• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away for 3 hours, so it's been a nice catch up.

Sadly was expecting more of a campaign focus (no Cortana makes Zeo something something), but by good, Plywood, your BR-Kill gif is godly. Absolutely godly.

heckfu

Banned
So there's a subtle HUD bob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f6UL63Zo-uo#t=190s

.gif of it:

gif24hx72.gif

I also don't see the radar blip dim or brighten based of vertical level of the enemy. Hopefully that radar aspect has been trashed.

FyreWulff

I really really hope not. Was just talking to Jazzy about MLG being the last bastion of decent Reach with ZB and bleedthrough.

I hope Anniversary Classic doesn't lose it either, since that playlist is intentionally emulating the Halo 1 experience. But I gave up on understanding their decisions after the 4SK-nopop change.

I also don't see the radar blip dim or brighten based of vertical level of the enemy. Hopefully that radar aspect has been trashed.

No, but the radar is easier to read in regards to elevation. There are arrows on top or below the blip(s) on the radar now, these show the elevation.

Edit: damn you Tashi!

Kuroyume

Banned
Game looks fucking great. Graphically it looks better than Reach which is still a nice looking game. Any word on whether or not the DMR is in the game? Also, regarding the character progression system how is that going to work out? Could use some details about load outs too. I'm guessing you're not going to be able to spawn with a rocket launcher, but BR/pistol or BR and pistol/dmr/nr/carbine is okay?

Also, any word on flag juggling or the melee lunge?

"Wraparound," one of two multiplayer maps that Microsoft has shown to press, exhibits sophisticated lighting and shiny, sparse hallways inside a forerunner shield world. The second locale, "Warhouse," is centered around a mech construction facility rife with catwalks and ramps (think: Sword Base).

tumblr_lscvp82JJt1qcxdjv.gif

heckfu

Banned
I liked the radar up/down indicators in Reach. I see no issue with it.

It's making it too easy for people to know exactly where the enemies are! Don't dumb down the level of competitiveness to lower the skill gap; regardless of how poor I am at this game I still think a playlist with no radar would be excellent.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Browsing the earlier pages of this morning, saw someone post that supposed leaks were posted in the FUD'S chat room. What were they, and I'm guessing they were confirmed false?

It'd making it too easy for people to know exactly where the enemies are! Don't dumb down the level of competitiveness to lower the skill gap; regardless of how poor I am at this game I still think a playlist with no radar would be excellent.

Well, it's almost immaterial at most points - if they show on the tracker, you're gonna know where they are anyway, due to most likely spots/other indicators.

I just liked the extra confirmation ;) Didn't detract from the intensity for me.

Alienshogun
Banned
(Today, 10:14 AM)

aDDiKt24
Banned
(Today, 10:15 AM)

Retro
Banned
(Today, 10:18 AM)

Halo hype making people crazy. Just wait until we get some real trailers

Homeboyd

Browsing the earlier pages of this morning, saw someone post that supposed leaks were posted in the FUD'S chat room. What were they, and I'm guessing they were confirmed false?
Yeah that dude was going on about September releases, May betas, Lockout being remade and a bunch of other random shit.

I like that. A lot. Almost so much that I wish it were more visible.

also, just wanted to add because it seems to be overlooked...

"its a battle rifle, its not the dmr shown today... it is not a replacement to the dmr" - Frank http://www.metacafe.com/watch/81853...4_interview_at_microsoft_spring_shocase_2012/

so, i fully expect the dmr to return

I thought the same thing, but as others pointed out he may be referring to the Pistol

The footage in the vid is still pre-alpha.
Wow. It looks shippable. Without going into specifics, anything in there that is placeholder or you know will change?

Havok

Well, it's almost immaterial at most points - if they show on the tracker, you're gonna know where they are anyway, due to most likely spots/other indicators.

I just liked the extra confirmation ;) Didn't detract from the intensity for me.
But that's the thing - being able to intuit their most likely position from an ambiguous indicator is, or was, a vital skill. No reason to remove that skill.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wonder if the white part is your "health" per say.
As soon as that is completely depleted, you die.
Or if they are going to go the Halo 3 way of not knowing how much damage you can take when your shields are going.

I was wondering the same thing. I think the beginning/left side of the white bar signifies your actual damage taken. I don't see how a BR shot can do so little damage.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Don't have the patience to re-create all the links here, but Forward Unto Dawn has been keeping a hub (and chat room!) for all the Halo 4 craziness today. Here's a run down of everything so far, and we're constantly keeping it updated!

Forward Unto Dawn Halo 4 Hub

videoslabel.png

G4TV | The Gameplay of Halo 4
Gametrailers | Halo 4 Interview
GamesReactor | Halo 4 – Frank O’Connor Interview
Youtube | Making Halo 4: First Look
MetaCafe | Frank O’Connor Halo 4 Interview at Microsoft Spring Showcase 2012

gallerieslabel.png

CVG | Halo 4: 84 gameplay screenshots
HaloWaypoint | Halo 4 Master Chief
GamingEverything | Halo 3 vs. Halo 4 Master Chief comparison images
Gaming Everything | Three More Images
GamerLive | First Halo 4 Images

linkslabel.png

VideoGamer | Halo 4 engine has ‘vast improvements’ over Halo: Reach
DigitalSpy | ‘Halo 4′ interview: 343 Industries on multiplayer, new forms of story
Gamefront | Halo 4 Demo Report
Pocket-Lint | Halo 4 screens, video and hands-on
Forbes | New Halo 4 Details, Screenshots Emerge As 343 Industries Takes The Warthog’s Wheel
NowGamer | Halo 4 Interview: 343 Industries On Halo, Call Of Duty & Multiplayer
CVG | Halo 4: First look at 343′s ‘dramatically different’ Halo
CVG | Halo 4 is ‘faster, more intense’
Wired | Halo 4 Developer Pledges ‘Darker’ Tone For Shooter Series
NowGamer | Halo 4: Multiplayer, Plot & Gameplay Round Up
Guardian | Halo 4: Master Chief redesigned and campaign mode widened
Joystiq | Halo 4 bringing the Battle Rifle back, introducing unlockable abilities in progression system
Guardian | Call of Duty meets Master Chief?
VentureBeat | 11 new things we’ve learned about Halo
IGN | Rebuilding Master Chief in Halo 4
Edge | Halo 4 Rvealed
EuroGamer | Halo 4 perks system introduced
Kotaku | Your First Look at Halo 4
Destructoid |Your first glimpse at Halo 4
EuroGamer | Halo 4 Preview: Remaster Chief
GameFanMag | Bringing Humanity to Master Chief — Halo 4 first details
GamerLive | New Halo 4 Images — Master Chief Never looked So Good

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I thought the same thing, but as others pointed out he may be referring to the Pistol

yeah, but i think thats more based on ryan's direction of the conversation asking about the CE pistol. "its not the dmr shown today" leads me to think that it will be shown eventually.

Game looks fucking great. Graphically it looks better than Reach which is still a nice looking game. Any word on whether or not the DMR is in the game?
Frankie was implying in the OXM interview, that single shot weapons very like the DMR aren't going anywhere.
So there'll be something.

Seems like it shows enemies on your radar no matter how far away they are from you. In the video there are several red dots a bit outside the border of the radar

Kuroyume

Banned
Plywood posted this gif in the other thread:

iwgp6yFySG5IB.gif

Wow... Anyone who wanted the suit to look like the old H2/H3 suit should just get out.
GET OUT

I was wondering the same thing. I think the beginning/left side of the white bar signifies your actual damage taken. I don't see how a BR shot can do so little damage.

I'm thinking the health (white) is depleted after the shields (blue).
Everything keeps shifting left as you take damage, as soon as health is completely gone, you die.
The BR took out about 1/4th of the shields.
And that same 1/4th of the shields looks like the amount of health you get.
I assume with those settings, BR is a 5 shot kill. Which is ok because it shoots much faster.

If it does, four-shot kill is more or less confirmed... and given that there's 36 bullets in a clip... 12 rounds... that means... even more Triple Kills for Tashi!!!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys should really watch the video outside of Youtube. The sound is orgasimic. My ears my purring. My Sennheisers are glowing.

broony

Which video had what looked like WIP footage from the singleplayer of someone walking down a ladder?

It's hard for me to check at work. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom