• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Not sure why people are complaining about the removal of haste. It honestly isn't a big deal. Haste can be obtained via preemptive strike.

You can combo paradigms into each other so being able to attack fast isn't an issue.

Running around Archylte Steppe, and I ran into some weird time/space warp or something. Got a preemptive strike on it, and it turns out it was a
Metal Gigantuar

WHAT THE HELL?!

desu

Running around Archylte Steppe, and I ran into some weird time/space warp or something. Got a preemptive strike on it, and it turns out it was a
Metal Gigantuar

WHAT THE HELL?!

Yes thats a rare encounter, there are quite a few of those :).

desu

I find that lame, to be honest. That is just going to make it hard for people who want to fight it and people who don't want to fight it never want to run into it.

I dont really understand you, whats the problem? That they rare? If so there is a fragment skill that makes it much easier. If you want to avoid them, well you can easily run away, no hassle.

dellingr

Anyone else ordered from GAME UK? Mine hasnt shipped yet :(

Mine hasn't shipped either. A fair amount of people posting in the thread about Game not being able to get stock have said their copies haven't been dispatched as well. I figure that I'll bite the bullet and cancel the preorder if my copy isn't dispatched by this evening.

Carbonox

I'm still waiting for Amazon to dispatch my order. Not like them to wait until the day before. I usually get the dispatch email 2/3 days prior.

It better fucking be here tomorrow.

Mine hasn't shipped either. A fair amount of people posting in the thread about Game not being able to get stock have said their copies haven't been dispatched as well. I figure that I'll bite the bullet and cancel the preorder if my copy isn't dispatched by this evening.

I ordered my copy along with the CE strategy guide on Tuesday and just got an email saying it was dispatched.

Anyone else ordered from GAME UK? Mine hasnt shipped yet :(

Same here, or that was the case last night after which I kinda rage-unpreordered it and got a refund.

I'm just gonna pick it up from blockbusters tomorrow, might go and see if their selling it a day early today though.

Fought a Red Chocobo. Spent 10 minutes getting its health down to 20%. It used Choco Cure to get it back up to 70%, shook its ass at me, and ran away.

What.

I find that lame, to be honest. That is just going to make it hard for people who want to fight it and people who don't want to fight it never want to run into it.

What's the problem really? An issue with XIII was there weren't enough of these cool rare ultra hard encounters. Also weren't you just complaining the game wasn't difficult enough on the last page or something?

Riposte

Fought a Red Chocobo. Spent 10 minutes getting its health down to 20%. It used Choco Cure to get it back up to 70%, shook its ass at me, and ran away.

What.

You weren't ready for the chocorodio

What's the problem really? An issue with XIII was there weren't enough of these cool rare ultra hard encounters. Also weren't you just complaining the game wasn't difficult enough on the last page or something?

Simply, I like the format of straight forward hunts better. Spawn monster, fight monster. Making it so the hard stuff is random doesn't really benefit anyone. If that can be manipulated to be less random, cool.

Zafir

I'd like to cancel my pre-order at GAME, but I'd be paying through the roof anywhere else for the Crystal Edition this close to release. If their twitter is anything to believe, apparently they're processing them today to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I'll believe that when I see it though.

Adamm

Im the same. I pre-ordered the crystal edition back in october, so just gonna stick with them.
But im not going to be happy if I dont get it!

EDIT: just reading thier twitter, lots of the stuff about FXII-2 being shipped this morning. So ill trust them, game havent let me down yet :)

I'd like to cancel my pre-order at GAME, but I'd be paying through the roof anywhere else for the Crystal Edition this close to release. If their twitter is anything to believe, apparently they're processing them today to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I'll believe that when I see it though.

hmm well I'm one of the cheap people that doesn't buy CE's or LE's haha so I guess its easier for me to simply cancel than others.

Simply, I like the format of straight forward hunts better. Spawn monster, fight monster. Making it so the hard stuff is random doesn't really benefit anyone. If that can be manipulated to be less random, cool.

Fair enough. I somewhat agree with you actually, I prefer things to be straightforward too (even the linearity of XIII didn't bother me much due to that reason).

Tizoc

OK just finished the 2nd area in the Histor Crux, and am off to the third one. I'd like some help with the monsters though; I'm currently using:
Lvl. 20 Hoplite (COM)
Lvl. 15 Cait Sith (MED)
Lvl. 20 Zwerg Scandroid (RAV)
Other monsters I have are Lvl. 1:
Uridmiru
Gremlin
Grachae
Meonekton
Nekton
Spicealin

How should I go about Infusing these monsters?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I just decided what I want next: "Caius Episode DLC", with him playable of course. Do it Square!

A bit disappointed with GAME for this release. I pretty much always get a game a day or two early when I preorder with them but not this time. It's not a big deal, but after being spoilt for so long, you get used to it lol

Hopefully it comes tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Adamm

A bit disappointed with GAME for this release. I pretty much always get a game a day or two early when I preorder with them but not this time. It's not a big deal, but after being spoilt for so long, you get used to it lol

Hopefully it comes tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

My game order has been shipped but I never got any email telling me. So still hope that I will get it tommorow!

I also ordered the guide from amazon yesterday. Lets see which one i get first! :D

dellingr

My game order has been shipped but I never got any email telling me. So still hope that I will get it tommorow!

I also ordered the guide from amazon yesterday. Lets see which one i get first! :D

Are you me? I did the exact same thing and ordered the guide from Amazon yesterday just for it to be shipped today, heh. And like you my copy of the game has been dispatched but I haven't received an email telling me.

My Crystal Edition just arrived. Hoorah!

6ekgk.jpg

On the OST there's this awesome song called "Crazy Chocobo"...

scy

Also, defeating weakened Atlas with two party members on normal mode is entirely possible, if anyone's curious.

It wasn't ... too bad. Rav/Rav until he broke with Sen/Sen swap as needed for his attacks (+ Potions!). Com/Com until he died. Basically, the FFXIII boss strat complete with ATB cancels as best I could. Did it with fairly low levels (<10 for Com/Rav, base Sen) and a Level 1 Rav monster that died early on like a champ.

Anyway, made it to Chapter 3 last night, proceeded to
go to the wrong area, I guess, since I started off with Chapter 3 Part 2. Flan was a terrible fight at those levels so I hightailed it out to Part 1 after the fight ... and then nearly died to a Behemoth in a stupidly long fight :| Finally used most my stored CPs to get up to ~25/25/10/10 range and spent last night capturing a Behemoth. Hooray! Then I accidentally bought like 10 Phoenix Downs and have no money so maybe I'm back to a grind at some point...

Is there a list of rare/rare-ish monsters? Might spend some time doing some Gotta Catch 'em All style grinding later today. I noticed that
Bresha Ruins seemed to have gotten some new enemies when I finished the place? That or I managed to not see any of those the entire time I was there until I was leaving.

Sorry if its been mentioned already but, I spent like 30min trying to get the game to install on Xbox. Just kept freezing on the installation screen and I couldn't for the life of me understand why, eventually in my testing I unplugged the Internet and it worked straight away.

>_>

Cloud save thingy conflicting with installing to hard disc and causing an issue or something?

PAL Crystal Edition version.

MechaX

Okay, for the entire min/max stats thing for the crystarium, am I correct in surmising the following:

1) ONLY level up COM/RAV on Large Nodes
2) ONLY level up MED/SYN on Small Nodes
3) Level up SAB/SYN on Large Nodes taking into account the even odd thing

I'll probably just restart, since I'm not that far in and Team SaGa-esque arbitrary stat building tends to irritate me.

Ricker

Okay, for the entire min/max stats thing for the crystarium, am I correct in surmising the following:

I'll probably just restart, since I'm not that far in and Team SaGa-esque arbitrary stat building tends to irritate me.

I'll look at that this morning,I'm just at the start of the second episode,which was the demo and I stopped levelling in the Crystarium because I wasn't sure I was understanding it right,can't get use to the screen for it,it's very confusing to me,compared to XIII,where you had a better zoomed out of view of the ''tree''...for now battles are easy switching mostly the 3 default one if you want,Com/Com ,Rav/Com ,and Sent/Sent for the Boss swipes and the like but I don't want to mess up for later fights.

Yeah, I'd like an answer to this as well. I'm still only in Chapter 2 so my leveling isn't too far gone, but it can't be as simple as leveling Serah as RAV and Noel as COM. I feel like I'm missing something and don't want to get screwed over later.

Zoe

You level up the important roles on the big nodes and the lesser roles on the small nodes.

What roles are important is up to you.

So how big is the world? IE, how many towns, dungeons, fields, etc.

One of the few problems I've had with fully 3D JRPGs have been the smallness of their worlds, with only a few different areas.

hertog

man, now I'm just wating for a all and/or E-mail that they got the game.

Too bad they couldn't get the crystal edition anymore :(

Toth

You level up the important roles on the big nodes and the lesser roles on the small nodes.

That's how I am doing it. You benefit from getting the lesser used roles leveled up and perhaps a few useful abilities and traits. Meanwhile, your main role stats are always strengthened the most each time. It's a very versatile system.

That's how I am doing it. You benefit from getting the lesser used roles leveled up and perhaps a few useful abilities and traits. Meanwhile, your main role stats are always strengthened the most each time. It's a very versatile system.
Thanks!

MrDenny

I'm still on episode 2, but if we wanted this game to be more difficult would you suggest leveling up the non-important roles more than the main roles?

The_Monk

Will pick this up tomorrow and will be the Collectors Edition, thanks to extra store credit I have.

I just wanted to thanks to everybody who helped me decide to get this. Thanks Zoe and the other fellow GAFfers for helping me!

scy

MED/SEN, you mean? Basically, yes. The Large Node bonuses are:

+2 Magic:
Any Ravager Level
Odd Synergist Level (i.e., from Level 4 to Level 5 would be an "odd" level).
Odd Saboteur Level

+2 Attack:
Any Commando Level
Even Saboteur Level

+6 HP:
Any Medic Level
Any Sentinel Level
Even Synergist Level

So, basically, if you want to max ATK, make sure you level Commando only on Large Nodes and all your Even Saboteur level ups are on Large Nodes; if you want to max Magic, level Ravager only on Large nodes and your Odd Synergy and Sabaoteur level ups on Large Nodes.

Or just not think about it too much and just use your Large Nodes for the role you care about.

mr. puppy

Banned
i haven't levelled up any of my monsters yet, but i'm still pissed b/c my only com monster is
hoplite still
and i was waiting for the next guy to come but i guess I should just start dumping all my stats items into these dumpy monsters i got at the beginning of the game.

Just went to blockbuster, they have copies but refused to sell them to me!

At least the person at the counter was a big FF enthusiast who liked XIII and he's playing through XIII-2 already and loves it.

Gonna get it from there tomorrow after GAME's epic fail!

Top Bottom