• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Infamous 2 Screens, Previews later

jigglywiggly said:
So how many inFamous 1 trophies did you have? We need to know the cutoff point.
I had the game and played it for about 2 hours before I came down with the flu, so I let my friend borrow it. 3 weeks later i find out he's left the country (I'm in Japan) and taken the game with him. :'( I should really find a used copy and finish it.

Alastor

OKAY SONY I WILL BUY YOUR CONSOLE AGAIN

you can now stop tempting me :(

Will wait for a price drop. E3, please

jiggles

Banned
DJmizuhara said:
I had the game and played it for about 2 hours before I came down with the flu, so I let my friend borrow it. 3 weeks later i find out he's left the country (I'm in Japan) and taken the game with him. :'( I should really find a used copy and finish it.

Ah, so you didn't get it as part of the EU PS+ group.

Excellent. That means there's still a possibility I made the cut.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DJmizuhara said:
Ok check out my twitter feed redsungamer and you'll see and nice picture, no BS.

How bout you just link us to this goddamn picture instead of letting us google your fucking account ....seriously man, i found your twitter page but can't see shit. Just post the pic here.

This thread made it this far without the usual derailment. I'm quite surprised at that.

That video is awesome. Looks like this game will be my favorite game of this year without a doubt.

BeeDog

Will most likely be one of the best games this year, and it seems to have a good chance of dethroning MotorStorm: Apocalypse as my current GOTY. Looks friggin' amazing!

Sn4ke_911 said:
How bout you just link us to this goddamn picture instead of letting us google your fucking account ....seriously man, i found your twitter page but can't see shit. Just post the pic here.

Sorry I was using my iPhone before,

Here are the pics;
Removed due to NDA

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
InFamous 2 review in next OPM

The world's first InFamous 2 review will arrive in the next Official PlayStation Magazine UK, out May 11 - a month before its release in June.

The confirmation arrives on the same day as an InFamous 2 media tour, which has already gifted the internet a pair of new trailers, with more information set to land later.

Later today PlayStation Plus subscribers are also set to take part in a beta test of the sequel's bold new user-generated missions.

Sucker Punch also showed off a few of Cole's new powers in a recent gameplay trailer.

So it seems like the beta is only for Playstation Plus subscribers?! :(

Wholly crap man... wow!!

I'm about to order up the first one from Zavvi... look forward to playing it in premonition of this game. Wowsers... I'm so glad that my gaming obsession back with a hard on and my gaming motivation lull has all but disappeared.

BatmanX said:
So goty it's not even funny

This honor is reserved for ***** my friend.

* insert any number of incredibly amazing sequels arriving this year (Batman, Uncharted, Crysis, inFamous, Portal, Deus Ex, Battlefield, Mass Effect 3 could all very well hit that mark easily).

WHOLLY SHIT that list of 8 games... and that's not even a comprehensive list of what is coming! GAH!

Games Industry +5,000,000
Wallet -15

jiggles

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Need that beta. I have zero hope though, as SCE has not once invited me. QQ

I've gotten a few, but its been awhile. I got in the SOCOM 4 beta by winning it on twitter. Last one I got a SCE invite was KZ2. Wow that was a long time ago.......

Here in Europe.. all psn+ subscribers will get access to the beta, right?

I hope someone would share it. XD

EDIT: OK looks like it's not for eveyone..DAMN I have the platinum in the game but I'm not a PSN+ suscriber. ¬_¬!!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Does he seriously have a move in which he uses heat to evaporate enemies' skin and flesh, until only skeletons are left?

Jtrizzy

So the beta is a compilation of user created levels? Or do you get the whole level editor? That's pretty ballsy if so. They must be confident.

Rikyfree

Watched the behemoth fight video. I love some of his comments now. He hits it in the mouth with some lightning and he says, "Pucker up, you big bitch!" I loled.

This year is freaking insane....

Mass Effect 3
Brink
Infamous 2
Dead Space 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Dark Souls
Killzone 3
Gears of War 3
Portal 2
Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Rage
The Witcher 2
Saint's Row: The Third
SSX: Deadly Descents
Total War: Shogun 2
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Dungeon Siege III
Alice: Madness Returns
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Max Payne 3
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
SOCOM 4
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
DiRT 3
Silent Hill: Downpour
F.E.A.R. 3
Shadows of the Damned
Red Faction: Armageddon
Forza Motorsport 4
Resistance 3
Twisted Metal
Mortal Kombat
Child of Eden
Tomb Raider
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Crysis 2
Battlefield 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Bulletstorm
L.A. Noire
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Last Guardian (hopefully)
Batman: Arkham City

colbert2.gif

Best.
Videogame.
Year.
Confirmed

Lord Error said:
Does he seriously have a move in which he uses heat to evaporate enemies' skin and flesh, until only skeletons are left?
Electricity attacks now show enemy skeletons, I think. The attack you're talking about is one that lets him drain electricity/health from all living things nearby (I'm just gonna hazard a guess that this is an evil-only attack). It looks red because he's Evil Cole in that video, and you see their skeletons because it's electrical.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
badcrumble said:
Electricity attacks now show enemy skeletons, I think. The attack you're talking about is one that lets him drain electricity/health from all living things nearby (I'm just gonna hazard a guess that this is an evil-only attack). It looks red because he's Evil Cole in that video, and you see their skeletons because it's electrical.
I actually thought it was skeletons crumbling down after the attack in one of the GIFs I've just seen here. Looked damn creepy, and to think people complained that the game is not violent enough.

Takuan

I know Infamous and Sly Cooper were fairly successful titles, but they'd have a much bigger hit on their hands if they hired new art staff/directors. I've felt this way about all Sucker Punch games - their games have great mechanics, have a unique flair, and are all-around solid experiences, but they're a bit lacking when it comes to visual appeal. There's something extremely cheesy/low-rent about their games' art design that puts me off.

Having said that, the gif of Cole hurling a car at Zerg Boss is pretty sweet.

Takuan said:
I know Infamous and Sly Cooper were fairly successful titles, but they'd have a much bigger hit on their hands if they hired new art staff/directors. I've felt this way about all Sucker Punch games - their games have great mechanics, have a unique flair, and are all-around solid experiences, but they're a bit lacking when it comes to visual appeal. There's something extremely cheesy/low-rent about their games' art design that puts me off.

Having said that, the gif of Cole hurling a car at Zerg Boss is pretty sweet.

inFamous, sure, but Sly Cooper? Not sure if I understand.

Loudninja

Whenever Cole gets a new Blast Core in the game, he gets a new family of powers. After that, the different variation on the power, those you get through experience points and performing stunts. We wanted it to feel like Cole was getting better at things by being a superhero, not just by going through and getting experience points. People really liked the stunts we had in the last game, so we took them and integrated them more deeply into the game by making those a way to unlock new variants on the powers.

Top Bottom