• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaNoid

Banned
My glorious T34 in World of Tanks

000847941FDE7F94295D9B855E91758D1CEC9006

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ctw0e said:
Do you get any performance hit?

Also, how do you enable SSAA?

I can run all the source engine games at a locked 60 fps with super sampling on, engine is super optimized (and 7 years old =p)

As to how you enable it, well that depends on your graphics card. I use RadeonPro. If you're on an nVidia card I hear good things about nVidia Inspector.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
TheVampire said:
Holy shit, that single shot has convinced me to finally install the game and download the mod. That is easily the most beautiful, realistic nighttime screenshot I've ever seen.

Edit: Turns out my computer can't run the game well without looking like total shit. Yet another reason why I really want a high-end gaming PC.

Smash88

Banned
CriginsMcJuggs said:
I see your user name in that game is SuperN...

SuperÑ
Banned
(09-27-2010, 10:11 AM)
Reply | Quote

I see you are a snitch...? Snitches get stitches.

Also that guys post date (or date banned) is way after when he signed up. Probably not the same person.

Honestly, who cares? Why make a big deal out of it?

Edit: Just don't go around accusing people without hard evidence, plus it's the mods job to deal with this, not ours.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
scitek said:
What's better? In-game 8xMSAA or 4xSSAA?

Supersampling for sure. It's a more thorough process and removes the jaggies from *everything* whereas MSAA only removes jaggies from polygon edges.

Erudite

Grabbed No More Heroes 2 for $10 yesterday, and got sick of looking at the Wii's lackluster hardware capabilities. Decided to try out the Dolphin Emulator, and while far from perfect (random freezing, cutscenes are out of sync with the audio), it's much easier on the eyes. Hopefully I can find a way to sort out the issues mentioned.
No%20More%20Heroes%202%20(2).png

No%20More%20Heroes%202%20(1).png

demolitio

Ugh, don't make me want to reinstall ARMA 2 again. I always want to play it but still can't get around a weird problem of only having 23 FPS no matter what settings I'm on yet I get around 60 while flying. :(

I really, really need to play through the Stalker games. I picked up Call of Pirpyat and Shadows of Chernobyl a while back and haven't touched them.

Divius

Dammit, now I wanna play STALKER. Those screens (and all of them posted in here before) look so cool. Tried it once before, but couldn't really get into it.

edit: Guess I'll give COP a shot.

legacyzero

Banned
&Divius said:
Dammit, now I wanna play STALKER. Those screens (and all of them posted in here before) look so cool. Tried it once before, but couldn't really get into it.

edit: Guess I'll give COP a shot.

I was the same way. The game starts off kind of flat. Just keep at it and it will gradually ramp up. Soon than later, you'll find yourself going to all sorts of creepy places. And the COP Complete mod is a MUST if your rig can take it. As a matter of fact, I found that COMPLETE made it run a bit smoother (less choke-ups)

demolitio said:
Ugh, don't make me want to reinstall ARMA 2 again. I always want to play it but still can't get around a weird problem of only having 23 FPS no matter what settings I'm on yet I get around 60 while flying. :(
A good bet would be that you're bottlenecked by your CPU, as I am whenever I try to run that game.

demolitio

Danne-Danger said:
A good bet would be that you're bottlenecked by your CPU, as I am whenever I try to run that game.
Yea, that's what I hear a lot. I have a decent quad-core at 2.8GHz though so I didn't expect it to make the game unplayable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom