• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSN2K

cheers, its Bale look alike design I found on mass effect faces site...

541.8JD.LTF.A3G.EAV.1AD.MDJ.5PG.GD8.1K6.126.5

some more shots as well!
MassEffect2-2011-04-21-18-40-34-47.jpg

MassEffect2-2011-04-21-18-43-55-93.jpg

JackEtc

Portal 2, I know, so original.

Maxed out, 8x AA, 16x Filtering, but the screenshots don't show AA at all for some reason (if someone has a fix for this, holler.)

Dat water

portal22011-04-2112-54tp84.png

burgerdog

No one has posted Super 8 interactive trailer shots yet?

edit
Posted two! Hm, you guys must check it out, these shots don't do it justice. There are some cool lighting changes in the demo that are hard to capture in screens. Bodes well for Episode 3 looking great.

portal22011-04-2117-480r92.jpg

portal22011-04-2117-50fojr.jpg

neoism said:
Is metro worth it fo 9.99 just for the graphics...
I have a
radoen 5870
i5 720
8gb ram
?

If you're even open to the idea of buying a game for the graphics, then the answer is absolutely yes. It's not stellar as a game but it's solid.

legacyzero

Banned
Took the chance and bought Borderlands. Didn't feel like I gave it a good enough chance on the 360. Kinda sucks I missed the sale the other day.
075328217ce530d9773e058cd194831f0b9fa592.jpg

84f419a7ae98e3916d91ccb06ed6ca74f0e0a90d.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Colkate said:
Cool looking face you've got there. Seems pretty rare to see custom ME faces that don't look like shit.

I kinda cheated by using a face I found online as a starting point, but I finally managed a decent Fem Shepard face with my current playthrough.

niceshep2fe50.jpg

niceshepaf39.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks. Seeing how Chell animates, I think I'll save it for the next playthrough, but it makes the shots look really cool.

Gvaz

Banned
The Broken Ska Record said:
Are the screenshots on this page from Mass Effect, or ME2? I just don't like the way ME1 looks on my computer. And I have everything maxed out.

Mass Effect 2, other than the obvious design choices (harder lines) in the sequel amongst other things, you can tell by the face scars only prevalent in ME2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah. I've only played about 20 minutes of ME1, but the textured sucked when I maxed it out.

Yeah, it has some bafflingly low res textures mixed in. Overall I adore the way the game looks thanks to the art style and the way it's presented, but it's a shame that Bioware (or whoever did the port) didn't take the time to up res some of the textures since they really stand out. Garrus's face looks like the floor in a PS1 game.

Gvaz

Banned
Ah. I've only played about 20 minutes of ME1, but the textures sucked when I maxed it out. I was hoping there was a mod to get a better looking game out of it.
His textures are rather low.

Here's mine, it showcases the huge difference pretty well I think. Compare his skull ridges to other parts of his armor.

masseffect22010-01-281w9wc.jpg

Sober

Snuggler said:
Yeah, it has some bafflingly low res textures mixed in. Overall I adore the way the game looks thanks to the art style and the way it's presented, but it's a shame that Bioware (or whoever did the port) didn't take the time to up res some of the textures since they really stand out. Garrus's face looks like the floor in a PS1 game.
It's weird considering that's where the camera zooms in during dialog, you get their entire upper half of their body, shoulders and chest and neck included. And that's where all the lower res textures are. I mean, their belt buckles could be blurrier instead, it's just really confusing how they reached that conclusion.

It's almost like if someone made a shooter that uses iron sights but they devoted almost zero space to that portion of the weapon on the texture map (or effort) even if you spend 45% of the time looking at it.

Hawk269

Are the screenshots on this page from Mass Effect, or ME2? I just don't like the way ME1 looks on my computer. And I have everything maxed out.

I am just getting into PC gaming and was wondering what dont you like about ME1 in regards to the looks? I just pulled the trigger since EA store had it on sale today for $14.00. Are there any mods to make it look better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom