• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So is it confirmed no beta, or is it "right now we don't think there is going to be a beta"?

Also Tashi, what is your ceiling?

Raide

No beta = no community feedback during production = better game. Betas are costly in terms of development economics, and sheer time. In my opinion they aren't worth the effort, if you're going to ship a game that can be maintained.

Regardless of the Beta, when it launches they will get a load of Community feedback. :D

Just want to say it's pretty cool that 343 reveal multiplayer, even the tiniest snippets of multiplayer, as 4v4 slayer with BRs on two small maps. Kudos.

Wow, Halo 4 looks and sounds amazing. Incredible job 343i.

Can we get confirmation of when we will be seeing actual gameplay videos/clips that aren't spliced into the video? It would be nice to get an actual feel for how the game plays/looks/sounds.

Better screen of the "Grenadier" loadout.

iWhvlLbDzVK8f.jpg
That's an armour ability or perk in the very top left, right?

So much to be 'splained.

GhaleonEB

Random speculation:

From the video, there's a shot of the Chief pulling open a door in first person. I wonder if that's a scripted moment or gameplay. And if it's gameplay, whether sealed doorways such as those can all be opened, or if we need to upgrade certain abilities to open some of them (IIRC, there are Metroid folks on staff).
That's an armour ability or perk in the very top left, right?

So much to be 'splained.

Aye. Looks like three grenade types, and the armor ability over in that corner. The whole thing was much more of a tease than I expected, but we'll have answers soon. So many little details in there.

(Okay, now off to work.)

Random speculation:

From the video, there's a shot of the Chief pulling open a door in first person. I wonder if that's a scripted moment or gameplay. And if it's gameplay, whether sealed doorways such as those can all be opened, or if we need to upgrade certain abilities to open some of them (IIRC, there are Metroid folks on staff).
Don't know about the Metroid stuff, but one F. O'Connor confirmed elsewhere (can't remember where), that the door-yanking is player controlled.

Raide

It would be glorious, POE multiplayer games are the way of the future :p

Even if it was Red Vs Blue, split into Clans from each faction. Have a battle on that map, win and gain more territory. Calculate all the wins and losses for the day, assign the territory.

Kill Red/Blue, Acquire Currency.

Trey

Random speculation:

My money is on scripted/cutscene.

Don't know about the Metroid stuff, but one F. O'Connor confirmed elsewhere (can't remember where), that the door-yanking is player controlled.

Or not.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Explain the joke, unless dasthejoke.jpg

Either way I'm lost.

Frankie made it up to tease me. I deflected it, ran with it and teased everyone else. Sorry :/

lolz

Also, I can't wait to find jumps that let me climb on the mech on Warhouse. Gonna poopy on kids.

Native 720p and AA?

Thank you based 343!
One or two things about the art style and HUD don't seem quite 'Halo', but I'm sure they'll grow on me. On the technical side, it's about as good as we could have reasonably hoped for, provided all else about Halo remains equal (large environments, plenty of foes, glorious skyboxes, saved films). 60fps would have been icing, but I was never honestly expecting it.

wwm0nkey

Even if it was Red Vs Blue, split into Clans from each faction. Have a battle on that map, win and gain more territory. Calculate all the wins and losses for the day, assign the territory.

Kill Red/Blue, Acquire Currency.

Maybe armor unlocks to the winning side of each war as well?

Would be cool but we know next to nothing about MP right now, but its fun to think of possibilities.

Raide

I like to think developers know better than fans when it comes to making good games.

Players don't know what they want, it's that simple.

In this case, I think the Halo Community does know what it wants.

Maybe armor unlocks to the winning side of each war as well?

Would be cool but we know next to nothing about MP right now, but its fun to think of possibilities.

That would be awesome. Like CH, being able to get faction and area specific parts to customize your Spartan would be an interesting idea.

343i said they had a more interesting reason for Red and Blue fighting. :D

The idea of different Spartan factions fighting over for political reasons ala invasion gave a huge boner.

I also can't imagine these beautiful spartans walking through shit looking grey blocks, hopefully FW will look amazing.

FyreWulff

Clan emblems on scoreboards?

SCOREBOARDS?!

Holy moly this game... THIS GAME!

I was thinking it's either the emblem of the top scorer on each team, or it's placeholder for the eventual "logos" of the factions for multplayer. Think the Snake/Hawk emblems on the bases on Coagulation.

Frankie made it up to tease me. I deflected it, ran with it and teased everyone else. Sorry :/

lolz

Also, I can't wait to find jumps that let me climb on the mech on Warhouse. Gonna poopy on kids.

Halo 4 will have a perk that will ensure the player needs one less kill for an overkill. <3

Trey

I like to think developers know better than fans when it comes to making good games.

Players don't know what they want, it's that simple.

Well, it seems as though 343 made a list of the desires of the majority here and presumably at MLG and went through it point by point. Not that I blame them, but there is a give and take element that is unavoidable based on the consumer nature of the media.

heckfu

Banned
I was thinking it's either the emblem of the top scorer on each team, or it's placeholder for the eventual "logos" of the factions for multplayer. Think the Snake/Hawk emblems on the bases on Coagulation.

I REALLY hope it's clans, though.

Just imagine, I could hop in to a game with you at any time! Wouldn't that make you smile?

Questions-

Will we get any more footage or screens? Possibly the MP footage shown to the press?

Will we get any direct details via Halo Waypoint such as what we are seeing?

Will there be a direct download for the XBL marketplace with the BTS video? I want this on my TV!

Well, it seems as though 343 made a list of the desires of the majority here and presumably at MLG and went through it point by point. Not that I blame them, but there is a give and take element that is unavoidable based on the consumer nature of the media.
Funnily enough, this is sort of what my dissertation is about.

Because I wasn't kidding before.

I really am doing my dissertation on HaloGAF.

wwm0nkey

In this case, I think the Halo Community does know what it wants.

That would be awesome. Like CH, being able to get faction and area specific parts to customize your Spartan would be an interesting idea.

343i said they had a more interesting reason for Red and Blue fighting. :D

We can only hope, actually I would like other HaloGAF members thoughts on the matter if they would like a fight for territory mode in Halo 4 that is played outside of the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom