• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink | Review Thread

What average score do you think Granblue Fantasy: Relink will get on Metacritic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baki

Game looks fun as hell. Demo was a win. Q1 is stacked and I'm working through a backlog. It's on my buy list, want to play with my buddies.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
If you raise a few points to a game because it has some low score, then you have to raise the score for practically every game. Because negative (and positive) outliers are ironically normal.
You have to read my response again. I disregard low and high scores from outlets I don’t trust is what I mean. I also fully disregard way far outliers no matter what…That leads me to the same place regardless. Either I am going to like the game, or I am not. Also, “some” low scores or “some” high scores are cool, but when you score a game 25+ points higher or 25+ points lower than the average, that’s when there is clearly a problem, and also why I disregard those scores completely.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Okay, now I’m 6+ chapters in and several online quests in, this is a damn fun time, seriously. Story isn't fleshed out quite yet and I’m unsure where it’s going at this moment, but I have an idea. I would like to quest it out with some gaffers once it fully releases and you make some progress. I haven’t done a lot of group type gaming since the original Destiny, but this is one I’m down to play with some folks. I feel that it’s going to be insane with the late and post game quests. If you play and are interested, give me an add. I’m on psn cash_longfellow. I don’t always mic up because of my house noise and cat who is one step from slicing my jugular, but I’m in lol. Just let me know on the request that you are from Gaf, I still don’t trust the scammers lol

Yonyx

You have to read my response again. I disregard low and high scores from outlets I don’t trust is what I mean. I also fully disregard way far outliers no matter what…That leads me to the same place regardless. Either I am going to like the game, or I am not. Also, “some” low scores or “some” high scores are cool, but when you score a game 25+ points higher or 25+ points lower than the average, that’s when there is clearly a problem, and also why I disregard those scores completely.
I repeat, this happens with practically all the games :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:
The OC score has risen to 82!

image.png

Holammer

steam reviews are mixed. It seems game is crashing constantly.

P9jqBh5.jpg

Yep, lots of crash complaints, some random bits of about localization issues & region locked multiplayer.
Still, third best selling right now and they have the store hero or "store takeover" as Valve likes to call it.

Guilty_AI

How are tens of thousands of people playing it if it is “crashing constantly”?
Because it is crashing constantly for some. There are also some work arounds that make the game work properly in its current state.

Steam reviews are also slowly rising (mostly positive now), which makes me believe the game is great enough to outweight whatever technical issues it has right now.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Ya'll brave to buy this company's games on PC.

A developer has to be really trusted for me to get their PC version. If they are known for console releases, that is where I'm getting that day 1.

A developer has to be really trusted for me to get their PC version. If they are known for console releases, that is where I'm getting that day 1.
When it comes to over 80% of Japanese games, I mainly trust that they put most of their effort into Playstation or Nintendo first and foremost.

Guilty_AI

This is a dev known for mobile releases tho.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

lol, thats even worse.

I'd stay away from PC even more so based on that tbh.
Doesn't seem that terrible honestly, its mostly just crashes which will get fixed. Aside from that, performance seems good enough, M&K support isn't that great but thats true for most JP releases. Even the steam reviews have been steadly going up since release time.

I think its better to choose platform here based on where your friends are playing at since there's no crossplay.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Picked it up cuz a buddy was talking it up to the moon and back.

PS5 version. 4k30 or 1080p60fps. Wtf kind of choice is that? Seriously couldn’t upscale to maintain the 60fps? Game looks good but this can’t be that demanding …. Went with the 60fps since its action combat.

Game starts off great albeit a lot of exposition dumps.

Then shits on your plate with these terrible fate side quests which would be a codex or a flash back cut scene in a normal game. Not mash X cuz I don’t give a fuck what happened to these characters prior to this game man. Who thought I wanted to stare at one static photo while a character talks for 3-7 minutes straight for each of these. That is not a quest man….

Then I do the side quests and they are just on par with what games like FF16 get lambasted for being bad at, or what we’ve seen many time over in white knight chronicles or the sword art online games. I tried to play online with the most broad search parameters and couldn’t find anyone for a single one. So why even bother with an online mode?

At least the SP is cool so far for focusing on story but this is a very shallow game so far with some major issues for me.

EDMIX

Doesn't seem that terrible honestly, its mostly just crashes which will get fixed. Aside from that, performance seems good enough, M&K support isn't that great but thats true for most JP releases. Even the steam reviews have been steadly going up since release time.

I think its better to choose platform here based on where your friends are playing at since there's no crossplay.

True, but this is one of those to each his own type things.

Don't get me wrong, i love gaming on PC for decades, but some times its a quick fix, other times.....its a mess and no one should play XYZ developers games on PC. I'm not chancing that and maybe after a generation of them putting out solid titles on PC, I'll be more open to it sorta like how Square is on PC now.

terrible fate side quests
I don’t give a fuck what happened to these characters prior to this game man.
I find them charming and informative. We get to see the characters’ motivations without having to slog through dialogue and cutscenes. Why are you watching them if you don’t care about the character backstory?

I really enjoy how they handled it. They are short and sweet. Some of them even have action sequences! The writing is fantastic. These fate sequences are enjoyable unlike Arise’s skits, which have me praying that when each one ends, there isn’t immediately another (my hand shakes in defiance as I once again press R1).

I posted this in the OT. Wonderful writing.

IMG-0050.jpg

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Picked it up cuz a buddy was talking it up to the moon and back.

PS5 version. 4k30 or 1080p60fps. Wtf kind of choice is that? Seriously couldn’t upscale to maintain the 60fps? Game looks good but this can’t be that demanding …. Went with the 60fps since its action combat.

Game starts off great albeit a lot of exposition dumps.

Then shits on your plate with these terrible fate side quests which would be a codex or a flash back cut scene in a normal game. Not mash X cuz I don’t give a fuck what happened to these characters prior to this game man. Who thought I wanted to stare at one static photo while a character talks for 3-7 minutes straight for each of these. That is not a quest man….

Then I do the side quests and they are just on par with what games like FF16 get lambasted for being bad at, or what we’ve seen many time over in white knight chronicles or the sword art online games. I tried to play online with the most broad search parameters and couldn’t find anyone for a single one. So why even bother with an online mode?

At least the SP is cool so far for focusing on story but this is a very shallow game so far with some major issues for me.
Episodes bro…they are called episodes and not quests. That should tell you everything you need to know about them.

Top Bottom