• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Mirage Reviews Embargo Lifts Soon

Where will Assassin's Creed: Mirage land at For Final Meta Score?

• Total voters
Hello everyone,

I am happy to inform you now that the NDA has been lifted that I have been granted access to Assassin's Creed: Mirage retail version prior to its release on October 5th thanks to courtesy of Ubisoft and their PR Team.

The reviews for Assassin's Creed: Mirage on the PS5 will be live on October 4th, 2023 at 7 AM EST/4 AM PST. I may not speak about the game, or my experiences until further date, but I can confirm that I am playing it as I type this. I will be posting my review in the usual standard review thread along with others as well. Our publication will also have its review counted on www.opencritic.com - Until then fellas! For now feel free to ponder and discuss what the meta score might land at.

You weren't able to before ?
Neo Member :/

Hello GIF by DJ Khaled

Last edited:

Zuzu

I predict low 80s like 81 or 82. I think it’ll be a polished action adventure game for people into this type of thing but nothing outstanding.

Brigandier

I didn't even know a AC game was coming out soon let alone next week wtf?

I miss Ezio 😔 I don't feel I ever click with the protagonists since Revelations.... I didn't mind Edward Kenway and Eivor was OK but the rest ehhhh

Might pick this up

Kuranghi

I'm here for old-school AC games, I loved 3 (well at the time, its a big giant mess of a game with more system than a GTA game and the story is awful) and Unity but don't like them since Origins.

Having said that the preview I saw made it looked kind of like a subpar Shadow of Wardor, all the systems from the old games that are now outdated as fuck. The not having markers for every sub objective for the assassinations seemed cool though, like walking through a market and a guy is like pssst come here and the like. As opposed to going to marker like in Unity.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If it’s a 80+ I’ll throw ubi some bucks. May go with ubi+ for a month to pay $15 to play.

Granted if ps5 version is solid compared to pc then I may just go ps5 $50.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Not only am I gender-fluid, but I'm also genre-fluid when it comes to Assasins's Creed. I loved the original AC games and still hold them in my top games of all time but at the same time consider Origins and Odyssey to be peak open-world games.

Excited AF for this and have to say the Baghdad setting is looking really good from what I've seen.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s not the “return of old AC” they’re just pulling back the curtain on the last historical ac games.

Arachnid

God I hope this is a return to form that steers future AC games away from the bloated hack and slash fest they've become. I hope the stealth is the best the series has ever seen.

Fake

I need to see more before made judgement. They could hide things here and there, hope they are backing to the roots as they keep marketing this game.

Hoppa

81. More refined than the last 3 but the infamous Ubi open world formula will drag it down. I like it personally but can see why others would be bored of it.

RyRy93

I was thinking 80-85 but the price suggests a lack of confidence to me so 75-80.

Old school AC which everyone became bored of years ago and a lacklustre story as it has been in recent games.

makaveli60

Without spoilers, a couple of minutes ago I have just finished Layla’s part of Valhalla and wow, what a crazy story and Mirage just got a lot more interesting to me thanks to this.

Luipadre

Sadly 0 hype for this. Probably because i still have so many games to finish and play. Will play it next year if things calms down a bit

SJRB

Gold Member
It's gonna be a 75 game, with the double-edged sword being a return to the classic form but bringing nothing new or innovative into the mix.

Is this the actual review thread or just a thread for your review? Im confused with these that have been poping up
It's just a thread letting know people when the review embargo lifts with a sprinkling of hype and anticipating before the game releases. Standard review thread will be made by someone else 24 hours before the embargo lifts usually by other posters.

R6Rider

Gold Member
It's gonna be a 75 game, with the double-edged sword being a return to the classic form but bringing nothing new or innovative into the mix.
I think the parkour based on Valhalla and not on the best game parkour wise (Unity) will bring it down too.

brian0057

Banned
As long as that chain killing teleport BS is entirely optional, this might be the Assassin's Creed that turns the series into the Hitman-like franchise it was always meant to be

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
To me AC games have kinda went from must plays years ago to now something you buy on sale and wait until you have an itch to play these kinda if games and then once I get my fill, I’m good for a while.

Don’t have a huge interest in going back to old school style AC games, but I’ll get it at some point. I’ll probably get bored of it quickly. I will say though I’m one of the few people who actually likes the present day gameplay of AC games. It’s the only thing tying the games together story-wise. I know fans have said they want them to cut that stuff out of the games entirely. Otherwise, they’d just be individual adventures. So I am interested in where they take the story.

Top Bottom