• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsports early previews

LostDonkey

It's just that: camera effect. I never liked the 'stiff' camera of GT games. It makes it feel like the world around the car is turning, not the car itself. Forza's 3rd person camera is superior.

Yeah. Watching videos from the hood cam or interior cams shows nothing of the rear sliding around like the guy is trying to say which leads me to the same conclusion.

Zuzu

I wish Xbox’s leaked new controller was available for this game so we could play the game with the new haptics. The graphics are looking impressive - nice cinematic style they’ve created.

Senua

It's just that: camera effect. I never liked the 'stiff' camera of GT games. It makes it feel like the world around the car is turning, not the car itself. Forza's 3rd person camera is superior.
Yea that started with Gran Turismo 4. All the GT games beforehand hand had a great chase cam. No idea why they changed it but it sucks arse. Luckily you can mod GT3s camera into GT4 with pcsx2

nemiroff

Gold Member
Yeah. Watching videos from the hood cam or interior cams shows nothing of the rear sliding around like the guy is trying to say which leads me to the same conclusion.

Youtuber of the worst kind: Clueless and baiting with system war drama /shudders

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
This is what I flagged up on the early pages but this guy describes it better with the rear end

Now far chase cam seems to make to less of an issue, and I'm not going to be using chase cam anyway but it does feel a bit on a pivot I guess?

Back ends of these cars can be twitchy after braking anyway and then the lsd doing its work.

DanielG165

Yep, certain cars can be twitchy in the rear when they’re being pushed hard, and the LSD or eLSD will step in to help get it back under control.

I can't get over these premiere single player racing games having FORCED ONLINE. How is this not the most awful outcome possible for us gamers who've been looking forward to buying these games FOR YEARS.

It does NOTHING for us as gamers. It only hurts us. It means if our internet is down we can't play but EVEN WORSE it GUARANTEES that 5 to 10 years from now they'll shut down the servers and WE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN!

It's just a ridiculously awful trend and is disgusting that these companies force this on people who, if they understood the downsides, surely would want no part of it.

GT7 and now Forza.

Monserrat

Banned
I can't get over these premiere single player racing games having FORCED ONLINE. How is this not the most awful outcome possible for us gamers who've been looking forward to buying these games FOR YEARS.

It does NOTHING for us as gamers. It only hurts us. It means if our internet is down we can't play but EVEN WORSE it GUARANTEES that 5 to 10 years from now they'll shut down the servers and WE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN!

It's just a ridiculously awful trend and is disgusting that these companies force this on people who, if they understood the downsides, surely would want no part of it.

GT7 and now Forza.

Yeah, Forza Horizon could be a great single player experience , but it isn't, and that seems to be on purpose. I'd rather uninstall Horizan than Test Drive unlimited 1.

GT7 and now Forza.
You can play offline. The game doesn’t cease functioning. To your point, many aspects of the game do require being online. But this is the same for many games now. I’m not saying you are wrong to be upset, but the majority of games require bing online for full functionality now. It’s not unique and n this situation at all.

Monserrat

Banned
You can play offline. The game doesn’t cease functioning. To your point, many aspects of the game do require being online. But this is the same for many games now. I’m not saying you are wrong to be upset, but the majority of games require bing online for full functionality now. It’s not unique and n this situation at all.

There is a difference between needing online for online experiences, which is reasonable, and taking stuff out or going out of your way to make the single player part of it annoying just to push people online. Not giving you quick access to races after the campaign completion, or making the offline AI crappy for custom tracks was a pathetic movement in Horizon. If this game doesn't give you full access to any car, any track, whenever you want from the get go or at least after a short campaign, I'm sorry but I'd rather play MotoGP 22, Wreckfest, MXGP, Loeb Rally, Dirt Rally, or Project cars 2 instead.

Emet_bp

Yea that started with Gran Turismo 4. All the GT games beforehand hand had a great chase cam. No idea why they changed it but it sucks arse. Luckily you can mod GT3s camera into GT4 with pcsx2

You can change camera settings in GT7, so it is not that stiff anymore and is something between GT3 and GT4 camera.
Many people doing comparisons with tpp / chase camera seem to don't know that.

Last edited:
There is a difference between needing online for online experiences, which is reasonable, and taking stuff out or going out of your way to make the single player part of it annoying just to push people online. Not giving you quick access to races after the campaign completion, or making the offline AI crappy for custom tracks was a pathetic movement in Horizon. If this game doesn't give you full access to any car, any track, whenever you want from the get go or at least after a short campaign, I'm sorry but I'd rather play MotoGP 22, Wreckfest, MXGP, Loeb Rally, Dirt Rally, or Project cars 2 instead.
I’m pretty sure free play is going to be similar to Forza Motorsport 7. All cars and tracks unlocked for use immediately and you can create custom races with a variety of options (lap count, car classes, etc.). This is also confirmed to not require online.

Senua

You can change camera settings in GT7, so it is not that stiff anymore and is something between GT3 and GT4 camera.
Many people doing comparisons with tpp / chase camera seem to don't know that.
Very true, shame that 5 and 6 are stuck that way though

Top Bottom