• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Pc Requirements and Editions Detailed

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Just a reminder: they added it 1.5 years after the release date. Microsoft inability to release a feature complete game is seriously draining.
I think it was because the engine was not made for any reconstruction upscaler or temporal AA methods.
They never had any reconstruction in the engine, they only added dynamic resolution scaling with FH5 I think, it was always relying on MSAA too (or FXAA).
They upgraded the engine later on PC to add TAA, and then later DLSS and FSR (as it use the same inputs as TAA).

So I don't think this time it will take them that long as the necessary inputs are already available in the engine for DLSS and FSR.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think it was because the engine was not made for any reconstruction upscaler or temporal AA methods.
They never had any reconstruction in the engine, they only added dynamic resolution scaling with FH5 I think, it was always relying on MSAA too (or FXAA).
They upgraded the engine later on PC to add TAA, and then later DLSS and FSR (as it use the same inputs as TAA).

So I don't think this time it will take them that long as the necessary inputs are already available in the engine for DLSS and FSR.

Yeah, they are already available so why not just support the most recent version? Seriously, this is so stupid. Anyway, game requirements are not that high so maybe we can hit 120FPS without DLSS 3.0.

Vox Machina

Banned
  • Players on PC and Xbox Series X|S who pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle can play the full game up to 5 days early.
lol so this a new xbox standard now to make money from first party i guess.
thanks to idiots falling in line.

Games should just straight up cost $100 if platform holders ever adjusted for inflation. That's what you're seeing here with early-access upgrades, although at least it's optional.

DLSS 2.0 but not DLSS 3.0? What? Why?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX 5500 XT
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5-11600k or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RTX 2080 TI or AMD RX 6800 XT
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
DLLS 3 or higher is only for 4XXX only right?

Torn on pre-ordering this one. I've bought every Motorsport at launch since FM2, but haven't been super impressed by what I'm seeing with this one. Car list looks pretty gutted/meh. Gameplay doesn't look substantially improved over FM7.

On the plus side, it looks like it's going to be another highly optimized game, so I imagine it'll even run well on the Steam Deck. And GaaS might help this game feel more interesting over the long haul.

nikos

So I typed out a bunch of good things, then read this:

In addition, unlocked framerates with or without V-Sync enabled are supported for single-player racing in Forza Motorsport. In multiplayer, framerates are locked to ensure a consistent and competitive online racing experience for all players across a variety of PC hardware configurations and the Xbox Series X|S consoles.

That just killed any longevity this game could've had for me. If it's locked to 120, that's tolerable. 60? Nope.

They always manage to include some kind of deal breaker.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
So I typed out a bunch of good things, then read this:

In addition, unlocked framerates with or without V-Sync enabled are supported for single-player racing in Forza Motorsport. In multiplayer, framerates are locked to ensure a consistent and competitive online racing experience for all players across a variety of PC hardware configurations and the Xbox Series X|S consoles.

That just killed any longevity this game could've had for me. If it's locked to 120, that's tolerable. 60? Nope.

They always manage to include some kind of deal breaker.
Just play against PC only players.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The ring not been in at launch is a big disappointment for me, but on the other side its nice to know that every track is updated to the latest version. Seeing those specs also show why this is current gen only, holy shit. Also nice that DLSS is there at launch since MS games most of the time never bothered with it which was shitty. And more tracks coming for free is nice to hear since the track list is smaller this time and tracks keep a racing game alive. And they are talking about further enhancing and updating the pc version after launch which is interesting (in a good and bad way). I already pre orderd the ultimate edition so i can't wait to play it on my pc.

Ozriel

M$FT
  • Players on PC and Xbox Series X|S who pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle can play the full game up to 5 days early.
lol so this a new xbox standard now to make money from first party i guess.
thanks to idiots falling in line.

‘New’? They had this for Forza Horizon 5 back in 2021, and they’re hardly the first publisher to go this route.

Hogwarts Legacy had early access. MK1 Premium edition lets you play the game 5 days early. Pitching this as an Xbox thing is quite weird.

Kvally

Banned
since when did they start doing the early access bit with gamepass...
You don't get early access with Game Pass unless you pay for it by upgrading to the higher edition of Forza.

Adding:

366365899_654006123324209_1222576696887231809_n-jpg.1282065

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

I don't see rt on track tho?

The only "on track" RT I see is when the finish line is crossed and it switches to a replay like view, you can see the car's side mirror reflecting on the window.

But during gameplay, no visible RT.

Floor demos are always old builds made stable and smooth enough.

The most impressive thing about the above footage is that the trackside density/detail looks a lot more realistic. The track surface, cars, and lightning don't look massively better than FM7.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Need this steam cross progression for starfield!

I'm hoping they add all that cross progression and online ranked play for Steam version of Killer Instinct when that new patch comes out.

Wish they would do it for everything, Forza Horizon 4 / 5 etc. I would probably rebuy them.

Top Bottom