• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 240 - May - Trials, Pandora's Tower, Resident Evil ORC

Oh EDGE. Take it from a guy who stopped buying your magazine when the covers changed- fire your graphic design lads. If that's what the outside is like, I dread to think what the inside is like.

The inside is generally pretty good - certainly, I feel it's better than it has been for the last couple of years. Unfortunately, that seems to have come at the price of lovely Edge covers...

JonCha

I like the cover. A lot.

And I read Edge every month now, and covers are consistently good. Occasionally you get something great, like Skyward Sword.

The inside is generally pretty good - certainly, I feel it's better than it has been for the last couple of years. Unfortunately, that seems to have come at the price of lovely Edge covers...

I was pretty happy with the inside before, so if it has improved more than that's great news. Truth be told, I stopped buying the magazine monthly a while before the redesign happened, and after that they got rid of Time Extend, so I ditched it. :X

Jesus christ Edge covers, what a fall from grace. They must be thinking luminous colours will make people pick it up on the news stand.

Jesus christ Edge covers, what a fall from grace. They must be thinking luminous colours will make people pick it up on the news stand.

It's not so much the colour choice - the ones here are going to be divisive, but they're a pretty interesting, bold and unusual choice for the subject matter - but the way they've fallen prey to the "splash the cover with text" approach of just about every mag on the shelves. They used to stand out for their clean covers, with strong art choices and the striking logo and very little to draw attention away. Now everything is cluttered on their to compete and it looks horrid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kind of expected Pandora's Tower to be meh, operation rainfall should have waited to see if the games were any good before demanding western release.

6 is an above-average score from Edge.

Anyway, I'm stunned at the Ridge Racer score. Curiosity piqued.

And yes, the Mii on the last page is supposed to be Miyamoto.

I had gotten a subscription to EDGE as a birthday present and this was the first issue to arrive at my door. It was a glorious sight, even God was shining the sun over it as if he was jealous of the sunlight on the cover.

226.jpg

RIP Edge covers

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Wii U for next month, which is a huge deal after the year of silence and the general expectation that it would continue until E3.
Maybe Nintendo will open the floodgates at their shareholder meeting in a few weeks.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
That Dark Souls cover really is a thing of beauty. It's such a shame what they've done to Edge graphic design.

zlatko

Banned
Do they wait to do their reviews more so than other places? I would've thought SFxT would be lower due to the online infinites/loops, sound bug issue, the DLC shenanigans perhaps, and shit like the time over dilemma.

Good stuff for Sine Mora and SFxTekken.

Also their SFxTekken review is spot on. They only forgot to mention the online issues. :(

Do they wait to do their reviews more so than other places? I would've thought SFxT would be lower due to the online infinites/loops, sound bug issue, the DLC shenanigans perhaps, and shit like the time over dilemma.

To the former: it's been up on their site for a while.

To the latter: EDGE.

Oxx

Sounds like Wii U for next month, which is a huge deal after the year of silence and the general expectation that it would continue until E3.
Maybe Nintendo will open the floodgates at their shareholder meeting in a few weeks.

Here's a bad photo of the page:

20120405_173044.jpg

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

Yeah, it's gotta be Wii U.
The magazine should be out around a week after Nintendo's shareholder meeting.

Oxx

Seems like there is some good stuff in the 'Create' section:

- Profile of Jade Raymond
- Places: Wuhu Island
- Thing: The Long Block (Tetris)
- Studio Profile: Supergiant Games
- Making of Trials HD

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like the cover, too.

Also: Miis really need an upgrade.