• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport | Review Thread

What's the average score Forza Motorsport will get on Metacritic?

• 95 - 100

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 90 - 94

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • 85 - 89

Votes: 72 55.8%
  • 80 - 84

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • 75 - 79

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 70 - 74

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • <70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GHG

Gamermuscle's full review is up:

KAXQ9BA.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
After playing it for a little bit, I have to agree the driving itself is actually great. But mostly everything else feels unfinished (so far).

I don't know much about the development of the series, who the fuck directed this game?

Last edited:

LostDonkey

After playing it for a little bit, I have to agree the driving itself is actually great. But mostly everything else feels unfinished (so far).

I don't know much about the development of the series, who the fuck directed this game?

Dude called Trevor Laupmanis if I recall.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I checked wiki, he's just the studio head. I think it's Chris Esaki, but idk who that is anyway, so..

Wait, wiki says T10 only has like 100 employees..? That's like a AA studio these days. Is that true, how can that be..? Isn't PD like 300-400 people.

Elysium44

Banned

Seems like one of those people who fails upwards, is useless at his job but is very popular in the company.

About
Empathetic leader, caring manager, and fosterer of collaborative, creative cultures.

Recommendations received
Click here to view Zach Hooper’s profile
Zach Hooper
“Trevor is an amazing leader of people, providing them with the ability to grow and learn organically - while also being supported and coached along the way on the different challenges they can face along their career journey. I've learned a lot from working with Trevor but my biggest takeaway I’ve held onto is that we shouldn't forget our humanity in the ways that we work together. We can too often get sucked into the mechanisms and processes that we believe enable us to be successful at what we do - and which can be important to get there - but without seeking others perspectives, understanding how they work together and the needs they have, these actions can actually get in the way of a successful team. As I've shifted my mindset to think more about this, I've started to see that team dynamics, communication styles and wants/needs of my teams as being some of the biggest factors to their long term success or failure. Trevor is an amazing manager and someone that has always supported my career needs and well-being as a member of the team. My perspective on why my work matters to me, how I show up and communicate with others and my prioritization of a healthy work life balance have been some of the more noteworthy areas he’s helped me form over the years we worked together. Trevor cares about his employees, and the greater organization he is working for, and pushes to help everyone around him have a voice and build trust in their fellow team members on their shared journey together. I’m going to miss working with Trevor. His support, advice and wisdom about career development and life in general have been something I’ve valued immensely. He is one of the best managers of people I’ve ever seen and I hope he has continued success ensuring his teams are heard, build trust with each other and remember the human element to how we work and what we do. If you are looking for a team leader, Trevor embodies all of the traits of a person who can lead your teams to be successful – but more importantly, he will do so with your team’s involvement and will help build a culture of respect, trust and inclusivity that is essential for real long term success.”

wanker-max.gif

Yeah but is he any good at knowing what makes a good game, and making sure they don't release in a shit state? Or just good at being 'empathetic' and 'caring'?

Nemesisuuu

I checked wiki, he's just the studio head. I think it's Chris Esaki, but idk who that is anyway, so..

Wait, wiki says T10 only has like 100 employees..? That's like a AA studio these days. Is that true, how can that be..? Isn't PD like 300-400 people.
Probably outsourcing etc.

Elysium44

Banned

He's the one who appeared in the PR videos to lie about how good it supposedly was. There is something rotten in the culture in that company. I don't know if they know they're lying (probably) or if they only hire people who are 'positive' and 'empathetic' - aka never say anything negative about the game design or performance because that is upsetting to our culture of being all cuddly and nice to all our staff. Nobody says the truth, so they get high on their own supply of bullshit.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
He's the one who appeared in the PR videos to lie about how good it supposedly was. There is something rotten in the culture in that company. I don't know if they know they're lying (probably) or if they only hire people who are 'positive' and 'empathetic' - aka never say anything negative about the game design or performance because that is upsetting to our culture of being all cuddly and nice to all our staff. Nobody says the truth, so they get high on their own supply of bullshit.
It is a good game though. Looks great (ok averages out to great ranging from underwhelming to almost photorealistic), plays great, physics and handling feel great, decent amount of content in terms of cars and tracks, and I haven't played it yet but the multiplayer has great reviews. The upgrade system is definitely devisive but I don't think it is fundamentally broken it just needs more content to allow any car to be upgraded by playing the game in a fun way.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member

Wiki said that for T10 in 2014. It should have changed since then. I see 170 in 2022 in the french Wikipedia. And a lot of contractors on top of that I suppose.

There’s nothing I hate more than when a game is up its own ass with a presentation that I am unable to skip through. It’s a video game! I have a controller in my hand let me play! In the first 10 minutes it’s like 8 of them are the announcer talking to me about the game! Thank God I didn’t buy it and just downloaded it on gamepass.

scalman

cars sounds just bad at least all those V8 V10 V12 cars . or those hyper cars with petrol / electric power... they just sound terrible... most porsche cars handle just garbage... they too stable they just follow road you cant even loose them...
those 4cil cars sounds ok kinda like with race exhaust would sound... though some cars still wierd...so you need spend lots time on free race mode to just test cars and see what you like and what you dislike ...
but those v8 engines sounds so bad and v10 dodge vipers... dont even start on those... did devs even cared for those sounds ?

Danknugz

i'm not a gear head or anything but i find myself firing up this game for a race or two even if it gets in the way of something else. really enjoying the physics and handling. although I noticed a lot of cars suffer under steer and require some fine tuning with the tire pressure, front roll bars and spring settings, never really had to do that in prior forzas, rarely if at all.

Top Bottom