• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Arnold was in great shape in Twins too. And yea Commando is godly.

Pistolas double with the snipe was insane. The fact that he jumped and shot through the crack makes it even crazier. Ending of that series was epic. I would have loved to be there. Awesome event so far.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to ask if the Cortana images hurt the game's replayability overall or just the level Cortana? It didn't hurt the game's replaybility for me; they're only 5-10 seconds max and one or twice per level. Plus they're completely absent from The Ark and The Covenant (until the end of the level).

Edit: The option to turn them off would've been great.
Each mission that had Cortana flashing on screen. Again I really did not enjoy them because I first played the game on Legendary and dying for the umpeenth time and seeing her likeness flash on screen and ruin the pace was not enjoyable.

I would've loved an option to turn it off.

Each mission that had Cortana flashing on screen. Again I really did not enjoy them because I first played the game on Legendary and dying for the umpeenth time and seeing her likeness flash on screen and ruin the pace was not enjoyable.

Yeah, another shoddy component of Halo 3's narrative.

GhaleonEB

That would have been nice, though I'd have settled for the ability to skip them as with the short cutaway scenes (Arby and Chief overlooking the dam on the first level, for instance). Cortana starts up, tap A twice, done.

Karl2177

That would have been nice, though I'd have settled for the ability to skip them as with the short cutaway scenes (Arby and Chief overlooking the dam on the first level, for instance). Cortana starts up, tap A twice, done.

Thing about those is that they take control away from the player momentarily to change the camera. Through the Cortana/Gravemind sequences, you still have control of your character. I understand what you're getting at, but it would have been a weird implementation.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Eat some humble pie, Formal. Ogre 2 plopping turds all over Ambush.

:lol plopping is the perfect word

Good series. I wanna see some fuckin Dynasty man. Have they been on mainstage yet?

edit: Ask and you shall receive I guess

Gui_PT

letoffsomesteambennett.gif

Hey Bennet! LET OFF SOME STEAM!

GhaleonEB

Thing about those is that they take control away from the player momentarily to change the camera. Through the Cortana/Gravemind sequences, you still have control of your character. I understand what you're getting at, but it would have been a weird implementation.

True, it would have required them to take control of the player away and make them a skipable cut scene.

Regardless, they were both poorly implemented and ultimately pointless from a story standpoint. Just an inexplicable element of the campaign.

NOKYARD

Karl2177

True, it would have required them to take control of the player away and make them a skipable cut scene.

Regardless, they were both poorly implemented and ultimately pointless from a story standpoint. Just an inexplicable element of the campaign.
I actually think the vignettes like the Chieftain dam sequence were kinda neat. It gave an optional experience to the story that you could either ignore or use it to gain perspective on the situation.

Speed runners were only able to skip one of those annoyances. On Floodgate at the warehouse they found a nifty trick to avoid the trigger on the floor. Otherwise, they found ways to push through them in other areas.

Holy smokes. That was insane. I've never thought to use the box geometry + grav hammer like that before. It would explain why my fastest run is only 5:30-ish.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I have a question. I haven't played since a bit before Anniversary came out, why is the pace of these matches (MLG) seem so slow nowadays? Was there a shift in strategy, and if so, why?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Penance is a turd. I don't mind playing it, but watching it is boring.

Magni

Glad to see Instinct doing so well, they may be dropping games, but it's not like they're playing against AM teams either.

Oh, and concerning last night's fat jokes:

FNF Sterling on the MLG forums said:
This was hands down the best event I've been to as far as the amount if fun I had. The chance to play against Str8 Rippin on the mainstage was the most fun I've ever had playing halo. Joked with them the whole series and told them I'd take them all out for a steak dinner next event after that Battle Canyon slayer haha. Made ninja show us that triple before we got off the stage too lol.

Oh and to those that negged the kid that said FnF stands for "Fat and Friendly" you have no sense of humor, that was hilarious hahaha. Awesome halo crowd too.

Magni

edit: Classic just got 3-0ed by Warriors, ouch

posted 5 minutes before Hysteria returns to form and starts waping with the sniper o_o

Hysteria (and ACE) just dominated that game. He was my favorite player in H3 for a while, when tD were doing massive damage. Nice to see him back to top form with the sniper.

Top Bottom