• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Infamous 2 Screens, Previews later

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
AgentChris said:
Awesome gifs Marius_
Appreciate the work :D

you are welcome

infamous223.gif

Duffyside

Banned
Heh, as I was driving home today I thought to myself "Man, the way Infamous is shaping up, it might be the GOTY dark horse this year."

I'm now thinking I was totally wrong in calling it a "dark horse." Looks so good.

So do you get all 3 types of power at once? ie. lightning, fire and ice?

Or do you only get certain powers based on your choices or karma?

jvalioli

DualShadow said:
So do you get all 3 types of power at once? ie. lightning, fire and ice?

Or do you only get certain powers based on your choices or karma?
You get only one based off of whose side you choose it seems.

C-Jo

I really enjoyed the first Infamous and already intended to pick this one up, but goddamn. This looks excellent.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn I loved the first game to death, passed the first one on both ways each 30hr plus and with all shards!!!! Will get this day freaking 1 hopefully the lightening powers have gotten an upgrade in utility and awesome.

Irish

cjtiger300 said:
f9nuo.jpg

Edit: I'm saying this tongue in cheek, because I don't mind the current Cole, but this one does look more like the Cole I know and love from inFAMOUS 1

Whoa! That does look like inFamous 1 Cole.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
OH MY GOD, such pretty graphics, how did sucker punch improved the hell a lot to the graphic engine, did naughty gods help them?

they're basically using their Sly Cooper ps2 engine for infamous 1. now they finally have proper ps3 engine for infamous 2. and Sucker Punch are talented with graphics. Sly Cooper on ps2 are good looking games for it's times.

Greatest visuals leap ever.

And I like the Amp, or whatever they were calling that melee weapon. It's not like your forced to use it, it's just one of many ways to dispose of enemies.

TacticalFox88 said:
Sony +1
Wallet 0

Steamrolling the competition indeed.
only 1?

Sony +7
Wallet 0

for me.

I've bought LBP2, KZ3, and MS3 this year alone, and U3, i3, Ico collection and R3 is a must buy for me for the rest of the year. now I'll wait if Sony can suckered me to buy Twisted Metal and Socom, or Mortal Kombat, with Kratos, since I'm a big fan of GoW...

KingDizzi

Banned
Goodness this game looks fantastic, inFamous was a wonderful game and this really seems to have improved on it. Really big jump in visuals however that ain't a shocker at all considering that this is a new engine which they are using. Hopefully for the next game they will add some online but at least the addition of the user created content is something. New powers are great as well, will go the evil route as I did with the original game simply because I love beating the shit out of random people on the road. :p

Callibretto said:
they're basically using their Sly Cooper ps2 engine for infamous 1. now they finally have proper ps3 engine for infamous 2. and Sucker Punch are talented with graphics. Sly Cooper on ps2 are good looking games for it's times.

Didn´t know that, thank you very much for clarifying me that.

Jtrizzy

I know the first game was done with a PS2 engine, but I still don't see how this can run at 60 fps. It will be interesting what happens there. All the first one needed was clean up the IQ and framerate, as the gameplay was really well done. Too bad Amon Tobin isn't doing the soundtrack again...wonder why that is.

Duffyside

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I know the first game was done with a PS2 engine, but I still don't see how this can run at 60 fps. It will be interesting what happens there. All the first one needed was clean up the IQ and framerate, as the gameplay was really well done. Too bad Amon Tobin isn't doing the soundtrack again...wonder why that is.
Do we know that this game is supposed to run at 60 fps? Where's that info coming from? Do people just think it looks that good?

And I shared your concerns about Amon Tobin not being around in the sequel, until I heard some of the new music. Infamous 2's soundtrack is in very good hands.

French

Banned
Looks very good.

So, Sony is previewing their big Summer / Fall games ( InFamous 2, Ratchet All 4 One, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal and Uncharted 3 ) this week, so maybe they will do just like last year pre-E3 and announce some games next month ( Starhawk ? ).

Kyaw

Goddamn. This looks like a MASSIVE jump from inFamous 1. Everything just looks smoother, animations seems so much more responsive and fluid. And so much more enemy variations. o.o

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

inFamous 2 BETA GET!!! 1943MB
It look so beautiful and the controls are butter, the new combos with the hollywood slow download effect is very cool looking.

jiggles

Banned
DJmizuhara said:
It look so beautiful and the controls are butter, the new combos with the hollywood slow download effect is very cool looking.

Might do a live stream if anybody is interested.

So how many inFamous 1 trophies did you have? We need to know the cutoff point.

anddo0

DJmizuhara said:

how did you get it?

Yes please :)

DJmizuhara said:

That would be awesome if you stream it .

DJmizuhara said:

D: BS, pics or GTFO
They sent out the codes at 5am pacific?

Top Bottom