• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Reviews Embargo Lifts Soon

Where will Forza Motorsport land at For Final Meta Score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello everyone,

I am happy to inform you now that the NDA has been lifted that I have been granted access to Forza Motorsport retail version prior to its release on October 10th thanks to courtesy of Microsoft and the Xbox PR Team.

The reviews for Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X|S and PC will be live on October 4th, 2023. I may not speak about the game, or my experiences until further date, but I can confirm that I am playing it as I type this. I am sure Draugoth Draugoth or someone else will make the standard review thread and I will be posting my review there along with others as well. Our publication will also have its review counted on www.opencritic.com - Until then fellas! For now feel free to ponder and discuss what the meta score might land at.

I am allowed to share a screenshot of the TItle Menu. I am also reviewing this on a RTX 4090, 7950X and 64 GB DDR5 Ram pc rig.

Hbf4ld6.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Forza Motorsport 1 got 92
Forza Motorsport 2 got 90
Forza Motorsport 3 got 92
Forza Motorsport 4 got 91
Forza Motorsport 5 got 79 - It deserved much lower.
Forza Motorsport 6 got 87
Forza Motorsport 7 got 86

Giving it a score under 80 would be a travesty considering what fucking Forza Motorsport 5 was.
I dont think this game is Forza Motorsport 4 level so I dont see it going over much over 90 if at all.
So an easy 85 - 90 score is what I would guess.
But reviewers these days are truly deluded so I wouldnt even be shocked if they gave it a ~75, id just be disappointed in the reviewers.

TheShocker

High 80s to low 90s. I think a lot of people will be turned off by the progression system for the cars and some favorite tracks missing at launch.

Reactions: Isa

Draugoth

Gold Member
88/100

The reviews for Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X|S and PC will be live on October 4th, 2023. I may not speak about the game, or my experiences until further date, but I can confirm that I am playing it as I type this. I am sure Draugoth Draugoth Draugoth Draugoth or someone else will make the standard review thread and I will be posting my review there along with others as well. Our publication will also have its review counted on www.opencritic.com - Until then fellas! For now feel free to ponder and discuss what the meta score might land at.

I will be working on that date. So i suggest asking someone else to make a review thread.

Bond007

Cant wait, hope its good.
Not sure i'm excited for grind fest or disrespecting my time. So i will be paying attention to that aspect in reviews.

Good enough to renew and try this on Gamepass and ditch it all if i dont. Xbox for me has always been a "Forza machine" the only exclusive i enjoy. Starfield is ok but hasnt captured me and if Forza for whatever reason doesnt either, it may be time for me to actually sell the X.

Last edited:
I'd bet 85, but I think if it does have that per car grindy progression, and if it does have some mixed visuals. The public perception might be lower.

Bry0

Well I like the title menu, I’m glad they ditched the garage thing. I’m really curious about the music too. I wasn’t a big fan of the garage rock aesthetic music going on in 7. This menu kinda reminds me of 5, though I’ll admit I didn’t love the orchestral stuff either.

Last edited:

Isa

Nice! I'm really looking forward to it. Can't wait to dive into the career. I think the progression system can be cool, because it'll reflect the time one puts into a particular machine. I get wanting to try them all, and that's possible but I think it'll help show some diversity when it comes to people's choices. Plus its always been a nag of mine in many online racing games where people can do crazy mods to cars. Making sleepers is fun, but I prefer a more grounded experience. I just hope the post launch support is there with more cars and of course tracks as this will probably be a main racer of mine for a good few years or more.

DR3AM

85-90
+ Visuals
+ Lots of cars
+ Online features

- No split screen
- Trademarked Forza piss filter
- Progression system
- Not all cars are next gen

Catphish

Early info looks very promising. I'm hoping this will be something special. If not, it might be the end of my Gamepass sub.

I'm guessing (and hoping) 90+

Verchod

I'm sure it'll feel better than the previous versions, but if it has the same cars and tracks as all the previous iterations I'll be disappointed. Don't need 500 cars, definitely do need more and different circuits as Forza has such a tired ( no pun intended) selection. Even older or classic versions of current circuits would help. It's one area where Forza falls down for me. The series peaked at No.3

Top Bottom