• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrassleGAF September Edition: Look At The Adjective; "Wrassle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

300784_279141772102106_190656814283936_1338434_4754734_n.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
bean breath said:
It's Plywood's fault. He was the OP of that thread and failed to act. When Bish was threatening to ban someone to set an example, Plywood should have posted a landslide of gifs. I would have gladly followed his lead and taken a banning. In my mind, everyone else would have followed and Bish would have to scramble to lock the thread before he had anymore blood on his hands. Then while we're chilling with our championship titles, crashing comic-con and going to Cubs games, Jdfox187, jaekwon15 and Frankman can have this thread to themselves to discuss the important matters concerning Sports Entertainment. After about 2 days of that B.S., they'd be bending over backwards to reinstate us.

Instead, Plywood hid away like that coward, Sin Cara, and we're left here with our quotas. Which reminds me:

Is this not the most homoerotic wrestling gif you've ever seen?
http://i.imgur.com/5XQzl.gif[/img]
I really don't get how I got injected into this angle but

I KNOW YOUR ANGER

I KNOW YOUR DREAMS

I'VE BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO BE

Shick Brithouse said:
Has there really been an explanation as to why the 1 pic by each poster per 100 posts came into play? There has to be a logical reason other than "because bish-op said so!", right? I really want to know why this rule came up. Is it because it strains the servers?

Because here's my issue with it. I don't post pics in here, but I usually enjoy the ones that do. It's not obnoxious(most of the time), and for the first time in a long time these threads have gathered enough fans where more people participate and post to where we have a nice group of posters. And for the first time in a long time, we could realistically go back to the weekly threads like we used to have(I know we won't).

Our humor and funny gifs don't infect other threads like pony-GAF did or other memes and stupid shit. We keep everything in here. So what if discussion gets detailed on occasion? There are only a handful of shows each week, two if you don't care about TNA, so there is bound to be a lull in the conversation.

Since bish really doesn't post here, it only stands to reason that someone here tattled enough that they became a thorn in his side forcing him to lay down the law. If that's the case I think that's chicken shit. Bish should tell us who did it so we can deal with it ourselves, on accordance with the tos. Last time Frankman took the rap for it, but I really don't think he did it then. He made a comment, mwg was squashed but he just never denied it. Probably because it wouldn't matter what he said, nobody would believe him anyway.

So bish, I ask you. Please explain why you made this rule for us. It isn't enforced in any other thread. Why us? Hopefully you won't ban me for asking, I really want to understand.
It's to keep any sort of a Midnight WrestleGAF from happening again. In my opinion, Midnight WrestleGAF wasn't that bad, but I totally understand it being a nuisance to others. A barrage of image posts in a thread aimed for not only just images, but discussions as well can be nauseating for people to have to sift through. You're right in that the meme didn't extend and derailed other threads, but I guess rules are rules in the end.

I'm sure in a while from now, that rule won't be around or at least it will be loosened up. I don't mind it at all. Although the gifs were funny, at least the rule prevents complaining. At least we can still post gifs albeit in a slower frequency. It's not the end of the world.

We can still laugh and have fun without multiple gifs posted.

In other news, I hate the Kenny King tattoo. I'd wish people would STOP getting tattoos on their face. I'm alright with tattoos everywhere else but on one's face.

Shick Brithouse said:
Yeah he did say this, but to me its a copout. For one, he doesn't post in the threads, so unless he's lurking, its not an issue, and even as a lurked its a non issue. I want to know who the thread snitch is. If I had to guess it'd be Gallant.
That would be weird as shit.

HeySeuss

NoRéN said:
If I remember correctly, Bish did say something about it being nice to have some actual discussion in here now.
Yeah he did say this, but to me its a copout. For one, he doesn't post in the threads, so unless he's lurking, its not an issue, and even as a lurked its a non issue. I want to know who the thread snitch is. If I had to guess it'd be Gallant.

Shick Brithouse said:
That would be a huge swerve. Gallant was the Midnight Wrasslegaf champion. He even went so far as to make his own wrestling thread the first time Bish poppped in here. The only time he gets irate is when people poison this thread with TNA talk and especially Sting. It's possible that last flurry of Sting gifs from last month set him off but I doubt it.

Doesn't really matter to me honestly, I understand the rule. People would post genuinely interesting comments or questions and no one would respond. That's normal, thats internet forum 101. But when they get ignored because people would rather laugh and have fun posting funny pics, gifs, and video clips, for some reason that sets them off like crazy.

If you have a good comment or question and you don't want it to get buried, just garnish it with a tasteful wrassling gif or a post title.

HeySeuss

bean breath said:
That would be a huge swerve. Gallant was the Midnight Wrasslegaf champion. He even went so far as to make his own wrestling thread the first time Bish poppped in here. The only time he gets irate is when people poison this thread with TNA talk and especially Sting. It's possible that last flurry of Sting gifs from last month set him off but I doubt it.
Great so we've established his motive.

Gestahl

bean breath said:
Doesn't really matter to me honestly, I understand the rule. People would post genuinely interesting comments or questions and no one would respond. That's normal, thats internet forum 101. But when they get ignored because people would rather laugh and have fun posting funny pics, gifs, and video clips, for some reason that sets them off like crazy.

Posting the same stupid shit over and over again isn't funny.

Quick, someone post that one Booker T tweet again, it'll be funny the 136th time I'm sure

looking at the picture again Austin looks like CM punks dad who is disappointed his son wont drink a beer (King of the Hill style)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Plywood said:
Man, the intro song to Superstars is better than Smackdown's by a mile.

Can't believe Truth is on Superstars now, ffs.

My guess is that they're trying to attract an audience for it.

bean breath said:
That Punk-Helmsley video package actually made me want to see Helmsley Pedigree Punk and win at NOC. Impressive.
Fuck that, I want Punk to bring back the Pepsi Plunge for one night only. Take down Hx3 with his own move.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Skiptastic said:
Fuck that, I want Punk to bring back the Pepsi Plunge for one night only. Take down Hx3 with his own move.
Why did you write 'Hx3' if HHH takes the same amount of characters?

Carnby

bean breath said:
It's Plywood's fault. He was the OP of that thread and failed to act. When Bish was threatening to ban someone to set an example, Plywood should have posted a landslide of gifs. I would have gladly followed his lead and taken a banning. In my mind, everyone else would have followed and Bish would have to scramble to lock the thread before he had anymore blood on his hands. Then while we're chilling with our championship titles, crashing comic-con and going to Cubs games, Jdfox187, jaekwon15 and Frankman can have this thread to themselves to discuss the important matters concerning Sports Entertainment. After about 2 days of that B.S., they'd be bending over backwards to reinstate us.

Neogaf is held to a standard that is above all other bulletin board systems on the web. Every thread and every post should be worth reading. The Wrestle Gaf thread is no exception. As I said before, I welcome Bish's new rules. It made this thread fun again.

Uh...
husky5.jpg

For those of you who don't know, that's Husky Harris. I don't keep up with FCW at all, but for those who do, what is the reception to this gimmick? Off of that photo, I think it's pretty odd. I can only imagine what he's like on the mic now.

jaekwon15 said:
Neogaf is held to a standard that is above all other bulletin board systems on the web. Every thread and every post should be worth reading. The Wrestle Gaf thread is no exception. As I said before, I welcome Bish's new rules. It made this thread fun again.

I disagree that it makes the thread "more fun." Hell, I'd argue it makes it less fun. And if you really believe that "every post should be worth reading," you OBVIOUSLY haven't read a lot of GAF threads! :D

RBH

Entropia said:
My guess is that they're trying to attract an audience for it.
Yup. Vince probably wants to get Superstars back on TV here in the U.S., hence why we've been seeing guys like Sheamus and Morrison on Superstars lately in order to make the show more appealing when the WWE tries to sell it to television networks.

Wouldn't surprise me if we continue to see more upper mid-card type guys on Superstars over the next few weeks.

I remember when they had Undertaker vs. Matt Hardy on the debut episode of Superstars....

RBH said:
Yup. Vince probably wants to get Superstars back on TV here in the U.S., hence why we've been seeing guys like Sheamus and Morrison on Superstars lately in order to make the show more appealing when the WWE tries to sell it to television networks.

Wouldn't surprise me if we continue to see more upper mid-card type guys on Superstars over the next few weeks.

I remember when they had Undertaker vs. Matt Hardy on the debut episode of Superstars....

Vince also thinks NXT should be back on network TV. *facepalm* :D

spindashing said:
Uh...
husky5.jpg

For those of you who don't know, that's Husky Harris. I don't keep up with FCW at all, but for those who do, what is the reception to this gimmick? Off of that photo, I think it's pretty odd. I can only imagine what he's like on the mic now.

What is this gimmick?

Might as well have Superstars on WWE TV when that launches. I'm wondering if they'll air Raw/Smackdown on time as USA/SYFY. Would be cool if they re-aired old matches, but they'll probably edit them. :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't care, what's done is done, the sooner we move on the sooner bean breath can post another .gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im just saying. the only way we would find out is if the person involved told us. and since i doubt thats going to happen, we should just chill and do what we always do- e-fed and clown around as usual.

So I watched my old copy of Bound for Glory 2006. Such a great show. Sabin v Senshi was great, as was LAX v Styles/Daniels. You also had a really good angle with Joe/Angle. It's such a shame TNA couldn't capitalize off the momentum of the Angle signing. They were really in a good place around this time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Parallax said:
im just saying. the only way we would find out is if the person involved told us. and since i doubt thats going to happen, we should just chill and do what we always do- e-fed and clown around as usual.

Agreed.

When is the Knight of Champions again?

Plywood said:
I don't care, what's done is done, the sooner we move on the sooner bean breath can post another .gif
IT WAS YOU! :O

EraldoCoil said:
IT WAS ME!!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

no it wasn't :(
Jobbers wouldn't even have enough air time to tell. :p

Plywood said:
I'm just biding my time, waiting for an opportune moment. I'm choosing to take a page out of the Del Rio playbook instead of that nerd, Daniel Bryan, during these difficult times in Wrasslegaf.

WWE.com said:
“I don’t know if Sin Cara is more comfortable with his blue lighting but I can tell you that it was shocking for me the first time I had to compete in it. It may give him an advantage,” admitted WWE Tag Team Champion Evan Bourne, who’s faced off with Sin Cara on Raw. “Is there anything in the WWE rulebook about lighting being considered interference? Also, I wonder if it makes his matches harder for our fans to watch.”
Look at Bourne speaking the truth.

evil ways

Just got home from the Raw house show in San Juan. Pretty good show and WWE did a great job with replacement matches for Santino and Mysterio who were both scheduled but couldn't show.

It was weird seeing Miz get cheered like a face then a few seconds later Truth was boo'ed to hell. They played it off nicely for a bit to confuse the crowd. Truth and Miz lost to Evan and Jomo, apparently Kofi couldn't make it.

Del Rio showed for the usual vs Punk match then later on to face Cena. Ricardo is his massive heel heat instrument, without him I don't think he could make it work.

In the end Cena won by DQ, Ricardo and Del Rio beat him up until Punk made the save and both hit their finishers. Cena asked for a handshake, Punk smiled at him and shook his head, then Cena raised his arm and left the ring to let Punk close the show with the crowd.

Cool moment was Punk grabbing a Puertorican flag from the crowd and climbing all 4 corners with it alá Rocky. He got a huge pop, posed to the crowd for about 10 minutes while his music played and left. Weird seeing him high five fans and grabbing signs from the crowd.

Biggest pops were Punk, Miz, Ryder, Primo(don't ask, he's from PR) Kellyx2 and Cena. Cena did get a lot of boos, but mostly when his music hit. After a while he was cheered like crazy. Good show overall, we enjoyed it. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom