• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Overdoziz

Banned
I dont understand whats happening anymore :(
He wrote some 'songs' a few pages back.

Here's the 'song' about the Halo 4 Warthog apparently:
Love's a heavy hog
Give it to me don't flip it dog
Needs a heavy weight
Too heavy for one shot
to flip out your hog
flip out your hog again
two tons
Two tons just to hold it doooooooown
dooooown
Dooooooown
Hold that liiiiiiiiiiine

So it's not going to flip as easily.

Won't stop him from flipping them over, though.

Karl2177

Elite encounters>Brute encounters
Agreed. And I like Reach's Brutes a lot more than I like Halo 3/ODST Brutes. Giving them the shield mechanic by default seems a bit overkill.

scarab encounters > running from scarabs

Also agreed. Does anyone tackle the Scarab encounter on The Covenant the same way I do it?* I hop in the passenger seat of a Hornet and it flies over one. I drop out, kill everything, blow the core, and hop back on as it flies to me. It then takes me to the other Scarab, and I repeat the process, except I jump off the Scarab and deploy a Bubble Shield right underneath it. So damn cool.

*not to be attempted on Legendary

I hope to god this GameInformer Reveal is Halo 4 ill actually send pictures of myself in "compromising" shots to frankie and ellis if it is

Edit: and sai

Agreed. And I like Reach's Brutes a lot more than I like Halo 3/ODST Brutes. Giving them the shield mechanic by default seems a bit overkill.

Also agreed. Does anyone tackle the Scarab encounter on The Covenant the same way I do it?* I hop in the passenger seat of a Hornet and it flies over one. I drop out, kill everything, blow the core, and hop back on as it flies to me. It then takes me to the other Scarab, and I repeat the process, except I jump off the Scarab and deploy a Bubble Shield right underneath it. So damn cool.

*not to be attempted on Legendary
I launch onto them with my mongoose

Karl2177

Just a reminder for those not on the HaloGAF list to get on the list, and a general reminder to everyone about my HaloGAF stats collection. I'm starting this right now, and gathering a boat load of data from HaloGAF's competitive Reach stats on bungie.net. If there is something that I'm missing or something that you particularly want from the stats, let me know.

Thanks!
HaloGAF final transition stats

I'll be doing a gigantic sweep of HaloGAF stats after the transition is over, getting the final bungie.net stats as well as starting to use the Waypoint stats afterwards. If you want to be included make sure you are on the HaloGAF list and that your gamertag is correct. I might include some of you that aren't on the list(Tashi/Frankie/Alienshogun) as well.

I'll be collecting only competitive stats, otherwise it would take too long(and frankly it's a bit boring work) to get everything else. I'll be getting every medal, most weapons, and the general stats found on this page(if you're signed into WLID when you click it). If you're interested in other stats, I can collect them for you as well; just let me know what you want. I'll be doing derivative stuff like headshot %, perfectionist, worst, and so on.

Again, if you have any requests for competitive stats, just let me know what you want and hopefully I'll be able to do it. Until then, I wish you all a good night, and go Louisville!

senador

Banned
Just a reminder for those not on the HaloGAF list to get on the list, and a general reminder to everyone about my HaloGAF stats collection. I'm starting this right now, and gathering a boat load of data from HaloGAF's competitive Reach stats on bungie.net. If there is something that I'm missing or something that you particularly want from the stats, let me know.

Thanks!

This is awesome. Are you just doing this manually?

Karl2177

This is awesome. Are you just doing this manually?

Yep. The API has been borked for me, so I'm going through everyone's gamertag on the list one by one.

Re-quoted for new page:

Thanks!
HaloGAF final transition stats

I'll be doing a gigantic sweep of HaloGAF stats after the transition is over, getting the final bungie.net stats as well as starting to use the Waypoint stats afterwards. If you want to be included make sure you are on the HaloGAF list and that your gamertag is correct. I might include some of you that aren't on the list(Tashi/Frankie/Alienshogun) as well.

I'll be collecting only competitive stats, otherwise it would take too long(and frankly it's a bit boring work) to get everything else. I'll be getting every medal, most weapons, and the general stats found on this page(if you're signed into WLID when you click it). If you're interested in other stats, I can collect them for you as well; just let me know what you want. I'll be doing derivative stuff like headshot %, perfectionist, worst, and so on.

Again, if you have any requests for competitive stats, just let me know what you want and hopefully I'll be able to do it. Until then, I wish you all a good night, and go Louisville!

kylej

Banned
I'd like to thank Reach matchmaking for giving me and Overdoz a quitter and a bronze kid on our team. Matchmaking is garbage.

kylej

Banned
can anybody please get online? we need 2. 8 trillion people who post in this thread and nobody plays Halo.

gamertag: jelyk

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Been really enjoying the game lately. Lost out on a game today by a single kill. Hopefully this link works. Really close, really competitive. Shame us four hadn't played together more cuz we were drifting at times but damn that was fun.
That link took me to my own game history. :-\

Edit : But it worked the second time, haha. And agreed, that game was fantastic. I haven't fought so tooth and nail over environment advantages in a long time. Every good sightline felt crucial.

Does anyone else not feel like "in" the game if you don't have the controller at the beginning of the match?
I don't know what it is but I never feel that capable if I don't start the match right at the beginning.
Whats the name for this?

Not just at the beginning of the match--if I'm not watching the screen from the moment voting ends through the time when the game starts, I get all screwed up. Not that a 30% drop in zero performance is really that big a deal.

EDIT:
Finally followed that link to the 90's cartoon site and stumbled across the Gargoyles opening credits video. It took all this time for me to realize that our very own Arbiter is the voice of the main character/narrator. Time to find Goliath quotes that match Arbiter quotes.

Computron

OH WOW.

People do not think before they open their mouth.

Im sitting in a lobby and this one guy gets excited at the choice of maps to vote on.

He yells, "Vote for Hemmorhage if you got a penis!"

Vote passes, Hemmorhage wins.

He immediately says, "YEAGH! There's a lot of big dicks in here, I like it...."

Followed by like 3-4 seconds of him getting really quiet and fumbling over his words. The most awkward moment in his life by the sound of it.

2 seconds later, "...no homo."

His whole party is in tears laughing at him by this point.

IDIOTS.

Karl2177

OH WOW.

People do not think before they open their mouth.

Im sitting in a lobby and this one guy gets excited at the choice of maps to vote on.

He yells, "Vote for Hemmorhage if you got a penis!"

Vote passes, Hemmorhage wins.

He immediately says, "YEAGH! There's a lot of big dicks in here, I like it...."

Followed by like 3-4 seconds of him getting really quite and fumbling over his words. The most awkward moment in his life by the sound of it.

2 seconds later, "...no homo."

His whole party is in tears laughing at him by this point.

My question isn't on the general homophobic nature of the player in question, but who the hell votes for Hemorrhage?

Top Bottom