• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record for PC Announced

LiK

http://www.capcom-unity.com/megamik...2_off_the_record_-_games_for_windows_version!

October 11 th is coming quick and the smell of rotten zombie flesh is definitely in the air! If you’ve been following the latest & greatest news here on Unity you’re probably well aware that Dead Rising 2 Off The Record is shipping in just a couple of weeks on the Xbox 360 and PS3… What you may not know is that we also have a Games For Windows version coming out at the same time as the console versions and there are some great pre-orders offers happening online right now! Jump on in and check out the various offers:

If you pre-order from our own Capcom Store you’ll get 10% off on the digital version. They also have the boxed version available for pre-order which will get you a free “Uranus Zone” T-Shirt as a gift with purchase - Exactly like the one Frank West wears in the new amusement park level!

Direct2Drive – 10% off now for pre-orders!

GAMERSGATE – 10% off now for pre-orders!

GameTap - 10% off now for pre-orders!

GamePlanet.com - 10% off now for pre-orders!

Steam - PRE-ORDER PAGE INFO COMING SOON!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm okay with this. Someone will surely mod old Frank West in and thus it'll be the perfect version of DR2.

Uriah said:
According to D2D it is Games for Windows Live, not just Games for Windows.
i'm sure this will be LIVE too, because Dead Rising 2 was. Capcom seem to make everything GFWL. won't put me off getting it though :)

LastWindow said:
Cool, I was getting a little worried that it hasn't appeared on Steam yet. :p

Will pre-order as soon as it's up.
yeah, i was getting worried too. nice to see the official confirmation. i'll be getting this.

Santar

If only this didn't use Games for Windows Live, why can't Capcom use Steamworks instead? Or better yet, no online drm whatsoever (One can dream).

Uriah

Discotheque said:
Games for Windows = EVERYTHANG

Games for Windows Live = a piece of shit service

You don't know what your talking about. We should be happy that Microsoft is shoving down our thoats adding Games for Windows Live Xbox Live to Windows 8.

mollipen

Says at the bottom of the page that it's Games for Windows LIVE's DRM, but I don't know enough about PC gaming to know what that means overall.

Uriah said:
You don't know what your talking about. We should be happy that Microsoft is shoving down our thoats adding Games for Windows Live Xbox Live to Windows 8.
if it's done well, without all the save game issues and without it occasionally refusing to work and thereby making your game broken, i wouldn't mind it. i like the overlay. i like the integration with Xbox Live. what it does when it works isn't really the issue.

it's that it regularly fucks up spectacularly that's the issue. if Xbox Live on Windows 8 works without fucking things up, then i'd gladly have that as standard on all upcoming PC games.

pa22word

Yeah, Sven confirmed this in a topic of mine over on the unity forum a couple of weeks ago. Glad to see it get some more attention though.

Uriah

plagiarize said:
if it's done well, without all the save game issues and without it occasionally refusing to work and thereby making your game broken, i wouldn't mind it. i like the overlay. i like the integration with Xbox Live. what it does when it works isn't really the issue.

it's that it regularly fucks up spectacularly that's the issue. if Xbox Live on Windows 8 works without fucking things up, then i'd gladly have that as standard on all upcoming PC games.

It always fucks up.

confused

Banned
facebook_like_button_big.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice. This means wireless controllers will work!

I loved Dead Rising 2, but I'm not gonna pay full price for this in October when I'm already planning on buying tons of games I haven't already played. I'll wait for the Steam holiday sale.

Ridley327

Dead Rising 2 had a terrific PC port, and the GFWL integration was actually pretty smooth and unobtrusive. Capcom seems to do better with it than everyone else.

pa22word

Ridley327 said:
Dead Rising 2 had a terrific PC port, and the GFWL integration was actually pretty smooth and unobtrusive. Capcom seems to do better with it than everyone else.

I don't know about you, but I've been playing with a pal of mine and we've had nothing but issues with the GFWL client. Two weeks ago it took me 15 mins just to join his game :mad:

Ridley327 said:
not so much a GFWL issue, more than a Capcom issue, but when that came out it didn't support the Wireless 360 pad, only the wired one, which was really dumb. there was a work around, but the game considered it a cheat, so it disabled it when you tried to play TIR online.

i guess you could blame MS for that too though. aren't they supposed to do some kind of cert? i know that if a game is GFW branded and it supports ANY joypads, it has to support the 360 pad.

Orayn

I wasn't aware that OTR was 360/PS3 only up until now... Probably gonna pick this up. I love me some Dead Rising and some Frank.

Ridley327

plagiarize said:
not so much a GFWL issue, more than a Capcom issue, but when that came out it didn't support the Wireless 360 pad, only the wired one, which was really dumb. there was a work around, but the game considered it a cheat, so it disabled it when you tried to play TIR online.

i guess you could blame MS for that too though. aren't they supposed to do some kind of cert? i know that if a game is GFW branded and it supports ANY joypads, it has to support the 360 pad.
I had a wired pad at the time, so it wasn't an issue for me at all. It was pretty widespread, though, and I don't think it ever truly got fixed. One can hope that they've got it sorted out by now, if only for my sake. ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok, so, what is the difference betwen Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2 Off the Record? I know that "Off the Record" has Frank West in it, but I don't know if it's a Special version that contains everything original Dead Rising 2 had, or if it's a re-telling of the Dead Rising 2 game with Frank, but no... other dude..

I never bought Dead Rising 2 on PC or played it. Should I bother at all, now that Off the Record is coming out? Should I just get that instead?

Would've bought it if it was GFWL. Fuck..
Ridley327 said:
Hmm might check out the original, thanks.

Ridley327

drizzle said:
Ok, so, what is the difference betwen Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2 Off the Record? I know that "Off the Record" has Frank West in it, but I don't know if it's a Special version that contains everything original Dead Rising 2 had, or if it's a re-telling of the Dead Rising 2 game with Frank, but no... other dude..

I never bought Dead Rising 2 on PC or played it. Should I bother at all, now that Off the Record is coming out? Should I just get that instead?
It's still Fortune City, but there's a bunch of new content in OTR, like new bosses, new weapon combos, the return of the photography aspect of the game as well as the Survival mode, a brand new challenge mode and some other aspects that I can't recall. It sounds like it's different enough to try and check out both games.

Orayn

drizzle said:

They completely different main stories and various areas in OTR have been "remixed" to some degree, but you won't be missing out on a lot. If it ever goes for an especially BOMBA price like $5-10 on Steam, go for it, otherwise just get OTR.

Chinner

Banned
Ridley327 said:
It's still Fortune City, but there's a bunch of new content in OTR, like new bosses, new weapon combos, the return of the photography aspect of the game as well as the Survival mode, a brand new challenge mode and some other aspects that I can't recall. It sounds like it's different enough to try and check out both games.
it's also a brand new story with new cutscenes.

buying dis day 1, hoping there will be a TF2 HAT SOMEHOW.

Orayn said:
I wasn't aware that OTR was 360/PS3 only up until now... Probably gonna pick this up. I love me some Dead Rising and some Frank.

Yeah, it wasn't, the PC version was announced along with the console versions.

Ridley327

Chinner said:
it's also a brand new story with new cutscenes.

buying dis day 1, hoping there will be a TF2 HAT SOMEHOW.
Yeah, I can't imagine that Chuck's story would go all that well with Frank.

I do hope Chuck is still in there, though; I know people like their Frank, but Chuck's a lot more likable beyond the obvious one-liners.

Top Bottom