• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
settlers7r2011-04-3001zui6.jpg

settlers7r2011-04-3001cuzu.jpg

iNvid02

KKRT00 said:
Wow, more please.

How's multiplayer? First one was awesome in multiplayer with free maneuver mode, but because of 'awesome' DRM from Ubisoft i couldnt even check a benchmark demo ...

DX 11 Shogun 2 mode really needs some screens too :)
i keep getting booted from online every time i join a game, i've only played 1 game which sucks. there are only a handful of people online anyway. thought it would be like warhawk
but its very empty, i think the DRM killed the game. i liked the story though, im officially a fan of flight games now. DRM blows, got disconnected once and it froze the mission immediatley.

they said they have big ideas for hawx 3 which sounds good, and the drm will be gone too. could actually be playable online as well. here are some screenshots from earlier

http://www.abload.de/img/hawx2_dx11_2011_05_04_v7bk.png
http://www.abload.de/img/17jyc.png
http://www.abload.de/img/248ep.png
http://www.abload.de/img/hawx2_dx11_2011_05_04_zl1g.png
http://www.abload.de/img/hawx2_dx11_2011_05_04_h9rw.png

Dizzy-4U

The Settlers 7 is awesome. I need to resume my playthrough once I finish with Armored Princess.

Anyways, some ME2 shots. They are pretty old, can't remember if I already posted them or not.
masseffect22011-01-161bcj6.png

The textures for the clothes look pretty bad. I couldn't find any mod yet. The faces looks nice at least...
masseffect22011-02-111khzd.png

Oblivion is still a stupidly pretty game. Can't wait for my replay this summer before Skyrim.

I couldn't get the mods to work when I last tried, though, so I'll be playing vanilla.

Echoplx

Stallion Free said:
Wiki says it was built on the HydroEngine. It didn't feel or look UE3 to me so I'm inclined to agree with the Wiki.

Well it looks very similar, probably should have googled it.

Echoplx

Just noticed in the OP it lists imgur as crap, what's wrong with them? I can't see any compression in my shots (converted from BMPs to JPEGs using CS5)

Nekrono

3chopl0x said:
Just noticed in the OP it lists imgur as crap, what's wrong with them? I can't see any compression in my shots (converted from BMPs to JPEGs using CS5)
There's tons of compression in all your shots, check the first shot of your last post... the edges of the destroyed buildings for example. The text on the center of the screen as well.

If you want my advice use abload.de

Divius

3chopl0x said:
It's there and it's pretty obvious once you take a better look at the images.

edit: derp, beaten while I was admiring this page and it's beautiful shots.

Stallion Free said:
Wiki says it was built on the HydroEngine. It didn't feel or look UE3 to me so I'm inclined to agree with the Wiki.

Those shots have that particular softness that UE3 DOF causes, but it's probably a fairly standard DX post-processing effect rather than being a UE3 thing.

Echoplx

Nekrono said:
There's tons of compression in all your shots, check the first shot of your last post... the edges of the destroyed buildings for example. The text on the center of the screen as well.

If you want my advice use abload.de

Ah yeh, looking closer i can see it, re-uploading them all :(

Divius

3chopl0x said:
Better now?
Yes. And now I'm also convinced to give MoH:A a chance! I've had it for some time, but never played it.

Couple-of-hours-later-edit: Decided to play Medal of Honor first, MoH:Airborne might follow later.

So this is Medal of Honor. 1920x1200, all maxed out and I find the graphics quite underwhelming. I also find if offensive my fellow-bro's can climb and scale walls and shit, while I am the only one who needs help.

moh2011-05-1019-28-31-gnrz.png

moh2011-05-1019-32-43-duun.png

Divius

Foliorum Viridum said:
I wouldn't call that underwhelming, I'd say it's downright ugly.
In it's defense; it looks better in motion.

ZZMitch said:
Does Medal of Honor (the new one) not have any AA?
There's an option for it in the settings, I turned it on. Maybe I should try to force it.

desu

&Divius said:
Yes. And now I'm also convinced to give MoH:A a chance! I've had it for some time, but never played it.

Couple-of-hours-later-edit: Decided to play Medal of Honor first, MoH:Airborne might follow later.

So this is Medal of Honor. 1920x1200, all maxed out and I find the graphics quite underwhelming. I also find if offensive my fellow-bro's can climb and scale walls and shit, while I am the only one who needs help.

Game has its pretty sides as well (imho).

Brink

brink2011-05-1020-12-4wudk.jpg

brink2011-05-1022-20-3dnoa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom