• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport’s PC Performance Is Highly Disappointing (wccftech)

clarky

Gold Member
Found the skip practice button. Fuck knows why i have to start practice then exit to skip but at least i can.

Only God knows why they thought it was a good idea to have practice sessions that are as long as the race. One lap would be enough.

Calverz

dhDjF3f.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
People who obviously don't read the threads they are posting in are funny.

Anyway, I think I'll put this game on hold until a few patches, content updates and RTGI down the line to get an even better first experience.

Last edited:

nikos

Sq8GQKW.jpg

This isn't the monitor I play on but here's a result. I only lose a few frames by running DLAA or Native in the benchmark, so there's not much of a reason to run DLSS on Quality instead of DLAA. I've been playing with RTX on High instead of Ultra and DLAA. Usually get 100-120 FPS (my cap) at 5120x1440.

RTX on High instead of Ultra nets an extra ~17 FPS in the benchmark at this resolution. I'll probably run some benchmarks on my sim rig's monitor tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oh look, another poorly optimised pc port.

I wonder how long it'll be before the average person finds it impossible to avoid buying a new GPU.

Just keep pumping out stuff that can't even hit 60fps on a 4090 (until a year after launch of course) and I guess they'll have no choice.

Outlier

Took some tweaking, but game look and runs great on my 7900X + 7900XTX, with:

Dynamic render quality - high
FSR - off
Anisotropic filtering - 16x
Raytracing - MAXED
Motion Blur - OOOOOFFFFF FUCK it's so ugly in this game...
Everything else - High
FPS - Solid 60 V-sync

Ultra is NOT needed unless you want that marginal edge.

EDIT: For those complaining about the 30 FPS menu/race intros you might need to avoid Ultra settings.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
IMO Wccftech needs to be banned as source there. At this point it's multiple games that have much worse performance on their setup than anywhere else and they are doing nothing to address this. Their have zero credibility. They either forget to put thermal paste on their CPU or forget to connect fan of CPU cooler. Their "tests" are fucking joke.

Calverz

Maybe a thread title and first post update would stop people from jumping in and saying nonsense because WCCFTech can't make a PC test ?

It's baffling how people can trust any "review" without even verifying if it's the truth or not 🙄
Yes the mods could have done that hours ago but I guess you’d have to ask them why they haven’t done that yet.

Oh look, another person who hasn’t bothered to read the thread lol
The title states the "pc performance is highly disappointing".

Considering, this is increasingly common with pc ports, and with no time to read the other comments, I gave an opinion.

Having looked just now, it wasn't until halfway down page 2 that someone suggested changing the title, and the previous page and half was criticism and frustration with yet another terrible pc port.

Now, if the title was misleading and turned out to be completely untrue, that's not really my fault.

Instead, of making a juvenile comment you could have explained what the issue was.

Of course, that would take maturity, so no joy.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Considering, this is increasingly common with pc ports, and with no time to read the other comments, I gave an opinion.

Having looked just now, it wasn't until halfway down page 2 that someone suggested changing the title, and the previous page and half was criticism and frustration with yet another terrible pc port.

Now, if the title was misleading and turned out to be completely untrue, that's not really my fault.

Instead, of making a juvenile comment you could have explained what the issue was.

How do you know that the PC version is the port?

phant0m

Incredibly great year for games in general

Incredibly awful year for PC ports.

EDIT: reading past the first page this case appears to be more of a "them" problem. but I believe my comment still stands on the whole.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Curious how slowly mods are to correct the heckin’ record on this particular thread…

The title isn't wrong is it? Lots of people with decent PCs are reporting disappointing performance.

I read one person on Steam who refunded it (with a 3080 Ti IIRC) who had acceptable FPS but the game didn't feel smooth. The game doesn't seem to be implementing vsync properly. This is alpha level bug stuff which should have been squashed long before release.

Another example.

Last edited:
Performance seems good to me on my 3080 Ti/5800X3D combo, but the graphics are definitely borked. The image is super soft, even at native res, dynamics resolution set to 100%, everything cranked to Ultra. Shadows appear to be completely broken, with a ton of aliasing that makes the whole game look worse than FM3 on 360.

The best I can get it looking is using DLAA, but even then it's pretty soft.

Schmick

No way, colour me not surprised. There's a reason why most avoid RT as a plague, isn't it? Let's see how it runs at consoles setting first, most of performance issues on PC comes by pushing the game way beyond consoles settings.
Keep up, a lot has been written about what has actually happened since the first OP
#stuttergate
See above

Note to self... if a thread is more than a page long or two then perhaps consider the fact that the facts might have changed.

GHG

Curious how slowly mods are to correct the heckin’ record on this particular thread…

• The title is the articles title
  • The article hasn't been updated
  • The article isn't wrong, some people are indeed having issues
  • Bonus:

Last edited:

GHG

So, "For some people, Forza Motorsport’s PC Performance Is Highly Disappointing, assuming the problem is the game and not their PCs".

The biggest issue is the fact that it's severely CPU limited along with all this:

• Graphics - There is no toggle for HDR in the game. Turning on or off HDR in Windows should work around this issue. (WinStore, Steam) (1585519) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - HDR may not work on some PCs with multiple GPUs, particularly those with AMD GPUs. Forcing the use of the discrete GPU in Nvidia or AMD control panels may work around this, as will setting the specific GPU in Windows' "Graphics" control panel to the "High Performance" GPU. (WinStore, Steam) (1584705) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - On laptops with multiple GPUs, full screen may not work correctly. The title bar doesn't seem to go away. Forcing the use of the discrete GPU in Nvidia or AMD control panels may work around this, as will setting the specific GPU in Windows' "Graphics" control panel to the "High Performance" GPU. (WinStore, Steam) (1603057) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - With unlocked framerate, turning DLSS on and off may result in the game reporting that it's off when it is clearly still enabled. Restarting the game will work around the issue by setting DLSS to the last setting chosen. (WinStore, Steam) (1603315) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - The popup that some settings may require a restart of the race should only happen when certain settings are changed, but it currently shows when any video-related setting is changed. (WinStore, Steam) (1568770) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - Framerate can temporarily drop when rapidly scrolling through asset-heavy menus, such as the Career upgrades menu. (WinStore, Steam) (1421665) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - Hood reflections could look a little weird with wide FOVs. (WinStore, Steam) (1524537) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - Turning off HDR in Windows while the game is running will not disable HDR in the game until you restart it. (WinStore, Steam) (1547197) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Graphics - AMD machines running the PC builds will perform the entire shader precompiling step at every launch. Faster machines should be done in a minute or so, but older machines can take several minutes. (Steam, WinStore) (1607128) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)

• Stability - Title crashes when entering Freeplay while in offline after disconnecting the internet cable (Series S) (1567801) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - The game may appear to hang during the opening splash screens and cinematic sequence. This may also cause the mini splash screen to remain on-screen in the background. (WinStore, Steam) (1589534) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - If you're already signed in somewhere else when you sign in on PC, the game can crash. (WinStore, Steam) (1588736) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - Playing offline due to not being able to connect to the Forza servers may result in an endless login retry loop. (WinStore, Steam) (1593760) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - May crash to Windows desktop in various areas (All) (1607736) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - May crash starting a multi-class race after saving the event setup (All) (1607444) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - Player may crash attempting to report a shared Replay before its thumbnail has fully loaded (All) (1605045) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - During the Builder's Cup Intro races, if the player decides to level up the car and enter the 1st race with a class higher than the Event "B Class on this case", it lets the player complete the practice and the 1st race, and during the Performance tutorial, the title gets Softlocked when applying the upgrade to lowered to B- Class (All) (1616897) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - Player may be softlocked after disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable while viewing a Replay (All) (1607241) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - Players may crash if accepting a featured multiplayer invite in the middle of choosing their first car for the Builders Cup Intro Series (All) (1600312) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - Players may hang and crash if they hit the back button after viewing the game credits in settings. (WinStore, Steam) (1599429) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - When the Steam Controller is plugged in, the game may crash at startup. (Steam) (1584175) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - In the Steam version of the game, if the PC goes to sleep with the game running, the game may crash when resuming. (Steam) (1584974) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - Having both Thrustmaster and Fanatec drivers installed and having a Fanatec wheel plugged in can result in a crash when entering a race. (WinStore, Steam) (1571769) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)
  • Stability - In the Steam version, signing out of the Xbox App while the game is running may result in crashing the game. (Steam) (1584136) (Date Updated: 10.04.23)

But yeh, definitely an issue with people's PC's and nothing to do with the game.

GHG

Some of these are not issues with the game, like HDR not turning off while running the game. More games do this.

Why have they listed it as a "known issue" then? Just because other games also do this, it doesn't mean it's right.

Regardless, the DF PC analysis is out now and it seems that they agree in that the PC version is not well optimised, has CPU bottleneck issues and doesn't scale as well as it should across a range of hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom