAO... still quite an improvement over Infamous 1.

20110419220453.jpg

20110419233452.jpg

Interstellar said:
Here are some direct screens taken from the beta. No aa (like Infamous 1) but SSAO... still quite an improvement over Infamous 1.

[IG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5686/20110419220453.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9181/20110419233452.jpg[/IMG]

Looks great to me despite having no AA.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Easily one of the best looking console open world games this gen even w/out the AA. The graphic whore inside me wants to believe that sp campaign will look better than the beta shots though.

Elixist

Sai-kun said:
holy shit.

i am cum.

I am so fucking excited for this, and I don't even have a PS3. OMG.

edit: ow...wow, dat aliasing.

IDGAF, this game will still kick all kinds of ass.

Same boat as you, game is just fucking gorgeous dammm.

The single player vids they showed before looked like the game had some AA solution...probably MLAA...hopefully they haven't removed it....

burgerdog said:
I'll take shitty QAA over that jag fest.
I'll take aliasing over blur that also blurs the textures. Which is one of the biggest improvement in this sequel in the graphic compartment.

I was going to watch the footage but then I realized I honestly don't need to see anything more, after how much fun I had with inFamous I know this is a day one no doubt.

Angry Fork

mlM7q.jpg

^I HATE that so damn much. This was a huge problem in the first Infamous for me. The forced bloom/out of focus BS. It's so damn infuriating seeing blurry stuff far away because I often look on the entire screen for enemies or things in the distance to see where I want to go. WHY do they have to do that.

My brain tells my eyes where I want to look, I don't need the game to tell me I should be looking at my main character by showing other stuff in the distance to be out of focus. He's in the middle of the screen, I know I should be focused on that but sometimes I like to look at things far away without having to squint my eyes (which doesn't do anything obviously but it's a habit anyway because that's usually what you have to do to see blurry things.) This was particularly annoying in the in-game cutscenes as well. I know they're trying to appear cinematic with the depth of field stuff but they jacked that up to the max in the first game.

NBtoaster

Angry Fork said:
mlM7q.jpg

^I HATE that so damn much. This was a huge problem in the first Infamous for me. The forced bloom/out of focus BS. It's so damn infuriating seeing blurry stuff far away because I often look on the entire screen for enemies or things in the distance to see where I want to go. WHY do they have to do that.

It hides far away aliasing and level of detail transitions. Fog looks a bit stronger in Infamous 2.

They also used it to represent areas that were out of power in the first game, maybe it'll become less apparent if you light up parts of the city.

Irish

Shooting while using your thrusters is probably my favorite new addition. I wonder how they mapped that out on the controller.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oni Jazar said:
I'm ok with the aliasing. I just hope the final game has a smooth framerate and moving around the environment is a little better then the beta.

Yeah, still don't get why you can't walk. I hate sprinting/running at every step.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Irish said:
Shooting while using your thrusters is probably my favorite new addition. I wonder how they mapped that out on the controller.

IIRC, thrusts are on R1 and aim on L1. So you L1 + Square while holding down R1.

Irish

TTP said:
Yeah, still don't get why you can't walk. I hate sprinting/running at every step.

Walking is reserved for "Like a Boss" moments in cutscenes. :D

Personally, I don't think there really is a need for walking in inFamous because the game is all about getting crap done quickly. Then again, if they added more 'weight' to Richard's :)P) movements and really started doing things with the free running, I probably wouldn't mind having a slow walk to start and then having to get up to speed.

TTP said:
IIRC, thrusts are on R1 and aim on L1. So you L1 + Square while holding down R1.

Is that the control scheme from the beta? (I should have redeemed my code instead of playing Portal 2 Co-Op :/)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I just read Infamous issue 1 to 3 ( the bridge story between Infamous 1 and 2),DC sure sucks so much, the story is awful.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I still hate that they changed the Cole model to appease whiny internet forum goers. So ugly... and no I'm never going to stop complaining about it :(

Irish

Kagari said:
I still hate that they changed the Cole model to appease whiny internet forum goers. So ugly... and no I'm never going to stop complaining about it :(

Damn straight!

Of course, now they're gonna counter with "lulz lulz focus groups lulz." Still, they settled for a Cole who still looks nothing like the original. Arguments invalid.

I think the two people we can blame directly are BobTheFork and Greg Miller. :p

Anyway, we already know they are including skins, so they might as well include all the different versions of Cole.

Top Bottom