• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially since they kind of made it a point to show Aang energybending in the preview as well. That could be coincidence but it put the idea into my head.

I think it was cut that way to be deliberately misleading. Without it the thought wouldn't even enter your head. I seriously doubt it's what you think it is but we'll find out soon enough.

I mean,
I love a "steamy sex" pun as much as the next guy, I really hope they aren't just doing this to appease the bitter Zutara shippers.

Of course they are.

So,
are there more airbenders at Air Temple Island? Not the three kids, but I noticed that many people in air temple get up put the spinning palette arena back up after she destroys it. Are they just stewards or what?

apana

I hope it's not. I thought the requirement was that your spirit
had to be unbendable. I always took that to mean unbendable in a good way, as in the person being pure. I really wouldn't like it if Amon was an energy bender anyways, energy bending was special because it was so rare. You kind of ruin that old moment if others start doing it. Also the only person who has energy bending knowledge is Aang meaning that Amon would have to be a disciple of his.

Wiseblade

Of course they are.
:(

had to be unbendable. I always took that to mean unbendable in a good way, as in the person being pure. I really wouldn't like it if Amon was an energy bender anyways, energy bending was special because it was so rare. You kind of ruin that old moment if others start doing it. Also the only person who has energy bending knowledge is Aang meaning that Amon would have to be a disciple of his.
I always assumed unbendable referred simply to having a stronger will than your opponent.

Oh dear, preview pics of The Promise Part 2 are out. I don't like where they're heading.

My shipping sense indicates that we may be finding out who Lin's father is.

"The dark one"? I HATE HIM ALREADY.

Ezduo

Banned
I always considered the energy bending or whatever as the biggest disappointment of the original series and a gigantic deus ex machina thrown in at the last possible moment to sidestep the moral quandary Aang had been dealing with the entire series. If Amon is indeed doing the same thing my thought process is thus: they'll better explain it better which could potentially smooth out the rough edges I felt the original series ending had or they'll leave it as vague as ever which will be pretty disappointing but depending on how everything else works out not the end of the world. We'll see. I feel like it would've worked better if this had been a brand new thing rather than a carryover power from the original series.

Arment

Amon could be born a energy bender. Special circumstance? We'll see.

Blackhead

Redarse
This is the one that basically spoils the romantic aspect of the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXPupzRcygg

Such a fucking tease. I couldn't catch it the first few times I watched the video and had to download it and scrub through it carefully. It's not just the event that occurs you can also see the initiator and the reaction. Were they this manipulative during The Legend of Avatar run? I only watched that on dvd long after the show had aired... I think I'll do that again for Korra. My hype is deflated now; no point sticking around waiting for each episode.

I don't see it.
Why would Sokka drop Suki for Toph? Didi something happen in the first comic?

Nothing yet but it's not even clear that they're still together after the one year timeskip. They haven't been seen together and right now
Suki is guarding Zuko with the other Kyoshi Warriors in the Fire Nation
while
Sokka is flying around with Aang and friends

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I mean,
I love a "steamy sex" pun as much as the next guy, I really hope they aren't just doing this to appease the bitter Zutara shippers. Those guys deserve no sympathy.

Of course they did. Man... fuck this noise.

Of course they did. Man... fuck this noise.

No. Just no.

The crack pipe dream that was the Katara/Zuko relationship bears little to no relation to an potential Korra/Mako relationship. Other then the Fact that Korra was born in the water tribe and Mako is a fire bender there are no other similarities between the two ships.

No. Just no.

The crack pipe dream that was the Katara/Zuko relationship bears little to no relation to an potential Korra/Mako relationship. Other then the Fact that Korra was born in the water tribe and Mako is a fire bender there are no other similarities between the two ships.

The characters are not dissimilar though. Mako is basically Zuko sans the angst. I like him considerably less than Bolin right now because he seems almost calculatedly designed to appeal to the old Zuko fanbase, which was massive.

I'm glad I watched Avatar after the hype so I could avoid all the fucking disastrous shipping talk.

I actually hope Nick never releases the other episodes and burns the footage. I hate you all that much.

No. Just no.

Mako is basically Zuko without a scar and toned down angst.

Wiseblade

The characters are not dissimilar though. Mako is basically Zuko sans the angst. I like him considerably less than Bolin right now because he seems almost calculatedly designed to appeal to the old Zuko fanbase, which was massive.

This. I know it's not really fair to judge a character based on one episode, but he does have a serious "Zuko expy"-ness about him. And I guarantee it's the same people shipping both pairs.

The only thing we've seen of Mako is that he is serious, focused and reserved.

Zuko was non of those things. Zuko was impulsive, full of anger and angst. He did manage to calm down after he un-fucked himself in the last book though.

Zuko and Mako are nothing alike.

Edit: Not to mention that, Korra and Katara are NOTHING alike. Its the the second episode of the new series and Korra and Mako actually have a relationship. Even it is just teammates/friends. Katara and Zuko wasn't even in the same room togather for more then 5 minutes until and second season.

Zuko was non of those things. Zuko was impulsive, full of anger and angst. He did manage to calm down after he un-fucked himself in the last book though.

They're both tall, dark and handsome, spend most of their time brooding, and are cold and unfriendly to others. Zuko did indeed angst more overtly, but that is the only thing that really separates them right now insofar as their interactions with other characters are concerned. Saying they're nothing alike is absurd.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is it possible to watch this without watching the 2 latter seasons of the first Avatar?

Ultimadrago

what is a shipper?

An annoying, terrible person.

Ignore them when possible.

But seriously, constant shipping in the thread makes others quite uncomfortable. People have a right to discuss various relationships within the series, but there's a time when it just goes far/gets overpowering enough to make things unsettling for those that just want to enjoy the show at face value. That's not cool.

Is it possible to watch this without watching the 2 latter seasons of the first Avatar?

You don't really need to watch any of Avatar, but you'll definitely get more out of it if you watch the whole thing.

An annoying, terrible person.

Ignore them when possible.
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

They're both tall, dark and handsome, spend most of their time brooding, and are cold and unfriendly to others. Zuko did indeed angst more overtly, but that is the only thing that really separates them right now insofar as their interactions with other characters are concerned. Saying they're nothing alike is absurd.

I have yet to see Mako "brood". And he was more indifferent to Korra then unfriendly

I have no problem with Korra and Mako getting together. Them becoming romantic could be a natural outcome of their initial relationship from what we've seen so far. There was nothing in any of Katara's and Zuko interactions throughout the first series that could even be remotely viewed as romantic from anyone but the craziest of fan girls.

Zutara and Makora(sp?) are nothing alike.

Mumei

I don't ship (I didn't even expect shipping would be a thing with the Avatar fanbase when I first watched it...), but I don't mind shippers and find their antics rather entertaining.

Anyway, I bought the Book 3 DVDs. I love rewatching this show. <3

I agree. Plus it seems like Mako is a lot more of a friendly, normal dude once you get past the initial barrier.

Edit: Not to mention that, Korra and Katara are NOTHING alike.

Indeed. Thus far Korra doesn't suck, which is more than I can say for Katara.

I have yet to see Mako "brood".

Then we must have a different understanding of what constitutes brooding, because he was doing it all throughout the second episode. "You guys have fun, I'm going to go off and brood a bit by myself. Now watch me stare out at the open water with a smoldering gaze."

As for the pairings, I have no horse in this race (except Lin lolz). I'm just not enthused with Mako as a character right now.

I don't ship (I didn't even expect shipping would be a thing with the Avatar fanbase when I first watched it...), but I don't mind shippers and find their antics rather entertaining.

Anyway, I bought the Book 3 DVDs. I love rewatching this show. <3

I found out after book 2 and i was like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

What was funny was the reactions when the book 3 trailer was shown since it had some Katara and Zuko in there LOL

I agree. Plus it seems like Mako is a lot more of a friendly, normal dude once you get past the initial barrier.

See, I thought you and me could have been friends until...

Indeed. Thus far Korra doesn't suck, which is more than I can say for Katara

Katara did not suck. Katara was/is one of the more complex female characters in western animation ever!

Katara rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom