• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

Log4Girlz

If they model the mechanics of this game after RoadBlasters, I'd be as happy as a little girl!

s_RoadBlasters_8.png

That looks hot...man I love pixel art.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I've read the last 5 or 6 pages and IdeaMan's posts and I gotta say it sounds fake to me. Just a bunch of vague statements with little to no specifics. A combination of the content in his posts, his writing style, his attention-seeking teases, and other things are giving me a BS vibe. When you've been on the Internet for so many years (I'm an expert, etc.) your BS radar gets more and more advanced, and mine's certainly detected something with IdeaMan.

Nintendo fans seem to believe in stuff like this too easily (not an insult, just an observation). Many of them seem to be more gullible than the average console warrior. Guek is 100% right, take what this guy says with an enormous boulder of salt.
Expect a pm from him tomorrow morning for being so harsh with your assessment.

I agree 100% with what you said, and thought the same exact thing when he first joined the speculation thread because I have..... experience with such things from my youngin' days.

HylianTom

Banned
hey, looks like an improvement from Car Vault

Gameplay-wise, it still holds-up remarkably well.

One day, if I'm ever crazy-wealthy, I'll have that game in my gaming room. Right between the Addams Family Pinball machine and the Donkey Kong cabinet.

So.. PAX East in 2.5 days, eh? Anyone think we'll see any hands-on impressons? Or is it going to be all 3DS?
Sadly, I think I know the answer.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Just getting into WiiU and all I need is one question answered from the many knowledgeable people here...Will it be able to run that Zelda demo in real-time. If yes then that's all I need to know about if it has enough power.

HylianTom

Banned
PAX is really small, why do you think that the all places Nintendo could chose this event to start spilling the beans.

If I'm a betting man, I'd put all of my chips on "no, they wouldn't."

But.. it's Nintendo. They're unpredictable, and revealing a tiny detail would be kinda, umm, Nintendo-esque(?).

(BTW.. I never thanked you for that link to the Ladytron video you provided. Fantastic!)

VAPitts

If I'm a betting man, I'd put all of my chips on "no, they wouldn't."

But.. it's Nintendo. They're unpredictable, and revealing a tiny detail would be kinda, umm, Nintendo-esque(?).

(BTW.. I never thanked you for that link to the Ladytron video you provided. Fantastic!)

when have they EVER revealed anything at PAX?

DCharlie

Banned
I've heard that Mario Tennis on Wii U will look amazing.

well, i've always said that we should slow down on tech progress - who wants that anyways ? Iwata said it's unsustainable and i agree with him. I'm perfectly happy with where we are now, it's just a massive coincidence that i'm happy at the exact point that Nintendo's new console is going to be at (whatever that is) - anything under is weak, and anything over is not required and stupid.

AzaK

"Wii U is kind of a special case," said the Epic Mickey creator. "The way the player interacts with the device is very different than any other device out there. So if I were to make a game for the Wii U, it would have to be a unique game."

Even then, the Epic Mickey 2 engine is still compatible with the Wii U, says Spector. The issue isn't with the game's engine, but rather what seems to be Spector's desire to create a unique title centered on the Wii U's capabilities. That's good to know, because the last thing we need is a wacky Wii U port of what could be a great game on other consoles. If Spector wants to tinker around with the upcoming Nintendo console's hardware to deliver an intriguing and unique game, that's a much better idea than a port.

You guys really fell for that quote twice?

I assume you mean the above quote and what do you mean by fell for it? Was it fake?

Yep. :p
Anth0ny has been taking what Kojima said and adding random developers or publishers (earlier it was Rockstar)..and people has been falling for it. :p

Thanks for clarifying, as I too wasn't sure of it myself, it did seem odd of Spector to say, plus I remember Kojima saying that.

Well if you don't believe the Lady Log, you can just tell her to log off.

*shot*

I believe that the 360 can't handle the demo as it is. :)

AniHawk

Anth0ny has been taking what Kojima said and adding random developers or publishers (earlier it was Rockstar)..and people has been falling for it. :p

well supposedly there is a general feeling of apprehension of the system since the controller is a giant screen with buttons. and apparently, there's a lot of waiting for the big nintendo games to hit the system first so it sells some units, and/or other companies to jump on first.

not sure who's saying what though.

HylianTom

Banned
Nice, I though no one touched the link =')

Naw.. I work 12-to-14 hours a day, stuck in the MRI control booth, so I have tons of alone time for farting-around online, listening to podcasts, watching movies, etc.. and I tend to click through a lot in Nintendo threads. That one was a definite winner.

The sad thing is that the statement is so utterly believable.

I'm starting to think that I should maintain a database of developer quotes and interviews where this kind of stuff is spewed. I could borrow from Mel Brooks & Bea Arthur and call it "Bullshit Artists."

bea-arthur.gif

fernoca

Was this confirmed to be true, fake?.. sounds nice either way:

Assassin's Creed 3 - new Wii U details
  • Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin's Creed "Animus"
  • Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
  • Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
  • The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
  • Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
  • Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.

IGN reported it too, but they said it was "Nintendo Power"; when the info's from "Nintendo Gamer" apparently.

Was this confirmed to be true, fake?.. sounds nice either way:

Assassin's Creed 3 - new Wii U details
  • Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin's Creed "Animus"
  • Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
  • Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
  • The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
  • Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
  • Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.

IGN reported it too, but they said it was "Nintendo Power"; when the info's from "Nintendo Gamer" apparently.

that sounds pretty cool

Not that it's not a very pretty tech demo, but I'm still not seeing what exactly the Zelda demo is doing that's so amazingly next gen...

And no one's gone in depth to elaborate beyond vague terms. Digital Foundry likewise didn't really see anything that they thought couldn't be achieved either on consoles currently on the market.

PogiJones

Banned
I can't keep up with this thread! Over 10,000 posts in 15 days... at this rate, assuming it accelerates even a little bit just before E3, we could very well start the SIXTH version of this thread right before E3 starts.

Log4Girlz

Naw.. I work 12-to-14 hours a day, stuck in the MRI control booth, so I have tons of alone time for farting-around online, listening to podcasts, watching movies, etc.. and I tend to click through a lot in Nintendo threads. That one was a definite winner.

The sad thing is that the statement is so utterly believable.

I'm starting to think that I should maintain a database of developer quotes and interviews where this kind of stuff is spewed. I could borrow from Mel Brooks & Bea Arthur and call it "Bullshit Artists."

bea-arthur.gif

A funny thing happened on the way to E3...

nordique

?

I've been saying since the first thread the target specs said up to 1.5GB. And since then I've been expecting 1.5GB. That hasn't changed and so far nothing has caused me to deviate from that.

I feel that, going by the reactions in this thread (and the other one), few people are paying attention to what your likely-accurate guesstimate specs are :p

Doom and Gloom > Educated likelihood it seems

Top Bottom