• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Annoying friend is getting creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure you're roommates are around when you tell him he can't treat your place like a hotel anymore in case he tries something.

99hertz

Ignore him for a few days while you find a new bike/way of transportation. When you find a new one tell him to fuck off.

Bro, this is why you never accept any kind of favor from people you don't like. Return the bike and tell him to fuck off, also take this as an important life lesson.

He doesn't need your permission to attend the party since he asked the girl. Why do you think he even needs to ask you or your mates?

And the electricity bill is a terrible reason for not allowing someone to play your Xbox.

While I understand that you're fed up of him living with you, you don't sound like a very nice or hospitable person at all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Bang his girlfriend.

Tell him when your roommates are there and if he cops an attitude tell him to take his fucking bike back (If you can financially do that).

Tunavi said:
I know, I know, but none of us want to do it. lol

Should I text him or tell him in person?
You should text him so that you have plausible deniability. When he asks you in person about the message, tell him that someone else must have used your phone.

Then text him again later.

giri

Tunavi said:

i thought you said you were in college, why are you still acting like this is highschool.

Tunavi said:

Just tell him in person. Don't bring up the bike, or the xbox or the party or the general creepiness, just say it in passing instead of making it seem like it's a big deal.

WHat's the worst that can happen? He tries to attack you and gets arrested (not likely, if he tried to hit his girlfriend he's probably a coward)? He gets mad at you and takes his bike back? He stops talking to you guys? (isn't that the point?) You really have NOTHING to lose if you think about it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Salvor.Hardin said:
He doesn't need your permission to attend the party since he asked the girl. Why do you think he even needs to ask you or your mates?

And the electricity bill is a terrible reason for not allowing someone to play your Xbox.

While I understand that you're fed up of him living with you, you don't sound like a very nice or hospitable person at all.
Pretty much. Showing up unannounced at midnight is a dick move, but you could have talked to him about it after he did it the first time.

What is up with people these days being too pussified to actually communicate and work through their problems?

99hertz

Tunavi said:

Give him back the bike. If he asks to stay over, tell him no. If he asks why you don't want the bike anymore, tell him that it wasn't comfortable. Ignore him at parties.

Remember to tell him to fuck off, that's important.

3N16MA

Banned
Why is it so hard for some people to do simple things? Tell the guy he can't stay there anymore. If you want nothing to do with him give him back his bike. What I find odd is that you told him it was OK for him to stay over a couple nights a week and now you have a problem with it. Coming over unannounced late at night could simply be fixed by telling him to give you and your roommates a heads up before he comes over.

Tunavi

Banned
giri said:
i thought you said you were in college, why are you still acting like this is highschool.
This is NeoGAF dude?

Sorry guys, but I'm a wuss when it comes to confrontation. Should have said that in the OP

Tunavi said:
This is NeoGAF dude?

Sorry guys, but I'm a wuss when it comes to confrontation. Should have said that in the OP

This isn't even a confrontation. You're just telling him how things will be. How he deals with it is up to him and really not your problem.

Alcibiades

HellKarnassus said:
Bro, this is why you never accept any kind of favor from people you don't like.
i wouldn't have accepted such a huge favor from someone i'm not sure of...

1) return the bike and tell him you don't need it after all (buy one or walk)

a few days later

2) tell him you would prefer he not stay over but that you're willing to have him stay one more week... if he asks for a reason tell him it isn't your place and you want to respect your roommates that also live there

Trojita

Tunavi said:
This is NeoGAF dude?
Dy1OU.gif

This is why I was careful about the people I met at school. Some were cool as shit that I got to hang out with and went to bars near campus. Others you knew looked a bit off and tried to stay away from.

99hertz

Alcibiades said:
i wouldn't have accepted such a huge favor from someone i'm not sure of...

1) return the bike and tell him you don't need it after all (buy one or walk)

a few days later

2) tell him you would prefer he not stay over but that you're willing to have him stay one more week... if he asks for a reason tell him it isn't your place and you want to respect your roommates that also live there

I suggest against that. He might do something stupid, or steal OP's Xbox.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
He did you a favor, and what do ya know, now you're doing him a favor. You have only yourself to blame OP. Did you think you could only take the bike, and tell him to fuck off?

LOL, poor guy, he's weird because he doesn't have any friends? He sounds nice enough, you split an energy bill 3 ways, so what if he plays for an evening, an extra few cents?

Now you're hearing rumors and holding it against him, dude, that is mean. You should know not to believe them until proven otherwise. (Regarding his girlfriend)

saw the event on Facebook and asked the girl who the party was for if he could go. She's nice and just said yes. HE NEVER ASKED US IF HE COULD GO. He doesn't know the birthday girl

He asked the host of the party if he could go? Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think that's what you're supposed to do.

Why would he ask you, are you his parents, are you the birthday girl?

I sense a small hint of jealousy Tunavi, you need to straighten that out, as well as your take and not give.

You have to give and take, unless you return the bike, you're going to have to be a bit more courteous.

He realized you were tight on money, this bit became clear to me when you were venting about your energy bill, and decided to help you when you were down.

Help him, and be his friend, maybe that's what he is looking for, staying with you 2 nights a week to build a friendship.

Some people can be so blind.

Nix

Banned
HellKarnassus said:
Bro, this is why you never accept any kind of favor from people you don't like. Return the bike and tell him to fuck off, also take this as an important life lesson.
Not even of a sexual nature?

Trojita

SMT said:
He did you a favor, and what do ya know, now you're doing him a favor. You have only yourself to blame OP. Did you think you could only take the bike, and tell him to fuck off?

LOL, poor guy, he's weird because he doesn't have any friends? He sounds nice enough, you split an energy bill 3 ways, so what if he plays for an evening, an extra few cents?

Now you're hearing rumors and holding it against him, dude, that is mean. You should know not to believe them until proven otherwise.

He asked the host of the party if he could go? Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think that's what you're supposed to do.

I sense a small hint of jealousy Tunavi, you need to straighten that out, as well as your take and not give.

You have to give and take, unless you return the bike, you're going to have to be a bit more courteous.

He realized you were tight on money, this bit became clear to me when you were venting about your energy bill, and decided to help you when you were down.

Help him, and be his friend, maybe that's what he is looking for, staying with you 2 nights a week to build a friendship.

Some people can be so blind.

A Wild Annoying Friend Appeared.

Ken

Tunavi said:
TLDR: So this kid gave me a bike, but my roommates and I do not like him and he stays at our place 2 nights a week. I want to tell him he can't stay over, but he didn't take it well when I told him he couldn't use my xbox and he might have rage issues. I can't imagine how he's going to react when I tell him he can't stay at our place like its a hotel?

Why not just have your roommates with you when you tell him in person that he can't stay overnight any more and should never come back?

Also, can't you just keep your door locked when he knocks and ignore him? Oh and keep the bike.

i had classmates that lived off campus that lived in my dorm for years during college, but we were all pretty good friends and we went to their parents house every weekend for sunday dinner. I don't know how this applies to you but you should man up and tell him to pay rent.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Count Dookkake said:
This situation makes me as angry as when I was a kid and saw Flintstone getting kicked out of his house by the cat. Disgusting.

Amen, brother. Amen.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Trojita said:
A Wild Annoying Friend Appears.

I have no choice but to take your baseless ding, but as a scholar of all that is just and fair, I'm seeing this story from both sides, and it has become apparent to me that the OP is in the wrong.

Next time he sleeps over, Full Metal Jacket, son. Towels and soap, towels and soap.

For legal reasons, I feel I should mention I'm not serious.

Son, sometimes you just got to grab yourself by the balls and be a man about your shit.

Give him back the bike, tell him you're not cool with having him over, and walk away.

A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but one....

xxracerxx said:
Give the bike back and buy one yourself and tell the guy he can't come over anymore.

Why give the bike back? Unless there was some kind of agreement between the two, the OP doesn't have to do shit except tell him to stop coming over.

99hertz

SMT said:
I have no choice but to take your baseless ding, but as a scholar of all that is just and fair, I'm seeing this story from both sides, and it has become apparent to me that the OP is in the wrong.

What you are saying is that Tunavi should take and give?

Aselith

SMT said:

Seriously. The guy heard about a party and asked if he could go. What an asshole.

He doesn't have friends, OP, maybe he wants to go to a college party and fucking meet people.

He doesn't have to ask your permission because he's not your bitch.

I also don't get why he's creepy. He asked to stay over and you said yes and now he's saying over. What a fucking shocker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom