• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Remastered maybe coming to PC(and probably Consoles too)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Qlnkeem.jpg

EJsmpux.png

I know the series got a lot of hate, but I think I definitely jump back in again just to play them in a decent resolution and framerate.
and the OST in XIII is fantastic
Although I do find it odd it's only listed for the PC
What you say GAF!

Last edited:

Muffdraul

It was the first FF to really seriously let me down after becoming a superfan in 1994 after playing FFVI... but yeah I'd play an FFXIII remaster. IMO it's a shit FF, but a decent modern JRPG in general. Certainly better than goddamn FFXVI.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The current trilogy on PC is still crap, even modern hardware and modders can't completely fix all performance the issues so good news.
I was wondering what the point of it would be as it's already available, this makes sense
Sadly the info that's being reported here is very old.

And with that, the dream is dead
What a shame

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This guy's obsession with making a female cloud popular almost destroyed Final Fantasy. If he was horny for Cloud he should have just admitted it.
Yeah right. He is the only director there that was putting out profitable projects on time and on budget. He practically saved the entire company. 14 1.0, and Versus fully shit their pants. Now he leads the 7R team which is obviously still the best they've got. 7R is basically 13-4.

violence

I remember spending a bunch of time tinkering with mods for XIII. I got it to the point where I was happy with it then I dropped it out of boredom. For shits and gigglesI tried XIII-2 when it was on PC game pass, holy shit it ran bad. Those ports suck.

This guy's obsession with making a female Cloud popular almost destroyed Final Fantasy. If he was horny for Cloud he should have just admitted it. We didn't need 3 official genderbender doujins.

Honestly I'd rather just play a girl if they are going to do a character like Vaan.

Last edited:

Power Pro

I'd be down, even though these games play pretty great on Series X already.

I really hated FF13 when it first came out, but I loved 13-2, and Lightning Returns, and consider them some of my favorites. I've been wanting to do a replay for a while.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The SE Facebook has been steady mentioning FFXIII content for the last few months. Makes sense…but wouldn’t make sense if it’s only PC.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I'd be down, even though these games play pretty great on Series X already.

I really hated FF13 when it first came out, but I loved 13-2, and Lightning Returns, and consider them some of my favorites. I've been wanting to do a replay for a while.
Me too hating 13 when it released. I revisited about 2 years later with a new perspective and actually really enjoyed it. So much that I platinumed the trilogy and 100% the Steam OG 13 release. I think people hated this game so much because it was the first real time people realized Square had abandoned the turn based system (even tho they did with 12 already).

Power Pro

Me too hating 13 when it released. I revisited about 2 years later with a new perspective and actually really enjoyed it. So much that I platinumed the trilogy and 100% the Steam OG 13 release. I think people hated this game so much because it was the first real time people realized Square had abandoned the turn based system (even tho they did with 12 already).
It wasn't the lack of turn based that was the problem for it, but pacing and how the game has soooo many tutorials for a dozen hours or more. For me, it was that the first 13 game just doesn't let you play the friggin' game enough. Even when it does "open up" so to speak, it's still not much. Part of why I loved 13-2 so much is that game just throws you into it, and let's you have fun with the combat from the get go. 13 holds your hand for waaaaay too long.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
It wasn't the lack of turn based that was the problem for it, but pacing and how the game has soooo many tutorials for a dozen hours or more. For me, it was that the first 13 game just doesn't let you play the friggin' game enough. Even when it does "open up" so to speak, it's still not much. Part of why I loved 13-2 so much is that game just throws you into it, and let's you have fun with the combat from the get go. 13 holds your hand for waaaaay too long.
I get that and I can agree. I enjoyed 13-2 more, and really like the change up with Lightning Returns. I just really enjoyed 13 when I revisited it, without getting over hyped about it.

SiahWester

I've been replaying the original PC release on the Steam Deck as I never actually beat it all those years ago. They play pretty well and have had zero issues.

kunonabi

Nah, it's just a poorly designed, poorly written piece of shit.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Overall I think the XIII series are a fall from grace, but they had some merits. Art direction, cutscene direction, music, combat, general mythos. But the characters suck a lot of the joy out the story, particularly in the first game. I think XIII-2 and LR are more replayable than the first game just because it was so repetitive. It would be great if they added some of the improvements from the 2nd and 3rd entries into the first game, but its very unlikely. ;(

cireza

XIII-2 and especially LR were awesome, played them on Xbox BC. Good for the other platforms to get these.

Last edited:

RaduN

These games had the most painfully cliche' characters in any FF ever.
However, i still enjoyed the main game for it's great systems, music and world, twice. Good times.

Top Bottom