• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
And now for something different, Lost Horizon since I was testing whether any of my Amazon digital downloads actually work.

fsasgame2011-05-0123-46l1m.jpg

fsasgame2011-05-0200-2jzsu.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Lost Horizon.

fsasgame2011-05-0200-2exqx.jpg

fsasgame2011-05-0200-1cbpi.jpg

It looks nice in places but is very cheesy. The voice acting is probably rather bad too. :p At least I'm finally to a part of the game where I am running around looking for stuff to solve puzzles. I got the game for $5 so I'm not going to be too brokenhearted even if it's terrible.

demolitio

legacyzero said:
It chugs really bad for me too. I have a 3.2 quad and it's also OCed. One of the only games I have that I have to scale back to make it run.
I have no problem scaling it back, but the fact that it's the same framerate even at the lowest resolution and settings even allowed pisses me off. :D

Nice screens of COP so far. It makes me want to install it again but that's a problem I usually end up having every single time I enter this thread. Must....show....restraint!!

iNvid02

hawx2
edit: wow that looks a bit too good, need to point out its resized down
to 1080p from 2560x1600, had dx11 tesselation with max settings/aa too.

hawx2_dx11_2011_05_04_v7bk.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm getting the hang of the demo, I levelled up once and saw how the core stuff works. The game is quickly drawing me in and I can already see the sinister potential the story holds under the introductory fluff I have to go through. It might not look it, but it's been a joy to play after I got over the initial annoyances and disappointment with certain details. It's basically fun like Infinity Engine games used to be, though not as ambitious. It's trying to be more accessible too, so don't expect the same depth in every way (such as combat, it's neat but it's no d&d). That Lexrem fellow was more interesting than he looks in that screenshot, too...
5bb399a9db3462b8980d7e74e82bc1ed4a284be8.png
cdc7db17c7515749e0899b725f7c450abedca46c.png

Alexios

Oh and seeing the screenshots before mine, yay, role playing game overdose! By the way, if this batch looks a little weird, I've set the text to a larger size than default because I'm playing it windowed, hence the 720p setting too.
d55e50f7993db04ee69c6747581fddef3537eebb.png
5b2aa76f0a6d27d4e0ebca684ce6a83a0eddb63a.png

Sanjay

legacyzero said:
Edit: Better? Sorry for all the stretched shots... Still kind of a PC noob. Thanks for teaching me GAF.

What is this heresy? you should be calling us stuck-up, smug, elitist PC snobs and not being grateful for knowledge. Much to learn you still have padawan but this is the beginning.

thundr51

scitek said:
Blur Pics

VERY NICE. Still trying to get rig to go full screen (non-windowed) at 1920x1080. No matter what I try it either crashes or my monitor tells me the resolution isn't supported... I can get other games to work at that res but not Blur, ideas? running a OCd 5870.

demolitio

Holy shit is HAWX 2 gorgeous. I would have mistaken the first picture as real life if it wasn't for the planes looking weird. They were the only things that looked fake in the scene due to the weird lighting on them.

Great pictures though. I almost want to find a cheap copy to play through.

Lime

Is HAWX 2 playable with HOTAS? And how sim contra arcadey is it? I'll definitely pick it up if it goes on sale somewhere.

Probably just me, but STALKER looks incredibly ugly. It's like they just decided "detail maps everywhere up in this bitch". There is also a large gap between the quality of textures and other effects, such as lighting and shading. Everything has a similar brown color too. Artistically it's just not good.

nexen

jim-jam bongs said:
Wow, HAWX looks amazing. Makes me wish I played flight sims.
Well, if it plays anything like HAWX 1 then you are in luck.

Damn Lost Horizon looks like my cup of tea, it sucks you say?

Also: WHY DOESN'T SPIDERWEB PUBLISH ON STEAM?!

Alexios

nexen said:
Also: WHY DOESN'T SPIDERWEB PUBLISH ON STEAM?!
They probably will eventually (maybe not, this is just an assumption), but there's not much reason to wait. They've been going for 17 years already, not exactly your average indie that may close any moment and be unable to provide support.

Lime

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Probably just me, but STALKER looks incredibly ugly. It's like they just decided "detail maps everywhere up in this bitch". There is also a large gap between the quality of textures and other effects, such as lighting and shading. Everything has a similar brown color too. Artistically it's just not good.

No, you are not alone, I feel the same way. Tried getting into it with Complete and all that jazz, but it just looked too ugly to me (and it is possible to portray ugliness in a good way, especially considering it's post-apocalyptic world, but Stalker just didn't achieve this. At all.)

nexen

Alextended said:
They probably will eventually (maybe not, this is just an assumption), but there's not much reason to wait. They've been going for 17 years already, not exactly your average indie that may close any moment and be unable to provide support.
I have no worries about them closing shop, I just want them on Steam because I'm under the impression that it would eventually lead to them lowering their prices, one way or another.
I'm such a cheap bastard I very rarely pay more than $20 for any game and the prices on his website never go down.

Alexios

They had a 50% sale at some point if I remember right. But it's probably gonna be a while for Avadon's turn. Some games, Avadon included, are on GamersGate.

nexen

Alextended said:
They had a 50% sale at some point if I remember right. But it's probably gonna be a while for Avadon's turn.
At this point the entire Avernum series should be sub $20, imho.
Geneforge 2 is still $25 all by itself. How old are they now? :[

nexen

Hot damn those are some great Hot Pursuit shots.
Wish the framerate was stable on my machine.
60 60 60 60 10 10 10 60 60 60...

sigh

Alexios

I like the size of the areas and their multiple layers (the second I just visited and wandered so not much is uncovered) :)
f35bf0c8eacca7992d5255ac9090c35bb77d03b1.png
fb358595899cc30f5089c4e865e13250052e5a3b.png

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
golem said:
How do you do that?
1. Formated a usb thumb drive so the 360 can see it, and moved my saved game files to it.
2. Attach usb key to computer, and set folder options to show hidden files & folders. Moved file onto my computer
3. download a small app. USBXTAFGUI and run it and you just point to the folder and it will extract the files.
4. Open extracted files with Gibbed (I used one called Modified-Gibbed) and then just resave the file from .xbsav to .pcsav
5. you want to change your character, which I used the face texture of Ashley Williams, a different hair inside the game and played with the eyes. Want to get the eye color closer to the Illusive Man, so still working on it. These can be done inside the Gibbed utility.

golem

Arkaerial said:
1. Formated a usb thumb drive so the 360 can see it, and moved my saved game files to it.
2. Attach usb key to computer, and set folder options to show hidden files & folders. Moved file onto my computer
3. download a small app. USBXTAFGUI and run it and you just point to the folder and it will extract the files.
4. Open extracted files with Gibbed (I used one called Modified-Gibbed) and then just resave the file from .xbsav to .pcsav
5. you want to change your character, which I used the face texture of Ashley Williams, a different hair inside the game and played with the eyes. Want to get the eye color closer to the Illusive Man, so still working on it. These can be done inside the Gibbed utility.
Awesome thanks

Gvaz

Banned
Arkaerial said:
Yeah, this is the best face/hair in the game. I hope they improve this shit for 3

Ahhh I need to finish TW but I also want to play COP.

legacyzero

Banned
Mr. Spinnington said:
fuck. i mus tbe strong. already bought NFS:HP

today i learned Silent Hill 3 was ported to PC. i trust it's the best way to play at this point?

It sure is. I just did it too and it's phenomenal!

Blizzard

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Blizzard you've reminded me I need to buy and play Lost Horizon! It looks so damn good.
I'm glad someone liked them! I will try to post a few more if I play more. I don't like to discourage, but...you really might want to wait for a $5-10 sale. The game looks nice but is rather mediocre at least early on. My opinion might change by the end of course. 77 metacritic, so if you like cheesy Indiana Jones-ish adventures you might still like it. :)

If ANYONE figures out the exact magic (RadeonPro settings or whatever) for AA in Hot Pursuit on ATI cards, please post your alchemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom