• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Partial Tokyo Game Show Game List Released

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/tgs_partial_list/

Looking just at video game product, the 477 announced titles include:

11 DS games
48 3DS games
17 Xbox 360 games
0 PlayStation 2 games
22 PlayStation 3 games
23 PlayStation Portable games
7 PlayStation Vita games
8 Wii games
33 iPhone games
33 Android games

Split up by genre, the list includes:

83 action games (up from 102 last year)
16 adventure games (down from 12)
16 simulation games (up from 25)
22 shooting games (up from 19)
9 sports games (up from 4)
25 puzzle games (up from 18)
6 racing games (down from 8)
31 role playing games (down from 26)

Arc System Works will be showing all three versions of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (PS3, X360, Vita) and the following unreleased 3DS titles:

Arc Style Solitaire
Okiraku Tennis 3D
Okiraku Bowling 3D
Otegaru Puzzle Series Alize to Mahou no Trump

Sega lists the following games:

Binary Domain (PS3/360)
Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend (PSP)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC)
7th Dragon 2020 (PSP)
Anarchy Reigns (PS3/360)
Sonic Generations (PS3/3DS)

Edit: Lists

29q1dat.jpg

xaaz7.jpg

68yq6b.jpg

2e51v89.jpg

2em0ap5.jpg

2cnjbsi.jpg

2v85t6t.jpg

2572hxs.jpg

21m9sug.jpg

2crtzlu.jpg

9koumx.jpg

fntnyf.jpg

10xv8xx.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
BishopLamont said:

Irony.
However, as stated by Anoop, the list is incomplete.
In fact, for Vita, for example, Sony's titles are yet to be announced... and there can be announcements at the event.

BishopLamont said:
?

You mean if you include the games already announced?

Well, they're not so many, the console will be launched late this year but I'm doubtful there will be a massive run of announcements during the event. 7 titles, + Sony titles... Mmh.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If you look at the list, there are 24~ accessories or something listed for the 3DS (Smart Touch Pen, Cover, Card Pocket). So 48-24 = 24 3DS games.

Takao

Banned
electroplankton said:
Well, they're not so many, the console will be launched late this year but I'm doubtful there will be a massive run of announcements during the event. 7 titles, + Sony titles... Mmh.

Those are just the 7 games publishers have announced they're bringing so far. That list can change, games will be announced (in the build up to and at the event), and some games will be announced but not playable.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
ULTROS! said:
If you look at the list, there are 24~ accessories or something listed for the 3DS (Smart Touch Pen, Cover, Card Pocket). So 48-24 = 24 3DS games.

But also for others there are accessories, as it has always been... even if 3DS has LOTS of accessories, already XD
And, as said for Vita, the list is incomplete

Takao

Banned
BishopLamont said:
Is this how it works? Its not separated?

Yes, there are only 7 "PlayStation Vita" mentions in that gigantic list. 2 of them are middleware engines, lol. The 5 games are from Konami, and Arc System Works.

Takao said:
Those are just the 7 games publishers have announced they're bringing so far. That list can change, games will be announced (in the build up to and at the event), and some games will be announced but not playable.

This will happen also for the other platforms anyway.

ULTROS!

I'll try my best to subtract the accessories/engines from the game list, I'm still playing Dino Crisis though so I'll do it later.

Takao

Banned
Mpl90 said:
Except for Wii :(

If you take out the accessories, and middleware engines, there are 2 Wii games if my eyes aren't fooling me. One is the Dragon Quest Collection, and I want to say the other is Fortune Street but I can't read Japanese so I'm just making a leap there.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mpl90 said:
Irony.
However, as stated by Anoop, the list is incomplete.
In fact, for Vita, for example, Sony's titles are yet to be announced... and there can be announcements at the event.

This list is just playable games also, nevermind announcements before or at the event. I mean in terms of announcements we've already had more Japanese Vita announcements in the last couple of weeks than are on this list.

As for playable games though, of course this is incomplete. But I wouldn't necessarily expect a vast number of Vita playable games - the stuff scheduled for around launch, sure, but the rest I'd expect in announcement/video form only. This TGS for Vita would be akin to the pre-launch expo Nintendo had for 3DS last Jan (where, if Google serves me correctly, there was 16 playable games).

Though to put things in perspective a little, around 20+ other Vita titles - other than what's on this list - have been shown in playable form at other shows, so up to 30 playable Vita games at TGS would not be impossible IMO. But what pubs want to show to the public vs what they're willing to show the press might be rather different things so we'll see...

sublimit

Banned
I wonder how many out of those 48 3DS games will be new,quality titles and not ports,remakes or shovelware.
2-3?

sublimit said:
I wonder how many out of those 48 3DS games will be new,quality titles and not ports,remakes or shovelware.
2-3?

There are no 48 3DS games, 24 of them are accesories, if you check the names (blue pen, pink pen, clear cover, etc).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Sounds interesting, maybe there will be some interesting stuff that will get me to commit to a 3DS. Already this year's TGS is more interesting than last years, at least with the Persona announcements.

ULTROS!

orioto

Good Art™
Hm yeah, i wouldn't be too excited early about those 48 3ds games...

3ds48.jpg

Are those accessories ?
Do they count in the 48 games ?

ULTROS!

orioto said:
Hm yeah, i wouldn't be too excited early about those 48 3ds games...

3ds48.jpg

Are those accessories ?
Do they count in the 48 games ?

Yeah, I counted them manually.

In reality, there are about 24 3DS games, with a mix of game engines. This applies to the others too, Vita has 2 engine marked from what I've read thus the games are really 5 in that list.

matmanx1

Could be some mighty disappointment around here if Vita doesn't get some more game announcements at TGS, especially Japanese centric ones. My perspective might be skewed but it feels like to me that most of the launch titles are Western centric even though the system is hitting Japan first.

Of course we've had Atlus, Gust and Arc's announcements in the last 24 hours which are good but it still feels like there is, at this point, a significant gap in the launch titles that will appeal to the folks in Japan. Monster Hunter HD Vita would certainly fill this gap nicely but I wonder what else we can expect? Can we still expect some surprises for Vita at TGS?

Top Bottom