• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw the video. yeah. it was okay. nothing special

was on holiday and sat down with the album on planes/buses and I really like electric chapel and the queen. I hope she does singles+videos for both.

Gaga is releasing those videos pretty quickly. The first single/video was in February? Already the fourth one now? Barely 6 months in all. They're charting below expectations and dropping more quickly?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Koodo said:
Apparently it's some guy from the Vampire Diaries.
Aww I should known since I enjoyed his shirtless episodes

P7sM7.gif

2iie9l4.gif

Koodo

Banned
Instigator said:
Gaga is releasing those videos pretty quickly. The first single/video was in February? Already the fourth one now? Barely 6 months in all. They're charting below expectations and dropping more quickly?
Judas flopped in North America, so it practically didn't even exist. If you take that one out, the singles' releases have been on a normal schedule, perhaps only a bit compressed.

She certainly spaced them out more in the Fame Monster era though.

Rookje

Marry The Night should of been picked as a single :(

I guess they didn't want to do anymore "religious" singles? idk...

3phemeral

Well, apparently there will be 9 total singles, so you still got hope. I'm hoping Bloody Mary gets a vid, that chorus is definitely radio friendly.

If I had to guess the other five singles...

- Scheiße
- Americano
- Marry The Night
- Hair
- Fashion of His Love

The video's starting to make more sense. She used to be a mermaid, and he did surgery on her or something (the Frankenstein's bride shit) and made her human again (the clips of her as a brunette are her near/at completion). And now she's coming back to find him, where they will get married.

And then she makes out with herself.

Whether it made sense or not is beside the point for me. It's another chance to see her just throw herself into imagery in a pure fuck it all 80s way.

Love is not too strong a word. Gorgeous vid.

Mermaid guy was aces, but I still would have loved some of the leather harness and booty shorts girls to have been hot menses.

I do hope she releases a made for the plebes version of just her in a honkytonk sorta setting. You know a CMT crossover visual?

With Bjork back in the spotlight and a new album on the horizon, it really shows up what a talentless, formulaic hack this "female artist" is; if only her songs were as noteworthy as her meat suits and foot long high-heels. Talk about overcompensating for a lack of musical breadth and substance.

Acquiescence said:
With Bjork back in the spotlight and a new album on the horizon, it really shows up what a talentless, formulaic hack this "female artist" is; if only her songs were as noteworthy as her meat suits and foot long high-heels. Talk about overcompensating for a lack of musical breadth and substance.

Baseless comment.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Acquiescence said:

not even worth a gif

TheChaos

Gaga needs to stop putting group choreography in every single one of her videos. It does not go with the country rock-ish song at all. Janet Jackson she is not.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The running in the cornfields shots were hilarious. WTF @ the group dancing? Didn't seem to fit. was nice seeing her looking a bit less extreme in the piano bits.

And that guy in the barn was fucking hot. Lordy. *fans self*

3phemeral

Acquiescence said:
openmouth.gif
openmouth.gif
openmouth.gif

Rookje said:
How does gaga do 9 singles and Britney does 4?

Coz she's Gaga and Britney is Britney.

I think this is my favorite video of hers. The visuals are so crisp, she looks amazing, the dancing is memorable and isn't frantic and busy, and of course Jo fuckin' Calderone. Love it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Marius_ said:
not even worth a gif

not even worth a response honestly

obvious troll is obvious

Can I get some screencaps from the part with sexy bluehair gaga? I had such a boner when she had blue hair <3

I don't think the video is meant to be one coherent story, it's more of showing the different kinds of love (lol). I think I can subscribe to this interpretation of the vid, from a random dude who posted on GagaDaily:

think that ultimately about the road of life, destiny and the different types of relationships one can have. The one with yourself, the one with the person that tries to change you - Frankenstein inspired part - the doctor that tries to fix her and the one with the person that FEEDS her fantasy represented by the mermaid and the guy pouring water over her to keep her alive. At the very beginning she comes across a fork on the road where she has to make a decision, the relationship with herself is the first and foremost important "You must love all + every part of me, as must I, for this complex + incomprehensible force to be true." She has to respond to her artistic force from within and her man will have to love her for exactly what she is. I think the ice cream truck and the bionic hand represent THE MACHINE trying to tell her what do to, once again, trying to change her. The guy offers her things and the truck reads FOLLOW THE CROWD, meaning her doing whatever is expected from a contemporary pop artist.

Puddles

Banned
Acquiescence said:

While I'd agree that Bjork is a much better musician, there are much, much more talentless pop stars you could be bashing.

Puddles said:
While I'd agree that Bjork is a much better musician, there are much, much more talentless pop stars you could be bashing.
Definitely, like Ke$ha.

Gaga gets way too much shit.
Sure she's not the most original pop star out there (face it, she isn't), but right now: she's one of the most talented/interesting.

Deal with it.

Monocle

Just saw the new video. Liked it way more than Judas'. Gaga is looking good.

It's perfectly obvious that what she needs to do next is a BDSM themed video for Heavy Metal Lover that makes Madonna's Erotica look like a Saturday morning cartoon. No, seriously, get on that shit.

Edit:
Acquiescence said:
Trolololol. I don't know about you, but I don't choose what music I like based on how "noteworthy" it is. But if that's the game you want to play, then in cultural terms it's tough for an album to get much more noteworthy than being a worldwide chart topper.

zkMZR.jpg

Nemesis_

I think the comparisons to Bjork are dumb.

Really, how are they anything alike? Besides both of them being unconventional, I really don't see any similarities. =/

Monocle

Nemesis556 said:
I think the comparisons to Bjork are dumb.

Really, how are they anything alike? Besides both of them being unconventional, I really don't see any similarities. =/
Well you see, Bjork isn't mainstream, which somehow means that her noteworthiness kicks Gaga's noteworthiness in the cooch. Or something. The point is that you have bad taste and should feel bad.

Nemesis_

I wonder if people think Gaga is copying Bjork. If that's the case, I'd be interested to see evidence.

ALSO NEW AVATAR YAY

Nemesis_

I really wonder if she'll do a version at a piano at the Born This Way Ball (like she did at the later Monster Ball shows) or instead mix it up a bit. I can't really think of another slow song she could do besides Speechless again instead.

THOUGHTS, FELLOW GAGAFFERS?

JackEtc

Nemesis556 said:
I really wonder if she'll do a version at a piano at the Born This Way Ball (like she did at the later Monster Ball shows) or instead mix it up a bit. I can't really think of another slow song she could do besides Speechless again instead.

THOUGHTS, FELLOW GAGAFFERS?
She needs to do more piano only stuff on stage. That's the reason I fell in love with her, and I love seeing it whenever she does it.

I'm also excited to see the dates when she reveals them. Never got to see her during the Monster Ball (didn't have license, parents weren't gonna take me), but now I'd like to. Hopefuly I can find someone to take with me or else 0_0

xaosslug

gosh, Mutt Lange is such a hack. The song sounds like something from the Shania Twain-reject pile meets Seinfeld's Rochelle, Rochelle (musical)... I don't even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom