• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls PC trailer [Matchmaking, new bosses, enemies, NPCs, weapons, armor, areas]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammish

Banned
I'm fine with GFWL. It wasn't much of a obtrusive ball ache on GTAIV and Bioshock 2 (though I bought it from Steam)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I haven't played the first game, would it be fine to just jump into this one? If so, I may be interested.

There are only thematic connections. Dark Souls isn't a sequel to Demon's Souls.

Mitama

VltCa.jpg

Badass!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lol, this:

CEO of Paradox said:
Implementing Games for Windows Live for Multiplayer in 2012 feels like delivering the manual in the form of a chiseled stone tablet

aw shit those new bosses look awesome

also GFWL is nowhere NEAR as bad as people make it out to be
It's even worse. It took me ages to get Dead Rising 2 to start up due to some update shenanigans from GFWL. This was bad enough since it took a lot of effort and time but then GFWL corrupted my save somewhere along the road. Yep, great service right there.

In a game like Demon's Souls losing your save is an absolute killer.

What's so bad about GFWL?
Honest question.

The main thing is that it's only supported on countries which support X360, which are only a handful. There are activation limits and once you run out you have to contact MS (Someone might want to correct me on this one. There are two ways to activate games and both suck). Epic ran into a problem with Gears of War where the game wouldn't even launch due to GFWL sucking at reading dates.

Pros: You get Xbox Live integrations i.e. achievements and being able to message and chat with people playing 360 games.

casabolg

Banned

GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED
GUYRA CONFIRMED

M.D

This DLC better come to consoles. I'll probably buy the PC version at some point, but right now, I'm invested in this game like no other game before. I NEED THAT CONTENT.

I wonder if there are new areas, or the bosses are in old found in old areas.
The fight with Black Dragon looks strange, it looks like you're just standing infront of him on a narrow path.

Is it just me or is that lion boss fight looks to be in the area where you fight Sif? Not to say it's in the same place, but pretty similiar. You fight Sif in a vast area in Darkroot Basin with water all over the place, but it's at night.

Plus, he's called Guardian of the Tomb. Maybe there's another tomb of Artorias? Cursed tomb of Artorias? :)

That vagina thing looks to be coming out of a water source? That would also make sense for that kind of creature. It looks like Darkroot Garden/Basin behind him.

This DLC better come to consoles. I'll probably buy the PC version at some point, but right now, I'm invested in this game like no other game before. I NEED THAT CONTENT.

I wonder if there are new areas, or the bosses are in old found in old areas.
The fight with Black Dragon looks strange, it looks like you're just standing infront of him on a narrow path.

Is it just me or is that lion boss fight looks to be in the area where you fight Sif? Not to say it's in the same place, but pretty similiar. You fight Sif in a vast area in Darkroot Basin with water all over the place, but it's at night.

Plus, he's called Guardian of the Tomb. Maybe there's another tomb of Artorias? Cursed tomb of Artorias? :)

That vagina thing looks to be coming out of a water source? That would also make sense for that kind of creature. It looks like Darkroot Garden/Basin behind him.

Yeah, I thought it looked like the place you fight Sif, too.

I think one or two small new areas will probably be in, but I'm not expecting much. If there's just a cool little path that leads to a new boss I'll be happy.

GFWL sucks complete ass, Steam/Steamworks should have been used. Why would a dev want to go GFWL instead of Steam in the first place, what pros could there be?

casabolg

Banned
As a From Soft fan I don't think I have a reasonable expression to express how excited I am that From Software is bringing back their first final boss character ever.

I don't even have a magic build but it just wouldn't be right if I didn't kill Guyra with the sword of moonlight.

Settle down, boy.

NO
I CANNOT CONTAIN

RedSwirl

What's so bad about GFWL?
Honest question.

My biggest problem with it is how it patches games. You have to boot up the game first, even if you bought it on Steam, and it's pretty slow. Having to log onto Live for certain things is a pain too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
GFWL?

noJog.gif

It IS as bad as people make out, it ruined Section 8 for me and is just a fucking burden to deal with.

Unfortunately, GWFL is the most popular platform on PC in Japan.

chiablo

I was holding off on getting it for the PS3 knowing it was coming to PC, I'm so excited for i... wait? GFWL? Seriously?

Nevermind, I'll just get it on PS3.

I wonder if there will be potential to mod the game since it's on PC now.

The possibilities are endless.

If anyone from BAMCO is reading, you guys have an opportunity to create a lot of new fans. Don't go the shitty route and make this a barebones port. You still have time to make it as awesome as it can be. And please for the love of GOD don't cap the framerate. I would go even further and suggest to get rid of GFWL eventually as post-release support. We want your game. Don't make us regret the decision to pick up this on day one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is but one option, fellow PC gamers: Petition Scamco to switch to Steamworks.

The petition should have been more specific apparently.

Bring Dark Souls to PC and do not use Games for Windows Live!

It's like making a wish on the monkey's paw. It's all in the wording.

Struct09

My biggest problem with it is how it patches games. You have to boot up the game first, even if you bought it on Steam, and it's pretty slow. Having to log onto Live for certain things is a pain too.

If you have a GFWL game on Steam it can be patched without loading the game first. At least that's how Batman Arkham City patches have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom