• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

DS2

ds2_6qnyk.jpg

ds2_5fuda.jpg

Thumb is spoilerish.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
tuurdlqu0.jpg

cpnsnbh7.jpg

finished up this playthrough, ready to jump into ME2

always get just a bit emotional when I finish a ME1 playthrough, the closing cutscene is so triumphant

Divius

AWWWW YEAH
Just messing around. It's Portal (1)
2011-04-17_00001lys2.jpg

Excuse the jpg artifacts, I tried out the steam screenshot function. Never again!

Fitz

Snuggler said:
finished up this playthrough, ready to jump into ME2

always get just a bit emotional when I finish a ME1 playthrough, the closing cutscene is so triumphant

Totally, finished replaying through ME1 myself last night, the end series of events when you reach Saren until the end is so epic.

Also here's a few random Mako shots:

Fitz

The sun here looks like like the one the Illusive Man is sitting by, the way it moves especially. No idea if they're supposed to be connected, but it would be cool, considering this is the mission where you stop a large Geth attack, and the Illusive Man having those Bionic eyes and all.

Ningo

Tweaks: Third person, disabled thick outlines. 4X SS. Depth of field off.
HBAO off (don't like the weird effect is causes on the outlines of objects and characters)

I'm having some trouble. Maybe someone in here can give me a hand. I've noticed that textures aren't loading properly in my games and I don't know why.

i5 2500k
2x 5870
8gb ram

I reinstalled the most recent amd driver. This is disappointing. Hopefully I'll be able to get it worked out before portal shows up tomorrow.

ex (HL2e2: very high textures):

Divius

Last two. Everyone should play this game btw. Source engine is well updated and the game looks great, but it's getting a bit old.

portal22011-04-1919-29lkmn.png

portal22011-04-1919-32ymx3.png

ShdwDrake

Banned
Oh god, Portal 2 looks awesome. I can't wait till I get my 6870 (upgrading from a 4870 512) to go with my Phenom II X4 965 and 4GB of ram... it will be glorious.

iNvid02

Stallion Free said:
I always enjoy your shots and these COD screens are no exception.

im just enjoying pc gaming, massive step up from my ps3. every game i've played so far has looked good to me at least, some have looked amazing .pcftw

edit: last2, story interested me but gameplay was too over the top

157pf.png

2r750.png

blackMamba1187 said:
I'm having some trouble. Maybe someone in here can give me a hand. I've noticed that textures aren't loading properly in my games and I don't know why.

i5 2500k
2x 5870
8gb ram

I reinstalled the most recent amd driver. This is disappointing. Hopefully I'll be able to get it worked out before portal shows up tomorrow.

ex (HL2e2: very high textures):

The same thing was happening to me when I was playing through Dragon Age on my ATI 5650. I was able to fix it by going into CCC and sliding the "mip-map detail level" bar towards quality. The drivers randomly set it to highest performance which seem to override the in-game texture settings.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The first shot is kind of plain but I really like how the cracks in the glass make shadows in the environment.

portal22011-04-2002-05cpbk.jpg

portal22011-04-2002-187p3c.jpg

jediyoshi

heyf00L said:
Probably just enabled it in console. All Source games have 3rd person, although not all of them have 3rd person character animations.

Technically. They all do have 'thirdperson' which throws the camera back and centered behind the player, but it's never been practical for most games. They added a polished up version called 'thirdpersonshoulder' which is just how it sounds. There's a lack of a crosshair though so anything involving distances is pretty rough.

Portal 2 Third Person - (early chapter 2 footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom