• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Grinchy

Banned
The only reason I didn't pre-order the PC version was because I had already bought Dark Souls.

Really glad it worked out that way now (though, hopefully all these issues will be cleared up soon)

Matt_C

Installing now from retail copy.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Gigabyte Technology GA-MA780G-UD3H
Catalyst 11.9

Hope this works

Zeliard

Yikes at the technical issues! :( Sorry for you guys who really wanted to play tonight.

I knew multiplat dev would have its downsides, but I can't say I was expecting this, especially not from id.

Gattsu25

Banned
Matt_C said:

Catalyst 11.9

Hope this works
It won't

Someone wake me up when id/bethesda/ATI gets their shit together. This is a mess

Matt_C said:

Catalyst 11.9

Hope this works

Oh oh...

Definity

I had screen tears out the ass until I dropped it down to 8x AA...I mean monster fucking tearing that hurt my eyes.

8gb ram
gtx 570
i5 2500k (stock)

Game looks bad ass out in the wasteland but not so much in the instance maps. Textures are a blurry shit pile. :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
this makes me rage because i need specific drivers from alienware and well... those haven't been updated, ever.

fuck.

Matt_C

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Matt_C said:

AMD
Good luck

Gattsu25 said:
Matt_C said:

Catalyst 11.9

Hope this works

It won't

Someone wake me up when id/bethesda/ATI gets their shit together. This is a mess

angular graphics said:
Matt_C said:

Catalyst 11.9

Hope this works
Oh oh...

Yeah, from reading this thread I notice something fucked up comes this way.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good lord, this is a fucking clusterfuck. How did id fuck up this badly?!

TheExodu5

Banned
So basically the "detect your system" is broken and not allocating nearly enough memory to the game causing massive pop-in.

Pretty terrible to see a game at launch like this. If this isn't fixed by the weekend, then shit on id.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, those drivers probably did make it worse. I don't remember this much flickering from the first three minutes I played before exiting the first time.

thetrin said:
Good lord, this is a fucking clusterfuck. How did id fuck up this badly?!

pcKyr.jpg

Zhtqs.jpg

Salsa

TheExodu5 said:
So basically the "detect your system" is broken and not allocating nearly enough memory to the game causing massive pop-in.

Pretty terrible to see a game at launch like this. If this isn't fixed by the weekend, then shit on id.

This is what im going with as well.

Under certain PC setups its clearly working wrong (since other people are having no issues), it sounds like something fairly fixable through patch, so fingers crossed.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
So basically:

GTX? Good to go
AMD? LOL sorry buddy
NVIDIA? Can go either way

GTX is Nvidia

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
When I put AA to 8x I cant even hit 40fps indoors on a core i7 930@4.0/6970 combo. That just doesn't make any sense. This pc runs BF3 and Witcher 2(minus Ubersampling)flawlessly. Something is seriously fucked up.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
angular graphics said:

It truly is a dark day for gaming when Id doesn't make a PC launch their main priority.

Looks like an AMD driver issue and horrible auto-detection. Anyone gone through the .ini file or any other setting file. Probably how you are going to have to fix some of this stuff.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
4th time watching the intro because the game crashes right it and I'm not allowed to save. Thx for not letting us skip the fucking thing. Quake 5 please, no single player.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. I don't think I've experienced such a bad launch of a PC game years.

I'm full of RAGE right now, alright. I think I need to go ly down.

Definity

Chiggs said:
If it makes anyone feel better, the double-barrel shotgun is outstanding in this game.
Yeah. I did enjoy that part. Got a nice kick/sound with it.
Going to give it another go tomorrow....

thetrin

ValleyJoe said:
When I put AA to 8x I cant even hit 40fps indoors on a core i7 930@4.0/6970 combo. That just doesn't make any sense. This pc runs BF3 and Witcher 2(minus Ubersampling)flawlessly. Something is seriously fucked up.
Everything we're dealing stinks of the auto scaling not working right.

(._.)

Banned
TheExodu5 said:

The game out of nowhere launched for me finally.

It is fucking stupid. I should be able to choose the settings I want for the game. At least give me the option to. I know my system could easily run this game at a much higher level than it is setting it all at. On top of that the pop in textures and screen tearing... smfh. Does his game allow vsync? What is the point of making sure it runs at 60 fps if the screen tearing is just going to break the smoothness. The game looks like it runs bellow 30 for me visually.

Definity

thetrin said:
Everything we're dealing stinks of the auto scaling not working right.
It doesn't select any AA for you nor does it enable GPU transcoding...at least it didn't with my setup. I had to enable them manually...but I agree something is f'n jacked up with the scaling some where.

gtx570
i5 2500k (stock)
8 GB ram

JohngPR

I was tempted to type out a "Where is your god now?" post but that's a dick move.

That sucks that you guys are having all types of technical issues. Did id not test it out on AMD cards? :p

Top Bottom