• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

DuoFuzz

Neo Member
Thanks for the link magawolaz, I'll look into it.

I've tried uploading some more shots at 1024x768, they fill the screen better but they still look grainy to me.

Is there any preferred way of hosting images on here?

Radec

LFA

5269516388_c6d7742435_b.jpg

5268893231_310a89e7ff_b.jpg

5268900713_f7e933843c_b.jpg

Lancer Evo X

5217341224_2792c3b9d0_b.jpg

5216748897_e9150bf86c_b.jpg

5217342118_a7d3a332e2_b.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Even without photo-mode, PD has really nailed the car shader like no other game has. PC games push better image quality, but even games like Shift 2 doesn't have as good of a car-shader as GT5.

I still like looking in this thread so long after the release. A shame that I don't enjoy racing sims that much.

Smokey

Thunderbear said:
Even without photo-mode, PD has really nailed the car shader like no other game has. PC games push better image quality, but even games like Shift 2 doesn't have as good of a car-shader as GT5.

I still like looking in this thread so long after the release. A shame that I don't enjoy racing sims that much.

Shift 2 looks like trash, even on PC.

It's too bad that GT5 still had some old school mechanisms that turned me off from the game. I want to like it but some of PD design choices killed it for me. I bought a g27 just for this game too :/

Xanadu

Banned
Thunderbear said:

yea because it actually looks like that in game right? and Shift 2 is just a console port. it doesnt look any better on PC minus the resolution and multisampling

DuoFuzz

Neo Member
I think I've sorted out the resolution problems I was having with my photos. I've switched from Imgur to Flickr and they seem sharper to me.

Anyway here is some standard car pics to see how they look.

nib95

Banned
Awesome shots as always guys. This one however looks closest to real on this page.

5268893231_310a89e7ff_b.jpg

And these from the previous page!

LKD8b.jpg

0zZ1F.jpg

208406Toscane11.jpg

TXdYL.jpg

Atruvius

Just got the game few days ago, so this is just my second photo in the game. I think it looks all right. I don't know what all those camera options do....
5940590244_f387e73b41_z.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo. Just bought it, painted it and now entering a race with it for the first time.

Is flikr making the photo a bit blurry or is it just me?

Paches

Thanks for these updates guys, the shots continue to blow me away. I don't think it is hyperbole to say that some of those you could mistake for real life. Nice work.

gate777

Afrikan said:
OMG Gate...Gawd Daaaaaamn! O_O

:) Thanks Afrikan, those cars are from the chrome line bonus cars from the collectors edition of GT5, sexy right? I f'n LOVE Gran Turismo!!

Some more in-game shots from the last few races below. That's my B-speccer in the Xanavi Nismo at Nurburgring GP-F and me in the Corvette RM at Laguna Seca.

5947714220_c21cbbc88a_b.jpg

5947713654_4e22936642_b.jpg

5947713050_0e1554114e_b.jpg

5947712236_d1dce8f6a2_b.jpg

5947711494_2589b987db_b.jpg

5947155227_c49d78782e_b.jpg

5947154413_379d5ab9fd_b.jpg

5947709018_b0542fe72d_b.jpg

DuoFuzz

Neo Member
A few muscle car shots from awhile back.

Finally, I found this little detail on the window glass of the 2010 Camaro SS. Crazy!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any way to get these in 1080p...? I monitor wants a new desktop wallpaper and this thread is full of goodies... but they're not in 1080p :(?

gate777

^^
You need to specify which photos you want, all pictures that are taken in GT5 are typically in 16x9 1080p but photo hosting sites automatically downsize them.

PM the person you want photos from, I'm sure they'll send them to you.

DuoFuzz

Neo Member
Thanks for positive words SunnyMan and Grover!

This thread gets better and better, the shots been posted recently is just amazing.

Here's some more chrome car shots.

Broseybrose

DuoFuzz said:
Thanks for positive words SunnyMan and Grover!

This thread gets better and better, the shots been posted recently is just amazing.

Here's some more chrome car shots.

Is there a specific way to get those chrome chips?

DuoFuzz

Neo Member
Hi Broseybrose

For every 30th car you get in your garage (30, 60, 90, 120, etc) a message appears on the home page stating that you have earned a new horn (why god why!) and a special paint chip. It's normally a Matte paint but sometimes the chrome silver or gold will appear. The message asks you to hit the OK button to continue but if it's not the colour you want do not press OK, leave it and quit the game straight away. I repeat do not hit OK, quit the game.

Reload the game and when it gets back to the home page it will show you the same message but the paint colour (and the horn!) should be different, repeat this till you get the chip you need and only then hit OK to close the message. It's a long winded process but keep doing this and sooner or later the chrome chips will appear.

If you have a second account you can save the paints to it and use the duplicate save file trick to make copies of the paint chip.

Hope this helps.

Broseybrose

DuoFuzz said:
Hi Broseybrose

For every 30th car you get in your garage (30, 60, 90, 120, etc) a message appears on the home page stating that you have earned a new horn (why god why!) and a special paint chip. It's normally a Matte paint but sometimes the chrome silver or gold will appear. The message asks you to hit the OK button to continue but if it's not the colour you want do not press OK, leave it and quit the game straight away. I repeat do not hit OK, quit the game.

Reload the game and when it gets back to the home page it will show you the same message but the paint colour (and the horn!) should be different, repeat this till you get the chip you need and only then hit OK to close the message. It's a long winded process but keep doing this and sooner or later the chrome chips will appear.

If you have a second account you can save the paints to it and use the duplicate save file trick to make copies of the paint chip.

Hope this helps.
Excellent! Thanks for going into so much detail. Great tip!

just a shame they screwed up with the f10 and f1 2007 by allowing the wheels to drop through the track.

the resulting force feedback effects will kill your wheel's internals.

Broseybrose

That '65 Giulia is also one of my absolute favorite cars in the game. Nice pics! By everyone! Inspired me to upload the few that Ive taken in the past weeks.

Road%252520Course%252520-%252520Indy.jpg

Cape%252520Ring%252520Periphery.jpg

Tsukuba%252520Circuit.jpg

Tsukuba%252520Circuit.jpg

Autumn%252520Ring%252520Mini.jpg

Superspeedway%252520-%252520Daytona.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Xanadu said:
yea because it actually looks like that in game right? and Shift 2 is just a console port. it doesnt look any better on PC minus the resolution and multisampling

The car shaders do yeah... I would love to see what PD could do using exclusively a i7 core, 8GB of ram, and a 3GB 590GTX. All I am saying is that the artistic and technical attention to detail in their car shaders make them look more real than any other game I've seen. Image Quality, which is enhanced in these photos, is another story. The car shader is the same one used in-game.

Top Bottom