• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
ay dios mio MUERTO
BT07s.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
For the Haters

Lady Gaga Will Be ‘As Big As Elvis Presley,’ Tony Bennett Says

Legendary jazz performer and fifteen-time Grammy Award winner Tony Bennett thinks Lady Gaga, who is set to appear on his upcoming duets album, will become as big as Elvis Presley.

“I never met a more talented person in my life,” the 85-year-old singer told Billboard. “I think she’s going to become as big as Elvis Presley.”

Lady Gaga joined Bennett for a duet of the jazz standard “The Lady Is a Tramp.” Their rendition of the song will appear as the first track on Duets II, which will be released on September 20th to celebrate the singer’s 85th birthday.

The list of artists on Duets II includes Aretha Franklin, Amy Winehouse, Michael Buble, Norah Jones, Alejandro Sanz, John Mayer, Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Andrea Bocelli and many others. The much-anticipated album is available for pre-order on iTunes now.

Koodo said:
I see a Björk stan has found his way here from the land of flop album sales.

11uyi4o.jpg
Really, Koodo? Biophilia is one of the most innovative music projects in recent memory. Musical quality >>> album sales. I don't care if it doesn't top the charts when it comes out... it's going to be an experience unlike any other. The least you Gaga fans can do is not bash Bjork with baseless shit.

and if we're going off of previous album sales, Volta sold really well.

Kyon

Banned
huge Gagita stan but no way in hell she's gonna be as big as elvis, lets not get carried away here.

OT: isnt Bjork's album gonna be app based only? or is it gonna be a physical album too?

Koodo

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
Really, Koodo? Biophilia is one of the most innovative music projects in recent memory. Musical quality >>> album sales. I don't care if it doesn't top the charts when it comes out... it's going to be an experience unlike any other. The least you Gaga fans can do is not bash Bjork with baseless shit.

You are under the assumption that post merited a good reply.

Hint: it did not.
a9mn9x.jpg

Koodo

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
It's okay. I can be a total asshole, too. Wanna play that game?

Hint: I'd win.
I don't think you can be anything else. Looking forward to your next post about Gaga though, you seem (1) obsessed (2). xoxo

50juxf.jpg

Koodo said:
I don't think you can be anything else. Looking forward to your next post about Gaga though, you seem (1) obsessed (2). xoxo

50juxf.jpg
And I look forward to your absolutely baseless Bjork bashing that is either flat-out wrong or woefully misguided.

Get over yourself. You are not a cool person when it comes to discussing music.

Koodo said:
Hmm, could've sworn this was written by Londa for a second there.
11uyi4o.jpg
Someone doesn't actually read Londa's posts, then. If this were true, I'd have thrown in a useless snipe about racism or try to derail the whole thread into a discussion about black people. But I'm looking forward to the Koodo bandwagon to get in here and lick your nuts for you. Starting below VVVVV

ZephyrFate said:

Have you seen how much Born This Way has sold?

LOL
11uyi4o.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
It's okay. I can be a total asshole, too. Wanna play that game?

Hint: I'd win.

Can be? :lol

Anyways, let's just all get along here and I wish junior nerds could get banned for coming into threads like this and just troll posting.

Love everyone except the trolls. <3

tumblr_lpecevKytg1qdcms1o1_500.gif

Nemesis556 said:
I really wonder if she'll do a version at a piano at the Born This Way Ball (like she did at the later Monster Ball shows) or instead mix it up a bit. I can't really think of another slow song she could do besides Speechless again instead.

THOUGHTS, FELLOW GAGAFFERS?

I have a feeling she'll do 'Hair' exclusively as a piano ballad. She'll probably start doing Edge of Glory acoustically too, then finish it off with a choreographed number.

I never dug 'Hair' as a piano ballad but that's the only way she's performed it so far and she seems to wanna keep it that way (unless it becomes a single). I think it deserves choreography and a crazy-ass stage performance. I can just imagine ridiculous rainbow weaves everywhere. GAY MAGIC.

EDIT: Those VMA promos are amazing. Also who's that in the gif chasing Gaga?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
ZephyrFate said:

Crystalline was great - can't wait for the album. Bjork is an amazing innovator.

the song "Thunderbolt" contains arpeggios, inspired in the space between a lightning is seen and a thunder is heard
Fucking awesome.

JackEtc

Marius_ said:
http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/08/SPL306797_018_full.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Gaga in a bikini? Nice.

[B]EDIT:[/B]

[IMG]http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/08/SPL306077_016_full.jpg

Dat_ass.jpg

Ollie Pooch

ZephyrFate said:
Everything about Biophilia fascinates me. No other artist is doing this.
It's so huge in scope. If anyone can pull it off, it's Bjork. I love the way she thinks about stuff and presents it - that arpeggio thing i posted about earlier is just so cool.

"Dark Matter" features heavy gibberish since the dark matter phenomena are directly "unexplainable"
:O

Sai-kun

Banned
Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Bjorks

;)

I'm pretty excited for Mutual Core, myself. It sounds very dirty and awesome :)

Ollie Pooch

Sai-kun said:
Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Bjorks

;)

I'm pretty excited for Mutual Core, myself. It sounds very dirty and awesome :)
Just searched that one, thanks. Listened to Virus earlier - can't wait to see how this all fits in with the ipad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom