• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 11 |OT| Blame Rors/Mig/Buckethead For This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

The next time I hear someone include Rivers in a list of the league's top QB's I'm going to go ape.

He basically handed the Bears the game today.

I think the guy still deserves the benefit of the doubt in being considered top 10, but yeah there's no way anyone can argue him as elite with how extended this period of suckage has gone on. This is just insane.

Cloudy

Banned
The next time I hear someone include Rivers in a list of the league's top QB's I'm going to go ape.

I thought Rivers was okay. The Matthews fumble and horrible secondary were the real problems.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Meh, he helped but the Bears did most of the work.

Not trying to take credit away from Chicago--they played a great game.

But the combination of Rivers/Turner is a comedy of errors.

65+ completion percentage, 3:1 TDs to INTs in two of the three years, 100+ QB rating, 8.4+ YPA in every year (two of those were 8.8 YPA), teams were 2nd, 4th, and 2nd in offense over those three years...
Those stats are nice, but they're dependent entirely on his supporting cast. Which includes a future HOF TE, who happens to be hurt this year (and Rivers coincidentally happens to suck this year!)

yacobod

Banned
lol I was wondering who deserves the shaking fist smiling, Martz is always a good candidate.

hindsight is 20/20 on those kind of plays, look stupid when they don't work, look great when they work. with the win, i don't really care. it gives our opposition something to worry about in future games.

i don't know what Raheem Morris was doing in that Packers game calling the 2 onside kicks, seems like he blew the game.

pretty impressed with our offense today, we were great on 3rd down, were able to kill the clock at the end of the game when it counted, and got some good contributions from all our WRs. return game continues to put us in position to score.

7-3 heading to Oakland is looking good, but I think that will be a tough physical game. We're in good position for that 5 seed.

Mrbob

Must have missed second half Cutler beast mode he was straight up balling. He even saved a Chargers td on a mistake he didnt make.

Kusagari

You didn't get the memo? He was the best QB over the last 3 years.

2008 - 65.3% completion percentage, 8.4 avg, 34-11 TD-INT
2009 - 65.2% completion percentage, 8.8 avg, 28-9 TD-INT
2010 - 66.0% completion percentage, 8.7 avg, 30-13 TD-INT

Show me a better QB. I dare you. He was throwing to practice squad scrubs 90% of the 2010 year too. So drop the supporting cast BS.

Doomsayer

Those stats are nice, but they're dependent entirely on his supporting cast. Which includes a future HOF TE, who happens to be hurt this year (and Rivers coincidentally happens to suck this year!)

What exactly are you arguing here? He has a good supporting cast so he can't be a top 5 qb?

dabig2

good win for the bears today. Defense did better in he 2nd half.

I still like rivers, so hopefully they can change it around and rally for the division.

squicken

I'm impressed by how bad they are. I expected them to win some games during the second half of the season, but they're getting torched by the likes of Seattle... at home.

They're really bad. They'd be "#1 pick" bad, except for the Colts turning the suck up to 11 this year.

Just like the Colts, if they don't get the right GM and coach in place, they could put Buddha himself at QB and it wouldn't matter.

If this doesn't get Spags fired, then nothing will. This is his roster. His coaches. His failure. Whoever gets him would get a great D coordinator

Is your avatar rubbing off on you? You seem surprisingly pro-Bears today!

Maybe that's easy when we're playing Rivers and the Chargers.

Ha. Just pretty impressed with the Bears play lately. Defense seems in mid season form and Cutler is playing really well. Not the same team from early in the season

Rivers had no running game to help him in those three years and had a poor receiving core last year as well. He's been miserable this year, but he was really, really good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Must have missed second half Cutler beast mode he was straight up balling. He even saved a Chargers td on a mistake he didnt make.

Already said I don't want to take away from the Bears as they played a great game.

Cutler is great.

Seda

+Cutler was lights out after the first quarter. Int was not on him.
+Secondary picked it up when they needed to late.
+While Peppers and the front didn't get a sack, I liked the pressure
+Special Teams was great, even with the penalties.
-Forte had a pedestrian game, but got some great 3rd downs late.
-O line gave up a lot of pressure.
-WR's made some drops and other mistakes.
-Secondary gave up a lot of yards early.

What exactly are you arguing here? He has a good supporting cast so he can't be a top 5 qb?
Rivers had no running game to help him in those three years and had a poor receiving core last year as well. He's been miserable this year, but he was really, really good.
Supposedly this was an argument that he was the best in the game...
2008 - 65.3% completion percentage, 8.4 avg, 34-11 TD-INT
2009 - 65.2% completion percentage, 8.8 avg, 28-9 TD-INT
2010 - 66.0% completion percentage, 8.7 avg, 30-13 TD-INT

Show me a better QB. I dare you. He was throwing to practice squad scrubs 90% of the 2010 year too. So drop the supporting cast BS.
He had Gates last year!

Rivers looked like a top #5 QB (right around the #5 slot, behind Peyton, Brady, Brees, Roffles) in '08 and '09. I'll concede that. But best in the league? No way.

Levyne

Banned

He had Gates last year!

Rivers looked like a top #5 QB (right around the #5 slot, behind Peyton, Brady, Brees, Roffles) in '08 and '09. I'll concede that. But best in the league? No way.

Rodgers is the best in the game today and has a great supporting cast...

Also just realized (I think) no sacks on Cutler today. Moreso on Cutler being somewhat elusive and getting the ball out than on the line though.

RBH

iU9avYSqgJE54.png

Oh dear.

Kusagari

He had Gates last year!

I always put Rivers behind Peyton, Brady, and Brees in the QB lists, but I do not honestly think they had a better 3 year stretch than him. Brady probably would have, but he missed 08.

And I don't know how having Antonio Gates alone made Rivers look like an all star passing to a bunch of scrubs otherwise.

Rodgers is the best in the game today and has a great supporting cast...

Also just realized (I think) no sacks on Cutler today. Moreso on Cutler being somewhat elusive and getting the ball out than on the line though.
Peyton is hurt, Brady isn't what he used to be, and Brees is short. That's the reason people can make the "Rodgers is the best QB!" argument with a straight face. He's not clearly above any of those three.

I always put Rivers behind Peyton, Brady, and Brees in the QB lists, but I do not honestly think they had a better 3 year stretch than him. Brady probably would have, but he missed 08.

And I don't know how having Antonio Gates alone made Rivers look like an all star passing to a bunch of scrubs otherwise.
I should add, Rivers is missing more than Gates this year. Sproles is gone too!

If that doesn't seem like a big deal, take a look at the year by year EPA: http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2009&pos=RB&season=all

Mrbob

Looking at the Packers remaining schedule, Niners are going to get the one seed unless they crap the bed these last 6 weeks.

Mrbob

Bears age, who are we rooting for on Thursday? Can both the Lions and Packers lose?

With the Bears remaining schedule I think they could still make a run at the division if some games break their way.

Seda

Bears age, who are we rooting for on Thursday? Can both the Lions and Packers lose?

With the Bears remaining schedule I think they could still make a run at the division if some games break their way.

Considering that the packers will win the division barring a big meltdown, root for them to knock the Lions a little.

Concede the division, you (like other Wildcard hopefuls) want the lions to lose

Mrbob

Concede the division, you (like other Wildcard hopefuls) want the lions to lose

Bears are going to win at least 11 games this year, not worried about tiebreakers. But the Bears have these too over almost every other team not named New Orleans.

What three games will the Packers lose?

Chicago is assured. Also one against Detroit. Perhaps the Giants as well.

Edit: I suppose winning the division didn't help at all last year. Getting in will be good enough. I don't know if I have it in me to root for Green Bay, though.

eznark

Banned
Bears are going to win at least 11 games this year, not worried about tiebreakers. But the Bears have these too over almost every other team not named New Orleans.

Chicago is assured. Also one against Detroit. Perhaps the Giants as well.

Edit: I suppose winning the division didn't help at all last year. Getting in will be good enough. I don't know if I have it in me to root for Green Bay, though.

If you think the Packers will lose three games it would take a special kind of retarded to root for them.

So I assume you will root for GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom