• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Frostburn

I was about to pre-order today on Steam but decided I can wait another day. Glad I did, I'm sure they'll fix these PC issues but damn at that streaming and such. I hate seeing people with great system specs have these issues knowing how much better their computer specs are than the Xbox 360 and PS3. id software of all companies to not get the PC version right out of the gate... crazy. Hopefully a fix is released soon, I'm going to patiently wait before buying for PC but I may cave for the 360 version on my lunch break (Or PS3, still a bit on the fence)

Cipherr

NullPointer said:
because you turn even the slightest bit and like Dark City it has to recreate the world at the margins.

xzbitlol.png

Wow, I really cannot believe this. Just to much. Was going to buy it this weekend and add it to the backlog but fuck it now.

I pre-ordered this today and up until it was unlocked felt like I really should have cancelled and waited for a sale.....I REGRET NOT DOING THIS after playing for 30 mins.....texture poppin like woah and screen tearing...wtf!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Frostburn said:
I was about to pre-order today on Steam but decided I can wait another day. Glad I did, I'm sure they'll fix these PC issues but damn at that streaming and such. I hate seeing people with great system specs have these issues knowing how much better their computer specs are than the Xbox 360 and PS3. id software of all companies to not get the PC version right out of the gate... crazy. Hopefully a fix is released soon, I'm going to patiently wait before buying for PC but I may cave for the 360 version on my lunch break (Or PS3, still a bit on the fence)
I honestly am so fucking disappointed. The PC version (at least the Steam version) is a fucking mess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Meanwhile, apparently the 360-version never drops in frames per second. Neither does the PS3-version (although it occasionally drops in resolution during firefights).

AEREC

I must be the only one not having any issues, I dont notice any texture loading, image tearing and getting a solid 60fps.

i7 @ 2.93 GHz
GTX 460 1GB
8GB RAM

Chiggs

Gold Member
No wonder they don't want to license this shitty engine.

Wow, I could have went to the gym, or maybe read a book, or done some homework...but no...I spend my time waiting for a piece of broken shit to unlock.

Shame on id and AMD...and possibly Nvidia.

Definity

I had screen tearing out the ass and had to drop the AA down to 8x to get the shit to stop. To be honest I'm not that impressed with the visuals. It looks f'n awesome out in the wasteland but the textures in the first instance map are blurry and hard to make out. Was expecting more.

Frame rate is smooth now that I tweaked the AA and the gun play feels awesome but was expecting more out the visuals especially on my PC. Will give it more time. Based on the first mission alone the game will be fun that's for sure but I really wanted more out of textures, etc.

Doc Holliday said:
Come to think of it, did they ever show the pc version???

Yoshichan said:
Meanwhile, apparently the 360-version never drops in frames per second. Neither does the PS3-version (although it occasionally drops in resolution during firefights).

Did I step into fucking Bizarro World!?

Fjordson

Yoshichan said:
Yeah, been watching my friend play the 360 version for almost an hour. It's pretty gorgeous. Framerate definitely seems to be locked in at 60 (so far at least).

Edit: Wtf @ Victrix's picture. Can't imagine a fix and/or patch is far off.

NullPointer said:
Yep. That's it right there. Welcome to Rage.

Mine isn't nearly that bad thankfully. The framerate is butter smooth for me and the pop in is like...a nanosecond but noticeable everytime you turn the camera view quick enough. Just enough to still be distracting...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this has something to do with my decrypting process jumping from around 35% to finished in an instant. Probably not, but that sure was odd.

Gvaz

Banned
Isn't there an option with UD3 to stream in only textures of a certain quality first, then the higher res ones? I can see this being less of an issue if you increased the minimum quality of textures to be streamed in.

Derrick01

Banned
AEREC said:
I must be the only one not having any issues, I dont notice any texture loading, image tearing and getting a solid 60fps.

i7 @ 2.93 GHz
GTX 460 1GB
8GB RAM

You alone are giving me hope, I have virtually the same computer as you, just a very tiny bit better. gtx 470 and i7 3.01ghz.

It's just going to suck having to wait another 10 hours or so until I can even try it.

Smash88

Banned
This is clearly a blatant Console Port. Lack of options, saying it's "automatic", texture pop-in, terrible fps drops for Nvidia/ATI users, an assortment of graphical glitches/bug, such as green shadows.

I feel sorry for you pre-order users on the PC. But I thank you for biting the bullet for us people. I'm sure some of it will be patched, but this game is no where near the premium PC price of $60.

What a joke and let down this game has become. I am mostly disappointed in Carmack. Another title that will be bought @ $10 or less on a Steam sale.

This is as bad as the release of RO2, which is still a pile of crap as of now.

forrest

formerly nacire
Gvaz said:
People are now saying that the copy you got through steam is actually a dev copy ala Dead Island.

Or you know Kotaku could just be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Well I'm on the second disc of the retail pc copy. When I'm done installing I'll give a report.

i7@2.8
8Gb Ram
ATI 5850

jaxpunk

AEREC said:

i7 @ 2.93 GHz
GTX 460 1GB
8GB RAM

2500k but everything else the same. 8x AA and gpu whatever enabled runs like a dream. Game looks insane! Running the latest released drivers, no beta.

IlludiumQ36

I7-2600k
6950 2GB
8GB

Getting atrociously bad texture flickering and wireframe popping. To make matters worse, the steam installer script is running EVERY time I start the game. Verified integrity of cache with no errors but it didn't correct that issue.

Wallach

Derrick01 said:
You alone are giving me hope, I have virtually the same computer as you, just a very tiny bit better. gtx 470 and i7 3.01ghz.

It's just going to suck having to wait another 10 hours or so until I can even try it.

You're probably fine. The real clusterfuck looks like an AMD problem.

nacire said:
Well I'm on the second disc of the retail pc copy. When I'm done installing I'll give a report.

i7@2.8
8Gb Ram
ATI 5850

You on the other hand pretty much have the same PC as me, you're fucked.

Prodigal

Banned
Aside from some texture pop-in when turning around, I'm getting a great framerate and everything looks real good. Granted I just started the first quest, but I just want to bring some comfort to people having issues. If you can stand the pop-in, this game looks amazing.

Specs:

i-2500k
260 gtx
8 gig ram

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
Spoo said:
Is anyone's shadows like... fucking green as hell?
I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'm going through the first mission(enjoyable so far) and the shadows just look like shit. Very green and not really dark at all. weird. Game seems fun, but there are some serious technical issues. I get some occasional texture thrashing or whatever you would call it. It's not normal screen tearing, although I have some of that too. Pretty disappointing from a technical standpoint so far. On the plus side, It's a lot smoother indoors. 60 fps steady.

Salsa

jaxpunk said:
2500k but everything else the same. 8x AA and gpu whatever enabled runs like a dream. Game looks insane! Running the latest released drivers, no beta.

ok this is just weird

Top Bottom