• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Metalmurphy said:
oO Are you being deliberately obtuse? If you mention "three of you" while quoting me, you are mentioning me.

You say you came here to read and discuss Forza 4 but all you did was troll GT5 with this fabulous post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31101505&postcount=8233

And then have the balls to jump on me for trolling Forza 4, something I never did...

Unbelievable.

I am quoting you about the weather part, hence the new paragraph about Forza VS GT. Again, if you are not trolling my comment have no bearing on you.

(Note new paragraph, now I am talking about my post)

As for my post, I am just talking about what is important for people. You might find weather important while others think that Auto Vista is the best thing ever since slice bread. All I am saying is every one have what they feel are important to them. For me I want solid frame rate and cars that's not a mix and match between new and upscale stuff. I have GT5, I bought PS3 just for GT5. While I enjoy the game, I really wish PD would have just focus on certain things than trying to be everything which cause the game suffer in the end.

cjelly said:
Oh, don't worry about that. There a few in here frequently 'playing nice' waiting to tear it to shreds when they've 'played' it.

I very much agree.

Mascot said:
I hate to break up the bickering with something actually, you know, game related, but just a heads-up for people in the UK: Coolshop have cancelled all pre-orders of the FM4 LCE. It's GAME or nowhere, folks.

How am I not surprised. Shame for those that jumped on the deal early aswell.

BADNED, any idea when the embargo ends? I'd love to know how long I'll need to wait this week.

shinnn

nagge said:
Embargo ends on friday 23rd if I'm not mistaken.
Yeap. It's on the week in review article.

"On Friday, Sept. 23, you can expect a glut of Forza 4 stories, screens, and videos to hit the online world, as that’s the day our preview embargo lifts"

eso76

Besides, it wouldn't make sense to have an embargo going on while everyone can play the demo and check the game themselves.
Right ?

shinnn said:
Yeap. It's on the week in review article.

"On Friday, Sept. 23, you can expect a glut of Forza 4 stories, screens, and videos to hit the online world, as that’s the day our preview embargo lifts"

So does this mean T10 will be announcing things this week? Kind of getting their push before the media starts?

Wow, only 22 more days until launch? I remember saying "Only 50-something days left" just a bit ago ... time flies.

BADNED

As said Friday the 23rd embargo will be lifted. Expect a full dosis of info from the worldwide press on the game and its content as well as screenshots, photos and videos from the various events, press tours and preview copies.

eso76

BADNED said:
As said Friday the 23rd embargo will be lifted. Expect a full dosis of info from the worldwide press on the game and its content as well as screenshots, photos and videos from the various events, press tours and preview copies.

i expect chocolate and flowers.

so that's when you give us the solution to all your riddles, or there are still details under nda ?

nagge

BADNED said:

I solved the riddle!

Mascot said:
I hate to break up the bickering with something actually, you know, game related, but just a heads-up for people in the UK: Coolshop have cancelled all pre-orders of the FM4 LCE. It's GAME or nowhere, folks.

BTW, oranges FTW.

Yeaaaaaaaaa, who in their right mind chosses tangrine over orange.

nagge said:
I solved the riddle!

dem will be ut, lol.

BADNED said:

Is T10 going to give us any more morsels this week?

Mascot

Is there definitely a demo, has it been officially confirmed (if not dated)? The lack of any word from Turn 10 is a little odd at this late stage.
Good job FM4 is a late addition the Eurogamer expo on Friday - it might be the only chance I get to play it before release.

amar212 said:
Madcatz Wireless Force Feedback Wheel has been priced. Let us all remember for a second how this was suppose to be the best mid-price FF wheel for X360, made in order to somewhat fill the gap created by Microsoft abandoning it's official FF wheel.

http://www.madcatz.com/wheel

250$. FTW.

I am glad that Thomas is rolling out CSP pedals for new potential customers, this Madcatz price will certainly mean more money for his great manufacture.

What a fuckin joke. More expensive than Fanatec and Logitech wheels, which are built with much better materials (aka not 110% plastic)

Way to get it wrong Mad Catz *smfh*

ShapeGSX

fu3lfr3nzy said:
What a fuckin joke. More expensive than Fanatec and Logitech wheels, which are built with much better materials (aka not 110% plastic)

Fanatec is more expensive than the Mad Catz wheel since the $250 Fanatec doesn't include pedals. And the Mad Catz site says they use metal in the design.

Not that I'd trade in my GT2 for anything, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt til I hear some reviews. Some of their newer stuff is kind of nice.

kamkor

Neo Member
Couldn't resist and ordered csr wheel, clubsport pedals and csr shifters.

Can't wait. :) Looking forward to simulation steering and improved physics.

Arucardo

The CSR base is the same as the GT2 right? Were there any changes to the base between the Turbo S and the GT2?

Might have to order that CSR shifter set, don't have a H shifter for my PWTS right now :p .

Arucardo said:
The CSR base is the same as the GT2 right? Were there any changes to the base between the Turbo S and the GT2?

GT2 and PWTS are pretty much the same, even the firmware is interchangable.

CSR is supposed to have new motors, iirc.

Arucardo

drugstore_cowboy said:
GT2 and PWTS are pretty much the same, even the firmware is interchangable.

CSR is supposed to have new motors, iirc.
The page said this though:
"Force Feedback is handled by a Powerful Mabuchi RS550 Motor that's used in RC cars"
It's the same as the other two. Unless they just changed the two other ones.

LeBoef

they didnt build 2 shifters?! did they?
thought the sequential and h shifter will be in one case :(

was expecting a lot from them. lets see how the reviews are. was expecting this to be a day 1 buy.

Arucardo

Uh oh, now I'm starting to consider selling my G25 with the pedals, it would pretty much pay for the CSR pedal set. Gotta think about this, haha.

I'd seriously consider holding out for the CSRE, it *should* be a proper upgrade from the G25, I found the GT2 more a sidegrade, in some ways the G25 was even better.

Arucardo

Considering that I got a good as new (just back from being repaired at fanatec) Turbo S for 110eur last week I'm in no hurry to upgrade my wheel ;D. More than happy with it. The FFB smoothness compared to the G25 gear system is amazing.

Damn, I'm assuming with all the CSR stuff that the CSS is probably still a ways out. Oh well, I don't like the way the Porsche shifters mount to the RS WheelStand Pro so it's probably better this way, I don't use the stick shifter at all.

NavNucST3

skyfinch said:
Here's the same laguna comparison but with a wide angle, purple monkey dishwasher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6hjymhSd88

The overdub is the type of stuff for the soft/medium-core people that I wish was in racing games. I would love to know the "proper" gear to be in feathering, light, hard braking I mean I won't always be able to replicate it (read: ever) but for me it would sure as hell beat slamming into a wall or three and getting frustrated and I might even get up the nerve to actually take part in an online race. I have a rennsport wheel stand and the crappy MS 360 wheel/pedals and I might invest more in an objectively better setup if I thought my enjoyment levels would improve enough to justify such an expense. But, I look at the Fanatecs and think..."that is almost my car note" but I'm also one who doesn't want to halfway upgrade because I don't want to feel like I constantly need to upgrade.

I know I'm that "casual" person the Forza team is trying to reach out to (marketing trickle sucks and always has...) but I really wish there were more time spent in hand holding for track information and upgrades just reading about stuff doesn't always help. Have some type of low res video overlay that gives me a general idea for what the upgrades I'm doing and the changes I'm making affects the car. Give me a visual representation of roll, oversteer, understeer, etc. or even "better" a "based on the way you have driven this car in the last x races we suggest this setup for you" so for me or for an even more casual person like my wife we still feel connected and start to have a greater car understanding. Naturally, for the hardcore you all could simply "disable tips". Anyway, still really excited for Forza 4 still really really hate the marketing.

eek5

NavNucST3 said:
The overdub is the type of stuff for the soft/medium-core people that I wish was in racing games. I would love to know the "proper" gear to be in feathering, light, hard braking I mean I won't always be able to replicate it (read: ever) but for me it would sure as hell beat slamming into a wall or three and getting frustrated and I might even get up the nerve to actually take part in an online race.
Hopefully after T10 is finished converting car lovers into gamers they can convert gamers into race lovers and do an autovista-style track overview for all the tracks. Sample lap with voiceover talking about the track, maybe some history/historic races, sample lap with a car, etc. I think it'd give average gamers a better appreciation of some of the tracks for sure and would help beginners more than the racing line.

eso76

still think the game should include some sort of advanced training to teach you some of the more complex manoeuvres.

i've been saying this for quite some time, but i imagine some sort of 'scenario' mode, where you have to recover from various difficult situations.
Rewind inspired me; sometimes you want to 'undo' a crash, but don't want to rewind further (because that last corner was so perfect you think you won't be able to replicate it or for whatever reason) so you only have a few meters to recover from an extreme situation.
it's fun, but if the game suggested what to do (feather on clutch, apply slight pressure on throttle, in intervals, countersteer etc).
same for upgrades.

Mascot

NavNucST3 said:
The overdub is the type of stuff for the soft/medium-core people that I wish was in racing games. I would love to know the "proper" gear to be in feathering, light, hard braking I mean I won't always be able to replicate it (read: ever) but for me it would sure as hell beat slamming into a wall or three and getting frustrated and I might even get up the nerve to actually take part in an online race.

Watching replays of top times from the online leaderboards with full telemetry turned on (and using the same view you normally race in) can be a huge help. I used to wonder how I was so much slower than the top guys on some tracks, and a lot of it was down to being in the wrong gear, or changing gear or braking when I didn't need to, or easing off when short shifting was the better option etc.

I'm not saying try to copy their inputs exactly on any particular track, just learn the types of techniques they use to maintain maximum speed around the whole circuit. I'm by no means a consistently fast driver (in fact I'm as sloppy as fuck) but I did have a couple of times in the top 100-150 in FM2 by doing this (didn't do much hot lapping in FM3 for some reason). I'm in awe of some of the top worldwide players though. Mad skills.

Burai

shitonmychest57
fu3lfr3nzy said:

It's hardly their fault. Microsoft butt-fuck third parties with wireless controller licensing fees.

Of course, the question then remains why they didn't just go down the USB route...

sneaky77

fu3lfr3nzy said:

Except is not.. is metal build, and comes with the pedals and the shifter, which are extra in Fanatec.

Yes it won't be the highest quality out there, but is a more economical price for people that want a force feedback wheel and don't have the $$ to break the bank.

Shaneus

Wax Free Vanilla said:
yes,

you save your photos to usb and extract the encrypted data to your pc with xtaf and save them to .jpg with wxpirs:

http://i.imgur.com/BEJei.jpg[IMG]

usb shots are 1280x720

i only found out about it yesterday so i hope you can do the same with forza 4. i just did a quick search and the same method applies for forza 2, but forza 3 only seems to save small thumbnail images.

fix this shit, turn 10.... i don't have xbox live...[/QUOTE]
That's amazing news! Because you can't upload pictures that are already saved (you can only upload them when you take them) it means all my old ones aren't lost. So happy!

sneaky77 said:
Except is not.. is metal build, and comes with the pedals and the shifter, which are extra in Fanatec.

Yes it won't be the highest quality out there, but is a more economical price for people that want a force feedback wheel and don't have the $$ to break the bank.

1. Its Mad Catz...............ewwwww

2. They dropped the price on the base fanetec pedals to $30

3. Xbox, PC, and PS3 compatibility for the fanatec

So for $30 more I would invest it in the fanatec, you get more bang for your buck.

Iknos

soundscream said:
1. Its Mad Catz...............ewwwww
The madcatz tournament arcade sticks are incredible.

Maybe they learned a lesson...if you make high quality stuff people will buy it even if the asking price is on the high side.

Still they could be screwing people over just because they have the only wheel of this class out there in North America.

At that price it would have to be nearly comparable to a G25. Tho I got a feeling it will be more like a $250 DFGT.

eek5

They're definitely trying to turn their image around with more "premium" products. The tourney sticks are good but they don't manufacture any of the moving parts in them so I don't know if that should really count

Iknos

eek5 said:
They're definitely trying to turn their image around with more "premium" products. The tourney sticks are good but they don't manufacture any of the moving parts in them so I don't know if that should really count
Yeah I heard about that I'm just hoping the philosophy continues because from the little I know those sticks apparently sold very well and much better than expected. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Because we all know that the $250 asking price is steep. Apart from the G25 and 27 there are few peripherals at that price in stores like Best Buy. Madcatz would be insane selling a shit wheel at that price.

NavNucST3

eek5 said:
Hopefully after T10 is finished converting car lovers into gamers they can convert gamers into race lovers and do an autovista-style track overview for all the tracks. Sample lap with voiceover talking about the track, maybe some history/historic races, sample lap with a car, etc. I think it'd give average gamers a better appreciation of some of the tracks for sure and would help beginners more than the racing line.

I would actually love something like this because I couldn't tell you a real track from a fantasy one or why certain tracks absolutely "have" to be in a game. As a loosely correlated analogy it wasn't until the tutorials in FIFA 10 that I became even remotely interested in soccer that grew into really liking the FIFA games and then ESPN3 hit the 360 and I began watching soccer constantly. My son now loves it as well and he is now in a competitive soccer league here in Chicago. I believe THAT is what Forza is hoping for and to be honest it is actually why I can't wait for, what seems to be in the last page or so a contentious inclusion, Autovista.

eso76 said:
still think the game should include some sort of advanced training to teach you some of the more complex manoeuvres.

i've been saying this for quite some time, but i imagine some sort of 'scenario' mode, where you have to recover from various difficult situations.
Rewind inspired me; sometimes you want to 'undo' a crash, but don't want to rewind further (because that last corner was so perfect you think you won't be able to replicate it or for whatever reason) so you only have a few meters to recover from an extreme situation.
it's fun, but if the game suggested what to do (feather on clutch, apply slight pressure on throttle, in intervals, countersteer etc).
same for upgrades.

Yes, please and while I still suck at FIFA, were it not for the tutorials I would not have bought 10, 11, and now it looks like I'm buying 12 after having played the DEMO <---unsubtle hint. All things being equal I could understand if a demo never came before the game...we had "arguments" for quite some time over whether our demo helped or hurt sales (unlike Forza we were plastered all over the blades -remember those- so people knew it was coming out they just chose not to purchase. Of course, since MWY no longer exists so what do I know...)

LeBoef said:
they didnt build 2 shifters?! did they?
thought the sequential and h shifter will be in one case :(

was expecting a lot from them. lets see how the reviews are. was expecting this to be a day 1 buy.

I am not sure how you would make both shifters on to one case. The sequential one is essentially a toggle with a stick on it.

I am ordering the pedals and shifters for my Turbo S. Are there any hand on review of the new pedals and shifters? It's suck that I won't be able to drive any virtual Porsche with my Porsche wheel. This is probably the most disappointing about Forza 4.

Road America is up on Track pages...
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Tracks/Detail.aspx?id=2147483858

roadamerica1.jpg

roadamerica2.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Finally a good track! lol I really don't like the motion blur they put on every promo shots though. It's been like that since FM3 and it's fugly.

Top Bottom