• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Reviews Embargo Lifts Soon

Where will Forza Motorsport land at For Final Meta Score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clarky

Gold Member
It will receive high praise from certain people who even if it had a drop off in quality, will praise it regardless. Xbox Era being one. That’s what I suspect anyway .
And like i said even if its the best racing game of all time there will also be outlets that score it lower. This shit evens itself out. All the GT leaning channels will mark this a point lower just because.

same goes the other way so things even themselves out.

Yes. Although any form of bias seems to be conveniently placed only one way to some people and fail to recognise theire are those out there that will inflate the scores of these games to cement their relationships with the publisher. They certainly don’t act in the interest of the consumer.

Halo infinite a 10 for example? No chance.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yes. My original post was poorly worded.

Forza Motorsport '23 doesnt even deserve an 8 outta 10?
zEfiZbo.gif

Okay!!!!!

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Yes. Although any form of bias seems to be conveniently placed only one way to some people and fail to recognise theire are those out there that will inflate the scores of these games to cement their relationships with the publisher. They certainly don’t act in the interest of the consumer.

Halo infinite a 10 for example? No chance.
Totally understand where you are coming from.

On the other hand Starfield a 5?

Not a chance.

Last edited:
Totally understand stand where you are coming from.

On the other hand Starfield a 5?

Not a chance.

And to be fair you are right what you said previously , there will be those who perhaps have an obnoxious leaning to other racing franchises and platforms that will undermine the game.

I didn’t like Starfield from what I’ve played, mediocre , a six for me but each is own there.

My problem is this should be a real showcase for Series X and it isn’t, six years development, at the very least it should be a bit more impressive visually. And then they talk about “legacy features” not being there, a repeat of Halo infinite.

I understand why some may think I’m some console war arse or a PlayStation zealot , the truth is I just believe Xbox and a lot of their offerings can and should be better and seeing people heap tons of praise on the likes of Phil Spencer and slapping questionable tens on some of their offerings by people acting in their own self interest isn’t helping the platform get to a higher standard I believe it should be.

clarky

Gold Member
And to be fair you are right what you said previously , there will be those who perhaps have an obnoxious leaning to other racing franchises and platforms that will undermine the game.

I didn’t like Starfield from what I’ve played, mediocre , a six for me but each is own there.

My problem is this should be a real showcase for Series X and it isn’t, six years development, at the very least it should be a bit more impressive visually. And then they talk about “legacy features” not being there, a repeat of Halo infinite.

I understand why some may think I’m some console war arse or a PlayStation zealot , the truth is I just believe Xbox and a lot of their offerings can and should be better and seeing people heap tons of praise on the likes of Phil Spencer and slapping questionable tens on some of their offerings by people acting in their own self interest isn’t helping the platform get to a higher standard I believe it should be.

Im more interested in seeing this fucker at 4k on my 4090. To be honest looks fabulous from what ive seen so far. Love me a racer hopefully this is as good as it looks.

As always ill be reserving judgement until ive played it.

Im more interested in seeing this fucker at 4k on my 4090. To be honest looks fabulous from what ive seen so far. Love me a racer hopefully this is as good as it looks.

As always ill be reserving judgement until ive played it.
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to mention I am playing on a PC. Will mention the specs in the review as well but for those are curious I am reviewing it one 4090 with a 7950X Processor Ryzen 9 and 64 GB DDR5 Ram.

clarky

Gold Member
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to mention I am playing on a PC. Will mention the specs in the review as well but for those are curious I am reviewing it one 4090 with a 7950X Processor Ryzen 9 and 64 GB DDR5 Ram.
Well at least we'll lnow if you say it performs like shite then its an avoid for 99% of the population of the world.

Give us a clue, how many frames at 4k with RT on are you reading GAF at right now????

Last edited:

T0minator

I'll assume 80-85 ..it appears to look faded in alot of footage for some reason. GT7 VR changed the game for me. I just don't see how it can compare.

What exactly is Forza Motorsport doing new with this version?

clarky

Gold Member
What exactly is Forza Motorsport doing new with this version?

Its a racing game not a lot you can do in this space. Unless your willing to spend an extra £500+ on VR.

Like others have said barring something absolutely revolutionary like GT1 this aint getting close to GOTY.

Well at least we'll lnow if you say it performs like shite then its an avoid for 99% of the population of the world.

Give us a clue, how many frames at 4k with RT on are you reading GAF at right now????
I can't discuss anything in regards to the game at this moment. Patience friend.

Thief1987

I voted 90, because of previous Forza games, but I think there is a good shot that a few review bombs from people who don't like sim(ish) racers will drag the score down into the high 80s.
It almost two weeks before embargo lift and you already coping in conspiracy.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'm expecting around 80. It's not another Horizon to get easy 90 and I expect at least some reviewers to mention the launch version lacking key tracks from previous Forza games.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I want a next-gen racing game and this is as good as it will get for the next 2 to 3 years because there is none coming soon besides this. I'll take it. day one full purchase on PC Windows store so I can share play with my son on Xbox.

I Wish Steam/MS could allow such cross-buy with Xbox but alas, most dreams don't come true.

drotahorror

I'm going with 75-80. Hope it's better as I don't have a wheel for PS5.

I'm all about WRC 2023 to be honest though.

Last edited:
Quick question - Did the previous Forza Motorsports have the car leveling system that they've talked about in the previous previews? I am assuming not. This is my first Forza Motorsport so it's a bit hard for me to make comparisons in my upcoming review for this particular title. The review will be written from a newbie angle to a Forza Motorsport franchise. I've only played the Forza Horizon games and I never touched GT or Forza Motorsport.

supernova8

Banned
What I mean is, the score will be 85 due to certain media outlets inflating their review scores or I suspect they will.
Might even be higher because I can see outlets like IGN and Gamespot actually giving it an 80+ score this time rather than a 70 (like they did with Starfield) assuming the game isn't inherently broken in some glaring way.

I agree though, I can't see what looks so fantastic about Forza Motorsport 2023 that justifies it coming out 18 months after Gran Turismo 7.

Last edited:

DanielG165

Quick question - Did the previous Forza Motorsports have the car leveling system that they've talked about in the previous previews? I am assuming not. This is my first Forza Motorsport so it's a bit hard for me to make comparisons in my upcoming review for this particular title. The review will be written from a newbie angle to a Forza Motorsport franchise. I've only played the Forza Horizon games and I never touched GT or Forza Motorsport.
No they didn’t. You essentially just built up credits to purchase the cars you wanted, and could then go on to buy upgrades and parts for them.

DanielG165

Might even be higher because I can see outlets like IGN and Gamespot actually giving it an 80+ score this time rather than a 70 (like they did with Starfield) assuming the game isn't inherently broken in some glaring way.

I agree though, I can't see what looks so fantastic about Forza Motorsport 2023 that justifies it coming out 18 months after Gran Turismo 7.
New tire model, new physics engine, new handling system, RT in-game etc. Those things take time.

sCHOCOLATE

FM1 actually had players select from one of three major manufacturer regions (North America, Europe, Asia) at the beginning, granting you access, rewards and discounts for cars and parts in the chosen region as you progressed. Cars from the other two regions were still available, but without the benefit of their regional discounts. The player could, however, spend in-game credits to switch regions, abandoning the perks from one region for the other.

Ozriel

M$FT
What I mean is, the score will be 85 due to certain media outlets inflating their review scores or I suspect they will.

Or perhaps it’ll be that way because the Forza games have pretty much always reviewed well, with the exception of FM5?

It will receive high praise from certain people who even if it had a drop off in quality, will praise it regardless. Xbox Era being one. That’s what I suspect anyway .

Metacritic uses a weighted average, and all the sites you’re pointing your finger at can’t even influence the score by more than a percentage point.

This is a meaningless distraction.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There's no way a Microsoft sim racer gets above 85 unless it's down right incredible but I'm sticking with my 88.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
If the weaponization of review scores is a thing, as so many believe, then perhaps we need to call time on paying attention to them.

Looking forward to seeing a thread with an hourly update on what is happening to the score.

supernova8

Banned
New tire model, new physics engine, new handling system, RT in-game etc. Those things take time.
I just went back and watched some side-by-side comparisons of this versus GT7 and it looks pretty hard, almost impossible to spot the RT at all in FM.

Honestly I'd love to try out FM7 on Game Pass to see if I can tell the difference with the new tire models, physics, handling etc when FM8 comes out, but oh yeah look at that they removed all the non-Horizon ones (and no I'm not buying it, the whole point of GP is to not have to buy first party Xbox titles)

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I just went back and watched some side-by-side comparisons of this versus GT7 and it looks pretty hard, almost impossible to spot the RT at all in FM.

Honestly I'd love to try out FM7 on Game Pass to see if I can tell the difference with the new tire models, physics, handling etc when FM8 comes out, but oh yeah look at that they removed all the non-Horizon ones (and no I'm not buying it, the whole point of GP is to not have to buy first party Xbox titles)

99% of the videos released so far were using the non raytracing mode for whatever reason.

When it's on its impossible to miss.

Senua

If the weaponization of review scores is a thing, as so many believe, then perhaps we need to call time on paying attention to them.

Looking forward to seeing a thread with an hourly update on what is happening to the score.
It's kinda insane when you think about it. We're a weird bunch, us gaffers

99% of the videos released so far were using the non raytracing mode for whatever reason.

When it's on its impossible to miss.
I went looking for any youtuber in the preview that used to RT performance mode and couldn't find any, maybe it was disabled or not out embargo. Or these youtube influencer types are bloody clueless...

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll guess 85-90. Not sure what it is about it but the little I’ve seen haven’t looked as impressive, or as fun, as Horizon.

Ozriel

M$FT
There's no way a Microsoft sim racer gets above 85 unless it's down right incredible but I'm sticking with my 88.

Last two editions were rated 87 and 86.

I’ll guess 85-90. Not sure what it is about it but the little I’ve seen haven’t looked as impressive, or as fun, as Horizon.

I suspect reviewers know you’re not going to be barreling through forests and driving off cliffs in a sim racer.

orimagdos

Banned
Only in xbox cases people are pointing out the favorable reviews by certain outlets, the so called usual suspects.

I guess you guys had the same problem with gt7 and reviews from sites like meuplaystation, psx brasil, playstation lifestyle, playstation universe? Of course not.

Top Bottom