• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport will support Ray Tracing Global Illumination, but only on PC

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Turn10 has just confirmed that the PC version of Forza Motorsport will support RTGI

image.png

But it will be exclusive on PC, and won’t be present in Xbox Series X|S.

As Turn10 revealed in its June 2023 Update:

Q: Does Forza Motorsport feature ray traced global illumination?
A: Forza Motorsport on PC will feature RTGI (ray traced global illumination).

Q: How does RTGI improve the visuals of Forza Motorsport?
A: On PC, when we apply ray tracing to global illumination, we are simulating how light accumulates color as it bounces from surface to surface, so a barrier next to a red rumble strip will be influenced by that color, creating a scene where all the pieces are connected.”

ss_aca0e1a161467bcf91d3c320430509b3a85f9e09.jpg
ss_fd78b7798a8bc66f554da67f756d26e13727d3a8.jpg
ss_3378113863dc31286d3e3c397a055e9d4916e072.jpg
ss_b87f8ef2e694903db8a082fafecbdd5b2fb9fffe.jpg

Xbox Game Showcase thread with latest trailer: click here

feynoob

Banned
Xbox Series X and PS5 don't appear to be next gen enough.

What is the purpose of this gen, again?
They are way behind in terms of tech.
I don't blame them. They last 7-8 years long without a significant upgrade. And the only upgrade they have a new console models on top of existing models.

PC has the luxury of upgrading your parts unlike consoles. We are way advanced compared to them.

I mean we are using rtx 40 series right now. Couple more years and consoles would be a gen behind PC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They already told us this when it was revealed last year, consoles had RT reflections on track and higher settings during Forza Vista.
There's that phrase again. "On track."

Why won't they just say "gameplay" like normal people. Not doubting, but their choice in words chosen is... odd. They even double downed in said words.

Not that you will notice with intense racing focused gameplay. RT reflections during gameplay are a waste (on limited powered consoles) outside of replays and photo modes. Oh, and that 4K you kept repeating in the past, is "4K," bet.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There's that phrase again. "On track."

Why won't they just say "gameplay" like normal people. Not doubting, but their choice in words chosen is... odd. They even double downed in said words.

Not that you will notice with intense racing focused gameplay. RT reflections during gameplay are a waste (on limited powered consoles) outside of replays and photo modes. Oh, and that 4K you kept repeating in the past, is "4K," bet.

FSR 2 baybay.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
FSR 2 baybay.
Not actually 4K baybay. But I prefer not wasting resources on native rez when reconstructions can look mighty fine if you indeed add other bells and whistles.

But some sure like to market on here with the fake 4K bullet point.

Tier 2 VRS, so we get native 4k output. I think DF already said so in the breakdown last year.
VRS is not native, but okay bro, keep moving the goalposts.

Last edited:

nikos

Ok, that's great but it's not the information fans of a "cutting-edge simulation" want.

Q: Will my wheel be functional with Forza Motorsport?

A: We will be sharing that information later, stay tuned.

That's what most sim racers will care about. Also proper FOV and seat position adjustment. I have a feeling they'll miss the mark with sim racers and it will cater more to simcade fans using controllers. Same with Gran Turismo.

Hope I'm wrong. It's such a shame playing these games with a controller next to my sim racing rig.

Last edited:

reksveks

Ok, that's great but it's not the information fans of a "cutting-edge simulation" want.

That's what most sim racers will care about. Also proper FOV and seat position adjustment. I have a feeling they'll miss the mark with sim racers and it will cater more to simcade fans using controllers. Same with Gran Turismo.

Hope I'm wrong. It's such a shame playing these games with a controller next to my sim racing rig.
I suspect it will have the same support as FH5

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Who? Where's the receipts, give us a link.

Anyway, even if one or two people "said that", the rest of has known this wasn't the case since last reveal (and realisticly because of console constraints we've always known).
dont remember the names but they might be banned ,

wink-smile.gif

nikos

I suspect it will have the same support as FH5

I hope not. Pretty sure Fanatec compatibility is still broken. I ended up playing mostly off-road stuff waiting for a fix and it kind of ruined the game for me.

Last edited:

hlm666

Since when did raytacing become the only way to advance graphics with 10 tflops of programmable shaders.
Good luck baking your lighting for dynamic time of day or any game that wants a world that isn't a static doll house with everything glued to the floor. No idea why epic bothered with lumen, raytracing is pointless those clowns.

Senua

This is awesome, because I assumed they wouldn't allow this on PC.

Not rubbing it in for the xbox folk but you were crazy if you thought this was ever possible on console.

Markio128

I reckon you’d do well to notice ray traced reflections whilst racing - I barely notice it in replays on GT7, unless I’m taking photos.

Top Bottom